Home

Kone "change board" light is on. KCM831, (LCE 375)

Posted By: Vic

Kone "change board" light is on. KCM831, (LCE 375) - 07/11/12 08:35 PM

We got a Kone KCM831 control, with the typical LCE 375 processor unit. The one with the digital dispays on it, and all the menu buttons.

When it is powered up, after a small bit this LED lights up, that says "Change Board".

The display is alternately flashing "CPU 40", and looks like it is trying to re-boot itself repeatedly. The "Change Board" LED goes out briefly during these cycles, but always reappears each time.

Is this indicative of a genuine problem with the processor board? Could the program have dropped a bit?

Anyone have this situation before? Does it really require a new LCE 375 processor board? Best sources for such?
Posted By: aquadag

Re: Kone "change board" light is on. KCM831, (LCE 375) - 07/11/12 09:42 PM

sounds like it. 1 800 kone spares is the number. These are very salty.

Re: Kone "change board" light is on. KCM831, (LCE 375) - 07/11/12 10:56 PM

Thanks, aquadog

Re: Kone "change board" light is on. KCM831, (LCE 375) - 07/14/12 06:16 AM

Changing the nvram did not make the light go away. New board ordered. Over $4000.
Posted By: Broke_Sheave

Re: Kone "change board" light is on. KCM831, (LCE 375) - 07/14/12 07:35 PM

Kone has the perfect product..

You put out a piece of crap. They can put it in cheaper than just about any of the other OEM's. Which means the put in a LOT of them. Then they maintain it, untill they get tossed out. Then the other companies salivating like dogs bid like crazy to get it. and then when it goes down Kone makes a Ton of money on parts..

So the best business plan I've seen to date..
Design a piece of crap..
Put in a bunch of them..
Make all the money you can on Maintenance till you get tossed..
And then make all your REAL money on Parts..

Frean' brilliant!!!

P.S.
They make the interface so simple to "Break Into"...(See other posts on this forum..), that is sucks the competitors in.. grin
Posted By: aquadag

Re: Kone "change board" light is on. KCM831, (LCE 375) - 07/15/12 02:02 AM

I don't cover any electronic parts so let them charge all they want. Sometimes I even write : "No moving parts will be covered". along with the no electronics part wink You would be amazed at how many people miss that part.
Posted By: Broke_Sheave

Re: Kone "change board" light is on. KCM831, (LCE 375) - 07/15/12 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: aquadag
I don't cover any electronic parts so let them charge all they want. Sometimes I even write : "No moving parts will be covered". along with the no electronics part wink You would be amazed at how many people miss that part.

I've often wondered how the companies got into a position to warranty parts as part of the maintenance contract. It would be a great deal if the same standard was applied to your auto..

"I've got this 72 Dodge, that I'd like a maintenance contract on and as part of the contract you cover the engine, transmission, Lights, etc.. And oh yeah..You've got to compete against every repair shop in town for my business, and the price I'm going to pay is the same as when this car was driven off the lot in 72"...

That's pretty smart Aquadog. And for the life of me, I don't know how the elevator industry fell into this...

Re: Kone "change board" light is on. KCM831, (LCE 375) - 07/16/12 04:47 AM

We protect ourselves also. You gotta, when Kone boards that are worth $200 cost $1000, and ones worth $800 cost $4000. FM would bury you.
© 2024 Elevator Forum