Home

kone kcm831

Posted By: Scott Davidson

kone kcm831 - 01/01/13 12:07 AM

I was playing with a 831 the other day, I hooked up my computer to the controller, and saved the parameter list using hyper terminal, i was going through the menu, and saw a menu item called Roll Call, I clicked on it, but i did not get any response back. What is Roll Call just curious. Also this is a three car group, i at least got a snapshot of all the parameters and LON info, is there something else i should try and save or is this a waste of time.
Posted By: Vic

Re: kone kcm831 - 01/06/13 10:12 PM

Can you hook up just any old laptop? Or do you need some software to communicate with the controller?

"Roll Call" sounds like a list in the Great Beyond! You may have stumbled into another dimension!

Re: kone kcm831 - 01/08/13 03:30 AM

I use a windows xp computer, with a standard 232 port. windows xp comes with communication software installed, it is called hyper terminal. just set up the communication settings in the program, and use a nine pin null modem cable with female on one end and male on the other. once you get logged on to the lce, you have quite a few menu options to choose from. one good thing about hyper terminal, is that you can start a text file from within the program that will continue to capture everything you see on the computer screen until you tell it to stop capturing. it is then saved as txt file. easy way to have a saved copy of all parameters. i have a little write up if your interested, pm me your email, and i will send you a pdf. as far as using any laptop, im sure you could, just need a communication program. i also have a couple old communication programs i could send you that we used to use on the swift, t3, etc. i think roll call is checking on LON nodes? not sure, also what the hell is Konexion
Posted By: Vic

Re: kone kcm831 - 01/09/13 04:49 AM

Wow, thanks, Scott! Much appreciated. So far, we just use the on-board menus. But I always like to get better at things, so that's great news.

Re: kone kcm831 - 01/11/13 03:22 AM

you could probably get by with just the on board menus, but this just seemed more fun:}.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: kone kcm831 - 01/12/13 07:14 PM

Scott, to answer your question about "Roll Call" it has to with direction from the machine room. The floor boards in the hoistway to be exact. If the controller is on top and the boards run down the hoistway the roll call is configured as a "1". If the controller is on the bottom and the boards run up the hoistway it is configred as a "2". This value can be found in menu 5, sub-menu 4.

Re: kone kcm831 - 01/13/13 04:43 AM

thanks steve, i will note that info, and check it out next time I'm out there. Can you tell me what Konexion is? thanks for the info welcome to the forum, looks like you will be an asset for us all. thanks again
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: kone kcm831 - 01/14/13 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Scott Davidson
Can you tell me what Konexion is?

This is kone's voice data and remote monitoring system. It is only used with cars that are programmed to call their service center in the event the emergency phone is activated.Inside the cartop connection box you might see another board. That is called a RIF board and it is what makes the calls out to their center.

Re: kone kcm831 - 01/15/13 02:14 AM

thanks again:}
© 2024 Elevator Forum