Home

Tool pouches

Posted By: union4lyfe

Tool pouches - 08/02/14 01:44 PM

Hey guys,

I've recently been looking for a new tool pouch and was wondering if you have any suggestions for bags/boxes that work well for elevator mechanics. I mainly do maintenance and service calls.

Thanks!
Posted By: jkh

Re: Tool pouches - 08/02/14 04:51 PM

U4L,
I've been servicing elevators for over 25 years. When it comes to tool bags, boxes or pouches, I prefer a pouch with a belt to carry on my shoulder. In my pouch I carry the essentials;
A fluke multi meter
3/8, 7/16, 1/2 & 9/16 wrenches
Nut drive set
Screw drivers, P2 Philops 1/4 standard long & stubby, 4" - 1/8 standard
Small Chanel locks
Needle nose plier
Side cutters
Wire strippers
Small snap ring pliers
Contact burnishing eraser & file
Rubber door wedge
Assorted door keys
Two AA LED flash lights
Pencil & sharpie
Assorted fuses
4 jumpers (that must be counted before each call and before the elevator is placed back into service!!!!)

And my personal favorite a 26 year old to carry the tools and run steps when I need something from the truck. Or I'm feeling mean!

As for Maintenance I keep a second bag for a grease gun, Nylube, rags and ketchup bottles (for oil)...

Re: Tool pouches - 08/02/14 05:00 PM

I posted a picture in funny pics...
Posted By: union4lyfe

Re: Tool pouches - 08/02/14 10:55 PM

Hey jkh,

Thanks for the insight, I like the way you store your jumpers. Much better than stuffing them in a pocket and taking up valuable space!

Stay safe.
U4L
Posted By: kiwinightstalker

Re: Tool pouches - 08/03/14 03:13 AM

I think everyone has a different idea of what to carry and what to carry it in...some guys can hardly lift their bags and others just have a small bum bag. A fitter had a go at me once for not having a hammer in my bag....told him im a sparky and didnt need one...needless to say HE wasnt happy having to go back and get his!!!

Re: Tool pouches - 08/03/14 03:37 AM

Thanks U4L
I did miss to list a few items such as allen wrenches... But think you get my point.

Kiwi,
Your absolutely right!
Every mechanic finds what works for them. I keep my hammer in a tool box behind my truck seat. It doesn't come out that often. But when she is needed I know where it is. As for the fitter, I don't lend my tools. My helper loses or ruins enough of them!
Posted By: Postal

Re: Tool pouches - 08/03/14 05:34 AM

http://www.protoindustrial.com/en/industrial-tools/Proto/Tool-Storage/Tool-Boxes/J9971-NA_Proto®-Hip-Roof-Box-with-Tray---19%22/

This is what i carry my boss says I'm old school
© 2024 Elevator Forum