Home

General Print Question

Posted By: smartriseguy

General Print Question - 11/24/14 11:57 PM

Just out of curiosity. I have heard GAL has the easiest and best put together set of prints out right now. I've heard idiot proof most often to describe them. Would most of you agree that GAL has the nicest prints or is there another company you prefer
Posted By: christycollett

Re: General Print Question - 11/26/14 07:02 PM

My Vote goes to Haughton and later Schindler Haughton. Maybe I'm a little bio-est because my first job in the Business was as a electrical draftsman for Haughton.

Work Safe All
Posted By: ThyssenKrapp

Re: General Print Question - 12/01/14 03:22 PM

Pre LCE KONE diagrams i find the easiest to follow
Posted By: Do the Dishes

Re: General Print Question - 12/08/14 03:56 PM

I have to agree with Christycollett and I am not biased in the least when it comes to Swindler I mean Schindler. When I worked for an independent back in the 80's, and if it went up and down we worked on it.

I clearly remember the day our boss bid high on some Schindler/Haughton stuff thinking we wouldn't get the maintenance and got it. None of us ever work on this equipment and were wondering if he lost his head. Nonetheless, the prints were amazing with all the side notes of contact location, how the road map style was so helpful and the overall flow of everything. That job soon became my favorite equipment because of how easy the was to trouble shoot all because of prints. Compared to the Dover Composite that I cut my teeth on, I had now clue that elevators could actually be fun to trouble shoot.
© 2024 Elevator Forum