Home

Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller

Posted By: Vic

Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 04/07/12 11:47 PM

Ok, this is hard to describe.

At one brief moment in history, (1983-ish?) Amtech/Reliable was installing hydros with a small microprocessor card rack. Wires mount to screw terminals, on removeable input/output boards on their front side.

The rack says GE/Fanuc on it, but they don't actually make it. It's made the mother of all PLC manaufacturers, which is Koyo.

Anyhoo, does anyone have an Amtech print from this era?
Posted By: Broke_Sheave

Re: Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 04/08/12 12:10 AM

ECI West
10631 Bloomfield Street,
Unit 14
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Phone 866–633–9788
Phone 562–598–7995
Fax 562–598–6025

Re: Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 04/08/12 01:42 AM

Ah, thank you very much!

We shant forget Mike T's assistance!
Posted By: Scott Davidson

Re: Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 04/08/12 02:09 AM

hey vic, there are hundreds , if not more of these units around the usa. It was dubbed them Omega 1000. I have plenty of info to help you with these. pm me your email, and i will send you what i have. they are pretty good units, one problem would be if you lose the original GE Fanuc processor, you will have to convert the software to the newer style koyo or direct logic processors. the original ge processor is out of production. mike t usually charges a pretty penny to do the conversion. if you ever run into this problem let me know, i can help you out. other than that, the unit is pretty reliable, the level sensor board, and pic boards are easily repairable.

Re: Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 04/09/12 01:04 AM

pm sent

Re: Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 04/11/12 03:34 PM

Thanks so much for your help, Scott.
Posted By: porkchop

Re: Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 04/07/13 09:04 PM

hey iwas woundering if you have a manual for omg 1000 thanks

Re: Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 04/08/13 02:57 AM

pm me your email, i will send you what i have.
Posted By: christycollett

Re: Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 04/10/13 06:14 PM

Hey Guys, What am I? "chopped Liver" Drop me a line at elevatorinfo@att.net

Re: Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 04/11/13 01:48 AM

sorry christy, i was raised on the omega, My father in-law was one of the original designers of the omega. I have almost everything needed for the omega, there are only a handful of guys who have all the tools and info needed to support these units into the future. you are not chopped liver, seems like you have helped many people on this forum, this just happens to be one of my babies. have a great night
Posted By: ABE

Re: Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 06/21/13 02:43 AM

My company is looking at taking one of these Omega 1000s on full maintenance and is the only one I know of in my Area. This one was installed around 1990 and appears to have the newer Koyo PLC. The odd thing is when I checked part availability it appears that some of the timer boards boards are interchangeable with US elevator and the push buttons look just the ones I've seen on the US 1200 series stuff(large circular)? Was there some connection between US elevator and Amtech/Reliable?
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: Amtech/Reliable GE/Fanuc Koyo controller - 06/22/13 06:39 AM

I don't believe the Omega timer boards were interchangeable with U.S. equipment, but some one here may know a heckovalot more about it than me, however, the round push buttons were used by both (although the Reliable button was a bit stoutier than the U.S. design). But to answer your last question..."YEP" there is/was a connection between Reliable and U.S.Elevator but I'll leave that also to the local historians here.
© 2024 Elevator Forum