Home

Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work

Posted By: elevatedone

Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 04/17/13 05:10 AM

So,what is the death toll this year?
Anyone know?

I do,but I want to hear from you guys what you know or think you know.
Posted By: Broke_Sheave

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 04/17/13 02:37 PM

Worlwide, Noth America, or USA?
Posted By: burotto

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 04/23/13 02:15 AM

Terrible thing
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 04/29/13 12:19 AM

Well???
Posted By: Oleeightball

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 04/30/13 04:45 AM

I've heard of three, all major companies, be careful, watch out for yourself and for your
Brothers and sisters. The companies are taking away the time to work safe. The shortcut you take could cost a life, it's not worth it. Peace
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 04/30/13 08:28 PM

Amen to that!
Posted By: Len

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 05/19/13 07:36 PM

...Yes the Big three preach a good story,But you would be surprised how things change in order to save/make money..
Posted By: Robert Krieger

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 05/29/13 03:29 AM

The story underscores the need and in some cases requirement for properly trained "elevator personnel"
http://elevatortoday.com/2013/04/27/missed-safety-step/

Respectfully,
Robert L Krieger Jr.
Posted By: elevatedone

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 06/10/13 05:13 AM

Thank you . I personally don't really know,I just wanted to draw attention to what is going on.
Overworked union brothers making grave mistakes.
Your safety is on you.Screw the company.
Posted By: Oleeightball

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 07/06/13 04:33 PM

Fatal elevator accidents are rare. In 2011, there were just 38 deaths related to elevators in the United States, according to the Department of Labor Statistics. Three of those fatalities were in Florida.

GUYS AND GALS ANY DEATH IS TOO MANY....
BE SAFE, THINK SAFE, WORK SAFE.
Posted By: kiwinightstalker

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 07/07/13 10:58 AM

why is it people take shortcuts.....the companies WANT us to work to their rules so why doesnt everyone do it and if it takes 20 mins more than allocated to the job to get your safety gear out and use it...THEN DO IT.....I Know it can be a REAL pain to find out you need your harness (etc etc) and have to walk back to your car...but why should we compromise OUR safety and make things LOOK better for the company.....Oh thats right if your KPIs are good you might get a pay rise...what a joke!!!!
Posted By: elmcannic

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 07/09/13 04:12 AM

Yeah it can be, but what's the "KPI" you're referring to? And pay raises tied to adherence to company safety procedures? Who get's that?
Posted By: kiwinightstalker

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 07/09/13 12:05 PM

KPIs are Key Performance Indicators....ie the time taken to do maintenance tasks (and whether you complete them in "time") + how many callbacks etc etc!!!
OK so maybe the KPIs are not that relevant to the humble tech...but they sure are to your supervisors/managers for their pay rises/bonuses
Posted By: mustang

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 07/25/13 12:16 AM

The big 3 can really put the pressure on when it come to time they have everyone scared for their jobs to many people are working for free and working unsafe they can't fire all of us so stand up for yourself
Posted By: traction

Re: Number of Deaths In the USA 2013 For Elevator Work - 07/31/13 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: mustang
The big 3 can really put the pressure on when it come to time they have everyone scared for their jobs to many people are working for free and working unsafe they can't fire all of us so stand up for yourself

Amen to that.
© 2024 Elevator Forum