Home

2 brothers in one week

Posted By: danzeitz

2 brothers in one week - 06/17/13 10:49 PM

frown Another brother lost in the same week. This brother was from DC and was also 63 years old. Please pray for his family
Posted By: Ex BMU Tech

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 06/18/13 08:45 AM

will pray for his family!

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 06/18/13 08:14 PM

To lose 2 men in one week with a combined time in the trade of 76 years....Think safety all the time no one is immune.
Posted By: jkh

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 06/23/13 12:43 PM

Last week I met with a friend. We have 65 - 70 years (27 for me) in the trenches between us.

We were speaking about these recent loses. He shared with me that 5 out of the last 8 deaths worked for Schindler? Is this correct?
Posted By: E-man

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 06/24/13 11:15 PM

I'm pretty sure that is correct.

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 06/25/13 12:21 PM

Yes that's right!!!!!!
Posted By: jkh

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 06/27/13 01:26 AM

Wow!

Please every day take a moment to identify the risk you are taking in each task you perform. We work hard in the hope to improve our quality of life. Lets do everything we can every day to have a long and memorable one.
Posted By: Oleeightball

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 07/06/13 04:26 PM

Where is the safety in a 15 minute exam time they want you to do.
Schindler ( safety my ass)

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 08/02/13 03:12 PM

15 minute exam time. Crazy fast install times. laying off repair crews. No helpers in maintenance to learn how to do it right. The number of deaths in our industry are only going to rise.
Posted By: E311

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 08/03/13 03:54 AM

I hate to think you're right, but we all know its coming....
Posted By: E-man

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 08/09/13 12:51 AM

Used to be 50-60 units was a good size route. Now guys have 100-200 units, run calls constantly, no maintenance, put fires out and help "the" repair guy (no more crews). It's no wonder. Just think about it, back the day you very rarely ever heard about an elevator man getting killed on the job.

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 08/09/13 11:29 AM

Yea, and we are looking at the biggest brain drain in the history of our industry over the next 10 years. If guys were not already hanging in past the 58 year old mark we would be feeling it more already. But with the cost of health care guys are hanging in there longer. And I don't know about the rest of you but older is not always better as I find it harder to climb, jump and react. Work Safe!
Posted By: aquadag

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 08/11/13 06:23 PM

As long as the big 4 is doing this and the customers know what is going on, it opens the door for us smaller companies that want to do it right. I can't tell you how many jobs I get that the big four keep dropping the ball on. hooray for office managers that know nothing about the old days

Re: 2 brothers in one week - 08/14/13 01:25 PM

I cant agree more. We went from a 3 man shop in 1999 to 60 field guys in 2 cities. Our routes run about 110 hours of maintenance a month. We use a crew to safety test and it does not count as a monthly visit. The least amount of maintenance visit is 1 hour a month 12 times a year. Repair crews...service adjuster...OLD SCHOOL.... and the customers love us while the big guys have full time people trying to retain customers we have a 99.99 retention rate. If it wasn't for building being sold we wouldn't lose anybody......
© 2024 Elevator Forum