Home

Jumpers

Posted By: Administrator

Jumpers - 09/30/09 05:46 AM

When carrying jumpers in your tool bag you should always have a fixed number of jumpers so you don't accidently leave something jumped out. You can order a jumper bag from Unitech that has 3 labeled jumpers.
Posted By: Elevatorman_1

Re: Jumpers - 11/15/09 11:30 AM

Wurtec has them also...

Re: Jumpers - 11/15/09 04:49 PM

Speaking of Wurtec, have you tried the tool that measures the car weight by the tension on each rope? It works well and is very accurate. No more rigging, you can literally weigh a car or counterweight in 15 minutes. Also, we use it to calibrate equal rope tension. I's a little pricey but worth the money if you do a lot of that work.
Posted By: Dave Cooper

Re: Jumpers - 11/16/09 07:57 AM

[quote=Lift-Tech]Speaking of Wurtec, have you tried the tool that measures the car weight by the tension on each rope? It works well and is very accurate. No more rigging, you can literally weigh a car or counterweight in 15 minutes. Also, we use it to calibrate equal rope tension. I's a little pricey but worth the money if you do a lot of that work. [/quote]

How do you allow for rope mass when you use this tool?

Re: Jumpers - 11/17/09 03:06 AM

Hey Dave, I will usually measure the car or counterweight about 3 or 4 feet above the shackles at mid-hoistway. You will need to approximate the weight of the ropes in between but it should be marginal to the device being weighed. We typically use the tool to establish balance car or help customers with figuring out what they can do with their cab interiors.
Posted By: danzeitz

Re: Jumpers - 01/19/10 03:11 PM

Hello my name is Dan Zeitz and I am a 30 year man out of local 3 St.Louis, Please look at Wurtecs new time out jumper. This was my invention that I partnered up with Wurtec on. I am trying to get the word spread on this new safety device as it will surely save lives and prevent injurys. please let me know your thoughts on my idea.

Re: Jumpers - 01/20/10 05:48 AM

Hey Dan, this is a very good idea. I can definately see this catching on. The $79.00 price point is a little steep for the small companies but I'm sure the big companies with deep pockets can afford them. Good job with this innovative product!

Re: Jumpers - 01/20/10 07:42 PM

Thank you, Hopefully the price can come down when one of the major companys makes a large order. Everybody wins and we are all a little bit safer.

Re: Jumpers - 02/04/10 07:55 PM

If you get a chance check the December issue Elevator World for Great Idea why didnt I think of that.
Posted By: Elevatorman_1

Re: Jumpers - 02/07/10 06:33 PM

$79.00 is cheap when it comes to life safety... those jumpers are rated for 1000 VAC/DC...

sure as hell beat the homemade alligator clip jobbies...

Re: Jumpers - 02/08/10 01:59 PM

They are also rated to 8amp and that is why they are that size. (about the size of an older pager) But they will handel 99% of the circutes I see in the elevator buisness. A much smaller version (about the size of a thumb drive)could be made but would only be good for about 3 amps. Witch would cover most of the newer stuff but not the older relay logic.
Posted By: Mountainlifter

Re: Jumpers - 02/22/10 12:26 PM

Good to see you actually got it to market thank you.

Re: Jumpers - 02/22/10 08:00 PM

Take a look on Elevator Worlds message board about MARTA and what went on there with improper use of jumpers.

Re: Jumpers - 03/04/10 07:07 PM

Hey guys, check out Elevator radio show podcast 3-3-2010

Re: Jumpers - 04/29/10 03:41 PM

Has anyone heard if MARTA released their findings at 30 day as promised?
© 2024 Elevator Forum