Home

NYC Load Weighing Device NEW CODE

Posted By: KSNY

NYC Load Weighing Device NEW CODE - 09/12/18 03:08 PM

I received a letter (from ECNY) saying that NYC passenger and Freight elevators will be required to have a load weighting device by 9/28/2018.

Section 2.16 "Capacity and loading"

2.16.10 "Detection if Overload on passenger elevators and freight elevators permitted by 2.16.4 to carry passengers"
it states:
"passenger elevators and freight elevators permitted by 2.16.4 to carry passengers must be designed with the means to detect if the load exceeds the rated capacity of the elevator. If an overload is detected, the elevator doors must reopen and remain open and a voice notification and visual signal must indicate that the car is over loaded."

Is this needed for all elevators? Hydro and Traction? is this an actual new code?
Posted By: john jay

Re: NYC Load Weighing Device NEW CODE - 09/14/18 09:31 PM

A17.1-2016 is the last code book out for elevators. The section on loading A17.1-2016-2.16 stops at 2.16.9; I don't know if NYC has a different code. That said it is almost impossible to add load weighing even the old analog load weighing in 2 weeks.
Posted By: KSNY

Re: NYC Load Weighing Device NEW CODE - 09/18/18 07:13 PM

This is only for new/mod elevators. I have confirmed that NYC DOB will be putting this into affect on 9/29//2018.

Now I just need to know if this is for all elevators for just traction.
© 2024 Elevator Forum