Home

elastomeric coated steel suspension belts

Posted By: bryanb

elastomeric coated steel suspension belts - 09/08/22 02:50 AM

I though I read somewhere that cat 5 testing of elastomeric coated steel cables involved ultrasonic or something. Is this true? and if so, where does it say that ....

Thanks
Posted By: EElevator

Re: elastomeric coated steel suspension belts - 12/02/22 03:45 AM

Have you looked in the a17.6?
Posted By: M2RE

Re: elastomeric coated steel suspension belts - 12/29/22 07:42 PM

Are you talking about resistance test? I will dig on that
Posted By: EElevator

Re: elastomeric coated steel suspension belts - 01/06/23 08:37 PM

Rereading this, my best suggestion is proceed with the inspection and if the inspector wants some sort of test done such as ultrasonic something or nother the great part is the burden to show the test is necessary is on him. Meaning he has to say hey Joe it's code xxxxxx from code book xxxxx that I'm writing up and then he has to reference that code for that specific violation on his report. Inspectors can't just make stuff up. The inspectors themselves are also great resources. Call a couple that you have a good relationship with and ask them. They will know or if they don't some don't mind looking it up to get you an answer.

Around here the only monitoring on belts is the pulse units that monitor the resistance in the pairs of cords in each belt and will flash a fault code our if there's an alarm. The inspector will look at it when he's on the cartop and if all the belts are flashing once, your good.
© 2024 Elevator Forum