Home

QEI Certification Test

Posted By: bayblue

QEI Certification Test - 09/03/13 05:57 PM

Has anyone here recently taken the QEI Certification test? (within 5 years or so)

Working on getting my certificate and was curious about a few of the testing details.

I've been studying all of the required books and have much more studying to do, but I was more or so curious on the test format.

Is it a written test or is it taken on a computer?

Multiple choice format or more short answer/fill in the blank etc..

I'm under the impression it's open book although most of the the material would need to be studied and retained before the actual exam to pass. Not trying to take short cuts or or poke my nose where it doesn't belong, just trying to prepare myself for the exam and having a grasp on the testing procedure would allow me to study in a more formal and direct fashion.

If anyone has any tips or basic knowledge on the testing procedure I would greatly appreciate it.

I would also appreciate direct responses only. It seems lately the threads on this site are constantly getting hijacked with useless bickering and information that doesn't help the original poster. I want my QEI cert because I want it. Nothing more nothing less. The inspector I've been working with took the test long ago so his insight was helpful although not up to date. I would Appreciate any insight on how to better prepare myself for the test. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Robert Krieger

Re: QEI Certification Test - 09/04/13 02:16 AM

Sent you a personal message.
Don't sweat how the test will be given. The questions and requirements are the same.

Study, Study, Study.
The questions they ask come directly from the books they have listed as being part of the test.

Respectfully,

Robert L Krieger Jr.
Posted By: john jay

Re: QEI Certification Test - 09/04/13 06:56 PM

I took the test 3 yrs. ago through the EIWPF, at the IUEC Headquarters. They had a very informative and professional staff administering the test. We were there for 5 days studying and going over the A17.1 and other related code books, on the last day we took an 8 hour test using code books at a computer station. At this time I have heard that you have to have 5 years in the elevator Industry to take the test, I don't know if that's a fact for sure. Not everyone in our class passed the test, so it is not a gimmie.
© 2024 Elevator Forum