Home

Interview ranking

Posted By: Daniel Quezada

Interview ranking - 11/09/16 02:08 AM

Hello everyone. I just received my email from the IUEC with my interview ranking . My currently ranked number is 25. The email explained that this pool list is good for 2 years. Do I have a good chance of getting hired or not really? Thanks for your input in advance fellas.
Posted By: UnionSprky

Re: Interview ranking - 11/09/16 02:42 AM

Los Angeles? Im no insider but I'm thinking that is a great number.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/09/16 03:11 AM

Yes sir Los Angeles

Re: Interview ranking - 11/09/16 05:11 AM

You should be golden
Posted By: Joe45

Re: Interview ranking - 11/09/16 07:42 AM

Get ready for that call you should be getting it soon. I still haven't got him number yet. Hopefully its nothing crazy.
Posted By: Eman310

Re: Interview ranking - 11/09/16 04:03 PM

That sounds like a good number to me Joe.. Good job 👍🏽👌🏽... When was your interview? I haven't received my results yet.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/09/16 04:20 PM

I received my results yesterday in an email. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder.
Posted By: hog451

Re: Interview ranking - 11/09/16 04:25 PM

I was ranked 16 in Richmond; I haven't been called yet. But using a metric I created, your ranking in LA would translate to a #1 or #2 where I am ranked. (This metric is based off the size of the union and the relative ranking (Union1/rank1)=(Union2/rank2). It is very basic and there is more to getting called, but you should be working well before me.

Hawaii for example went through 61 on their list after two years and that could be construed 2.5 candidates called a month for them which is a much much smaller union (215 members in 2014) roughly 10% of Local 18. However, Local 18 has other offices (Las Vegas, San Diego etc) and these offices might have their own lists which would reduce the jobs available and increase your waiting time, regardless, 25 is a very good ranking.

If you have not received an email it may be bad news. You probably didn't get ranked and failed the interview process. I know this from personal experience.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/09/16 05:05 PM

@hog451 thanks. Appreciate the feedback brother

Re: Interview ranking - 11/09/16 11:22 PM

I spoke to the lady at the Los Angeles apprenticeship office. I also ranked very high on the list and she said there is definitely a need for bodies. She said she couldn't guarantee it but to expect a call very soon. I'll keep you guys updated if I hear anything else or if I get any more info.
Posted By: 96817

Re: Interview ranking - 11/10/16 06:14 AM

Ranked 26 on the list out here in Hawaii, list came out on July 5th of this year. 15 people have gone so far. List is competitive out here 🔥
Posted By: SRiley

Re: Interview ranking - 11/11/16 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Daniel Quezada
Hello everyone. I just received my email from the IUEC with my interview ranking . My currently ranked number is 25. The email explained that this pool list is good for 2 years. Do I have a good chance of getting hired or not really? Thanks for your input in advance fellas.

Can you do me a favor and post when you get a call? I am #37 and it would be helpful to plan my exit from my current job a little bit.
Posted By: IceeOne

Re: Interview ranking - 11/11/16 08:09 PM

Heads up everyone!

If you haven't received an email yet don't panic.

My friend received an email earlier this week and failed the oral interview.

Another friend who tested before him hasn't heard back yet.

I tested on the last day. Hoping all goes well.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/12/16 08:02 PM

Hey Ice, thanks for the info... When did your friend interview? I'm going on my third week and haven't received my results.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/13/16 04:15 AM

What up Eman! If I'm correct the interviews were held in ABC order. Just like the written exam.

My friend that tested first has the last name B and hasn't heard back. He tested on the 25th or 26th of October if I'm correct.

My other friend has the last name H and tested around the 28th of October. However, he received an email that he failed the exam early last week.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/14/16 06:05 AM

I will let you know buddy.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/14/16 04:16 PM

Just got off the phone with the Pasadena office.

They are slammed and told me they are reviewing over 800 apps.

She mentioned it could take up to 3-4 weeks before we hear back from them via email.

So just be patient and best of luck.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/15/16 05:18 AM

I don't get it. I heard the same thing but how are they still going over apps if they already sent some emails out and ppl are already getting called in.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/15/16 06:09 AM

How do you know people are getting called in already?

Re: Interview ranking - 11/15/16 09:07 AM

there is someone on the on this thread that just got called in and I heard there are a couple of companies that are getting new hires
Posted By: mrknownothing

Re: Interview ranking - 11/15/16 02:48 PM

If you get called please post here as I am also high on the list and it would be helpful to get a heads up and know when they are actually calling the top of the list. Thanks guys.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/15/16 03:31 PM

What's your number buddy???

Re: Interview ranking - 11/15/16 05:11 PM

I am #32. Just wanna get an idea s to when the calls start going out. The rumor mill has already been in full affect though.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/15/16 05:33 PM

What's the rumor mill?

Re: Interview ranking - 11/17/16 11:58 PM

So I just got off the phone with the Pasadena office.

She told me that they are sending emails to everyone who failed first.

So if you haven't heard back it's a good thing.

The strange part is that there are candidates within this forum who have already received a passing score and ranking.

Not sure what the heck is going on. Lol

Re: Interview ranking - 11/18/16 06:04 AM

I am hearing from friends that they are into the mid 20's. Maybe Daniel will be confirming soon?

Re: Interview ranking - 11/18/16 06:39 AM

Haven't heard anything yet buddy, will do when I get called.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/18/16 08:29 AM

Guess my interview didn't go as well as I thought I'm ranked at 297 lol

Re: Interview ranking - 11/18/16 07:53 PM

Got the call this morning . I was ranked at 25 on the list. Just FYI for those waiting on a call. Signing paperwork on Monday morning.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/18/16 09:28 PM

Got the call this morning . I was ranked at 25 on the list. Just FYI for those waiting on a call. Signing paperwork on Monday morning.

Congrats. What Company?

Re: Interview ranking - 11/19/16 04:50 AM

They didn't tell me over the phone, will probably find out Monday.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/21/16 02:05 PM

Congrats Daniel!!! Let us know which company bud. Guess 32 will be up soon. They butterflies are stirring.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/21/16 02:55 PM

Does anyone know the maximum of candidates that the Union will hire out of the 900+ candidates?

I know they need Apprentices really bad, but can't see them hiring 500 candidates over the next 2 years. I hope I'm wrong.
Posted By: dotpwnd

Re: Interview ranking - 11/21/16 04:22 PM

mrknownothing, hope you get the call soon. please update us when you do get the call, it helps to know the frequency of these calls.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/21/16 06:12 PM

Me and 5 other guys got hired to work for Otis Elevator. Ranking numbers 23-28. I was #25 So 29 + should be getting a call really soon !

Re: Interview ranking - 11/21/16 09:52 PM

Me and 5 other guys got hired to work for Otis Elevator. Ranking numbers 23-28. I was #25 So 29 + should be getting a call really soon !

That's awesome! Otis is a good place to work. Let the rail stacking begin guys! Good Luck and be safe!

Re: Interview ranking - 11/21/16 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: dotpwnd
mrknownothing, hope you get the call soon. please update us when you do get the call, it helps to know the frequency of these calls.

I will definitely be letting you guys know. Sounds like it will be next week from the looks of things.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/22/16 06:27 AM

700 hundred candidates passed the Oral exam with a ranking.

We got 2 years to get picked from the list.

If Las Vegas and San Diego need people they will pull from the LA list.

Good luck everyone!

Re: Interview ranking - 11/22/16 08:48 AM

Vegas & SD has its own list. The new one started a couple months ago.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/22/16 03:18 PM

That's what I thought. But my friend talked to someone within the Union and they mentioned once Las Vegas and SD go through their own list they can pull from LA list.

I have no clue how many candidates are on Las Vegas and SD list.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/22/16 04:58 PM

My understanding is Las Vegas has a list of their own, and LA/SD share the same list. I don't know how many made it on any list.
Posted By: Oreo213

Re: Interview ranking - 11/22/16 08:30 PM

So is it safe to say that if your ranking number is in the top 100 you might get called out ?

Re: Interview ranking - 11/23/16 04:32 AM

I honestly think if your in the top 200 to 300 you have a great chance.

Considering they just hired 28 guys off the list. Tons of work all over LA. Rams stadium coming in as well. So much work out there.

My friend who is an Elevator Mechanic told me they need people bad.

He said it took an entire year for him to get hired. So just be patient as the list is good for 2 years.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/23/16 06:01 AM

yes, just not next week. In fact, everyone should eventually get called.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/23/16 04:07 PM

I sure hope so. I'm in the 70's , hopefully I get a call within the next six months. Looks like they are going down the list pretty quick. I don't really know how much hiring these companies do over the holidays. Maybe I'll pick up after the new year.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/23/16 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Oreo213
I sure hope so. I'm in the 70's , hopefully I get a call within the next six months. Looks like they are going down the list pretty quick. I don't really know how much hiring these companies do over the holidays. Maybe I'll pick up after the new year.

Last update on here was 28 and we just hired one today. it should get up there pretty quick.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/24/16 12:34 AM

70 is a great ranking man.

My buddy got ranked 520, but has no experience whatsoever.

It will be a miracle if they call him.

Hope Hog451 is correct and everyone is eventually called.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/24/16 06:52 AM

@Oreo213 yeah 70 is good should be getting called in soon. @iceeOne my buddy was 475 on the last list and got called in.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/24/16 03:05 PM

Hey Joe, how long did it take for your buddy to get called in? I ranked 442 on this list😬

Re: Interview ranking - 11/24/16 03:46 PM

I'll let you guys know if I hear anything. I'll post it up as soon as I get the call. That way you guys can get an idea of how fast the list is moving. Good luck to everyone.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/24/16 03:47 PM

Happy thanksgiving to everyone in this forum !!!!!

Re: Interview ranking - 11/24/16 09:51 PM

Hello Joe,

Is your friend who was 475 get called from the LA list that everyone just tested from?

Thanks

Re: Interview ranking - 11/25/16 04:18 AM

@Eman310 it took him almost 2 years, but there is more demand for new hires and more upcoming projects this list from what I hear. So hopefully you will get in sooner. @IceeOne no it was from the list that just closed. Also I heard there is a company that has a project coming up soon that has over 40 elevators and they will be calling a lot of ppl from the list.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/16 07:45 PM

Anyone know what number they are at right now ?

Re: Interview ranking - 11/28/16 05:31 PM

Last we heard was 28, doubt they would have called ppl last week due to the holiday. Hope they continue this week, if not next week.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/28/16 05:53 PM

@dotpwnd Thanks , I think you are right. I wonder how many people will be called for December. One more thing, do elevator companies require you to wear steel toe boots?

Re: Interview ranking - 11/28/16 06:09 PM

I heard different thing about foot protection. The company will tell you what they require because from my understanding some do not want steal toe boots. It might depend on the assignment you get assigned.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/28/16 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Oreo213
@dotpwnd Thanks , I think you are right. I wonder how many people will be called for December. One more thing, do elevator companies require you to wear steel toe boots?

I have worked at 2 separate companies in Southern California and both require steel toe boots. There are other choices that I have see mechanics take advantage of such as steel toe skate type shoes and what not but even in the shop we were required to wear steel toe boots due to the type of equipment we deal with loading and unloading. Some companies may be going over to composite toe boots because of electrical hazards but as far as I know steel toes are the norm.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/28/16 10:32 PM

Sounds like I gots to get me a pair of steel toe boots. Thank you very much for the information.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/29/16 12:22 AM

Hey Oreo , I got hired last week. Steel toe boots are required. I was told at the apprenticeship and at the Otis office. I was kinda bummed at first because I was use to the redwings for the past 5 years doing ironwork. But I tried the thorogoods with the steel toe and they are very comfortable FYI.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/29/16 06:13 PM

Thanks Daniel !!! I like Red Wings as well. Thanks for starting this thread, I've received very helpful information. Good luck with your new company. I hope I get called sometime in the next six months. I'm in the 70's. It might take some time to get to my number.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/30/16 02:30 AM

I will be shocked if they take more than 2 months to contact you Oreo.

The demand is high at the moment.

Best of luck.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/30/16 02:45 AM

Thanks IceeOne !!!!! I sure hope so. Best of luck to you as well. 😃

Re: Interview ranking - 12/01/16 05:25 PM

List just hit 37. I got my call this morning. They would not tell me which company called.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/01/16 05:45 PM

Congrats! Hope to get my call soon too.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/01/16 06:49 PM

Wow!!!! Congratulations SRiley. The list is moving quickly. Let us know which company.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/01/16 08:35 PM

#32 and will start at Otis tomorrow. They are up to #38. Whoever he is will be coming to Specialized.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/02/16 05:07 AM

Awesome fellas! Best of luck.

Keep this list moving along.

Tons of construction in downtown LA, Rams Stadium, and the new Hawthorne mall.

More cranes more work! =)

Re: Interview ranking - 12/02/16 06:37 PM

I'm going to Otis. 3 more guys getting the call on Monday from what I heard? That would take the list up to 41

Re: Interview ranking - 12/12/16 06:11 PM

Does anyone know how far down the list they are at right now ?

Re: Interview ranking - 12/17/16 02:55 PM

Last I heard it was at 40. Go figure we will probably not see any movement until after the new year, companies are prolly getting ready to close their books.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/29/16 05:45 AM

One of my friends got this info for me off the recent union newsletter, "We have over 2,200 members working in our trade, with over 200 being probationary apprentices. During this past year we completed a massive undertaking and finished the hiring list that will carry us through the next two years. Our local has hired over 500 people this year and we have already started hiring from our recent recruitments."

So with that being said, I'm praying that in the next two years they do exactly the same. My friend said there are a lot of high rises being built in LA and the Rams stadium in Inglewood is another huge plus.

Lets all hang in there and hope we get the call in the next two years.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Posted By: SamyDaBul

Re: Interview ranking - 12/30/16 10:02 PM

IUEC 133 Austin: does anyone know if they stared calling people. Ranked 12th received email on the 10th of this month

Re: Interview ranking - 12/31/16 03:13 AM

Just call in and ask what number they are on.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/31/16 06:46 AM

What they say Joe45 ?

Re: Interview ranking - 12/31/16 12:04 PM

No, I was telling @SamyDaBul to just contact his local and ask where they are on the list. I did call for the LA list last week but nobody picked up. If you call the Pasadena office the recording gives you a number to call for any inquires in regards to the LA apprenticeship hiring list.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/31/16 03:15 PM

Thank man but I don't want to be "that guy" Austin is small and don't want to get on thier nerves before I get there.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/31/16 09:38 PM

@Joe45: have you tested this theory? because I have called pasadena and a few other offices and they all tell me that they are not allowed to disclose that information. It might have been that way a while back, but not anymore...

Re: Interview ranking - 01/01/17 09:22 PM

Same here, I've called the Pasadena office as well. They also told me that they are not allowed to give that information. If I had to guess, I would think that they are somewhere in the 50's. That's just my guess, no way to verify.
Posted By: HeardThatInd

Re: Interview ranking - 01/01/17 10:56 PM

Any movement on vegas list?

Re: Interview ranking - 01/03/17 12:35 AM

Region 9 - Southern California
Dale D. Birdwell
Locals:18
PO Box 91870
Pasadena, CA 91109
Office: (626) 798-0070
Fax: (626) 798-7660
Email: dbirdwell@neiep.org

This is who we need to contact for the LA list.

Re: Interview ranking - 01/03/17 05:39 AM

I'm sure you mean well but don't call the NEIEP guys, they make the lists; the locals use the lists, call the Local office.

IUEC Local Directory

Re: Interview ranking - 01/03/17 07:52 AM

I called Larry to see what the Vegas list looks like and he gave me the number they were at.

Re: Interview ranking - 01/03/17 07:11 PM

????
Posted By: HeardThatInd

Re: Interview ranking - 01/05/17 02:59 AM

What number was it at?

Re: Interview ranking - 01/05/17 07:29 AM

It was before the last notification we got that they are on 6

Re: Interview ranking - 01/09/17 08:02 PM

Los Angeles get ready they are for sure in the 50s now.

Re: Interview ranking - 01/09/17 09:51 PM

They just called in #49 on the LA list last Friday.

Re: Interview ranking - 01/10/17 07:53 AM

Nice !!!!!! Sounds good. Thanks Joe45. Keep that list moving.

Re: Interview ranking - 01/13/17 07:49 PM

Any word on what number they are at in the LA list ?
Posted By: ss2112

Re: Interview ranking - 01/14/17 04:33 AM

Anyone hear about Austin, TX????

Re: Interview ranking - 01/17/17 01:41 AM

What you rank I'm 12.
Posted By: Joel

Re: Interview ranking - 01/17/17 10:58 PM

Hey new to the forum, I interviewed for LA but didn't make the list. I also applied for SF anyone do the same?
Posted By: Eros

Re: Interview ranking - 01/19/17 06:08 AM

hows it going.. i signed up for the SF one.. haven't gotten an email yet.. have you?

Re: Interview ranking - 01/19/17 06:09 PM

Any word on what number they are at in the Los Angeles list ?
Posted By: Afois

Re: Interview ranking - 01/19/17 10:45 PM

No I haven't heard anything. I'm ranked 78 on the la list. All my buddies in the trade haven't heard anything either. It's like a big secret. Let me know when they call your number please if you are higher in the rankings then me. Thanks

Re: Interview ranking - 01/20/17 03:51 AM

I'll let you know. I'm 73. Last thing I heard was that they are in the 50's
Posted By: Joel

Re: Interview ranking - 01/24/17 09:35 AM

Nothing yet.

Re: Interview ranking - 01/31/17 11:48 PM

Does anyone know what number they are at in the LA list ?

Re: Interview ranking - 02/01/17 01:41 AM

I just talked to my buddy in the trade and he said he heard from another helper that they are on number 60. That hasn't been confirmed could just be rumor. Sorry bud thats all I got.

Re: Interview ranking - 02/01/17 12:08 PM

Thanks for the info @Afois. I hope they are in the 60's.
Posted By: Dirty

Re: Interview ranking - 02/02/17 03:09 PM

Hello! Have my aptitude test scheduled at the end of the month for Local 19. I've enjoyed reading your guys info. Good luck to all those who are currently waiting!

Re: Interview ranking - 02/02/17 08:10 PM

Just got word the LA list is on #70
Posted By: JessyV

Re: Interview ranking - 02/03/17 01:42 AM

I'm #282 on the LA list... does anyone know if they'll even get that deep into the list? I know nobody knows for sure, but I'll take opinions or rumors if someone has that. I, like many other people here will take any input. Thanks

Re: Interview ranking - 02/03/17 02:22 AM

Thanks appreciate the heads up!

Re: Interview ranking - 02/03/17 02:24 AM

282 is not a bad number and from what I know about the last list you should def get a call. Last list I think was 500 and they went through the whole list and that list I think was from 2014 don't quote me on that but I think you are good just hang in there.

Re: Interview ranking - 02/03/17 02:25 AM

Over 500 ppl got called in on the last list.

Re: Interview ranking - 02/09/17 09:48 PM

Got the call. The list just hit #73.

Re: Interview ranking - 02/09/17 11:12 PM

Awesome man congrats! I'm sure I will probably see you around, or who knows I might get picked up by the same company as you. Who are you going to be working for???

Re: Interview ranking - 02/10/17 01:02 AM

Thanks. I'll find out tomorrow. I'll let you know

Re: Interview ranking - 02/10/17 08:29 AM

Congrats bro

Re: Interview ranking - 02/10/17 07:28 PM

So from about the time most of us interviewed until today, which is about 2 months and 20 days, they have hired 73 apprentices.

If they get to about 280 within the year that would be great news for everyone. And would definitely give hope to the people who were ranked really high.

Keep it going!

Re: Interview ranking - 02/18/17 05:52 AM

Heard a lot of jobs are finishing up in the LA area. Right now there are a lot of helpers that will be sent back to the bench and will be called first when new jobs open up, so the hiring from the list will probably be a little slow for the next couple of months. Also, Otis got the contract for the rams stadium.
Posted By: Erok

Re: Interview ranking - 02/18/17 05:49 PM

Darn and the list was moving so quickly too. I'm 150. Hopefully I'll get a call within the next 6 months! Can anyone describe the process once you receive the call?
Posted By: Racer84

Re: Interview ranking - 02/18/17 09:03 PM

Hey everyone new here Just wanting to see if anybody had any advice or tips for me I go and take my exam for the local 3 in Evansville Indiana on February 22nd and just looking for some pointers any answers or replies would be very much appreciated

Re: Interview ranking - 02/24/17 03:53 AM

I got the call today to report to the union hall tomorrow. I was ranked 78 on the LA list. Good luck everyone the list is still moving.

Re: Interview ranking - 02/24/17 03:27 PM

Do you know which company/where you'll be working yet?

Re: Interview ranking - 02/25/17 01:16 PM

I am working for Caliber and I start Monday morning. I will find out where on Sunday.

Re: Interview ranking - 02/28/17 02:18 AM

Awesome. Thanks for following up
Posted By: Dirty

Re: Interview ranking - 02/28/17 03:25 AM

Just took the aptitude test...the timed aspect on the math made me stressed a bit..hope I passed!

Re: Interview ranking - 02/28/17 05:58 PM

That was the most difficult part of the test. Took me til the last second. Good luck

Re: Interview ranking - 03/07/17 09:20 PM

Anyone else get the call?

Re: Interview ranking - 03/08/17 06:38 AM

Heard the LA List is in the 90's

Re: Interview ranking - 03/12/17 03:31 AM

Do they give you a choice if you can give your current job a 2 week notice or any notice? Or do you gotta show up the next work day?
Posted By: skilledbutcher73

Re: Interview ranking - 03/13/17 03:33 AM

you just have to show up that day

Re: Interview ranking - 03/13/17 07:08 AM

When they call you, you are truely hired 100%?

Re: Interview ranking - 03/13/17 12:34 PM

I gave my six hour notice to my 10+ year employer.
Posted By: JustWolf

Re: Interview ranking - 03/13/17 01:15 PM

When I got the call in 85. I was told to drop off the company car, go home, change clothes, and come back to the office for my assignment. On the clock the whole time. Yep it will happen that fast. Good Luck. Work safe.

Re: Interview ranking - 03/13/17 06:10 PM

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback

Re: Interview ranking - 03/23/17 03:32 AM

Anyone heard anything? 😬

Re: Interview ranking - 03/23/17 07:40 AM

Not for the LA list. Is anyone ranked in the 100's ??

Re: Interview ranking - 03/23/17 01:35 PM

I'm 150

Re: Interview ranking - 03/30/17 11:42 PM

Just curiosity, when they set a date for your interview do they sort it out by alphabetical order or by your mathematical/aptitude test score
Posted By: ElecTech

Re: Interview ranking - 03/31/17 12:31 AM

What does your last name start with if you don't mind me asking?

Re: Interview ranking - 03/31/17 04:32 AM

Gutierrez
Posted By: westcoast

Re: Interview ranking - 03/31/17 11:46 PM

Hey has anybody interviewed for the Local 8 yet?

Re: Interview ranking - 04/01/17 08:33 PM

I did

Re: Interview ranking - 04/02/17 03:34 AM

I did mine the 8th of March, my last name starts with a k. They probably have a different way of scheduling the interviews. Doesn't matter in the end. They won't be done for a while. We'll get our results in early may.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/02/17 04:59 AM

For local 8? Wow they must not be interviewing everyday then because one of the gentlemen said it was their 8th day interviewing and I had mine on the 29th

Re: Interview ranking - 04/02/17 05:01 AM

Okay so they're probably going by score
Posted By: Zakk

Re: Interview ranking - 04/02/17 06:13 PM

I interviewed on March 21st. Last name starts with A.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/02/17 08:12 PM

Yes local 8. And they are getting people from both sides of the trade to come together for these interviews and I'm sure there are at least 500 of them to do. Spacing them out would probably mean they are paying better attention to each candidate anyway. You just get used to waiting on this side of the fence.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/02/17 10:10 PM

Good luck everybody! I interivew in a week and a half.

How long was the interview?

What kind of questions did they ask?
Posted By: blakjak

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/17 05:08 PM

Just finished my interview last week and got my ranking today. Out of respect for what I've gathered for this industry so far in terms of privacy for the system I'll just say that they're basic interview questions, or at least mine were for my group. There were seven questions and they were the same general questions you'll find in any Google search about common job interview questions. Don't sweat it and answer the way you think the employer would want an employee to answer. (e.g what comes first; work or family? Obviously the answer is the job comes first but seeing as you're an adult with capable planning abilities you can schedule things in advance and make sure things are covered both at work and at home.)

Interview lasted about 15 minutes. I wore a suit. Didn't see anyone else in one. Not sure if it made a difference.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/17 05:39 PM

You got your ranking already for local 8?

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/17 06:32 PM

Nooooo, Local 49.
Posted By: jeff24

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/17 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: blakjak
Nooooo, Local 49.

If you don't mind my asking, what'd you get? I interviewed at the 49 as well.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/17 09:26 PM

Just finished my interview last week and got my ranking today. Out of respect for what I've gathered for this industry so far in terms of privacy for the system I'll just say that they're basic interview questions, or at least mine were for my group. There were seven questions and they were the same general questions you'll find in any Google search about common job interview questions. Don't sweat it and answer the way you think the employer would want an employee to answer. (e.g what comes first; work or family? Obviously the answer is the job comes first but seeing as you're an adult with capable planning abilities you can schedule things in advance and make sure things are covered both at work and at home.)

Interview lasted about 15 minutes. I wore a suit. Didn't see anyone else in one. Not sure if it made a difference.

Completely understandable.
I just really want to do well since this is going to be the biggest interview of my life so far and pretty much life changing lol.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/05/17 12:25 AM

Does anyone know what ranking number the LA list is on?

Re: Interview ranking - 04/06/17 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: jeff24
Nooooo, Local 49.

I don't mind. I got number one. In all fairness, I was the old guy in a suit on Thursday morning at 10:00 if you were there then. I've got a lot of experience and military background so I've got a leg up on some of the younger guys. I applied through the NEIEP, drove 1000 miles twice (test and interview), paid for my own hotels, and took my own vacation time on this one too so I'm hoping it pans out by August.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/06/17 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: westcoast

Completely understandable.
I just really want to do well since this is going to be the biggest interview of my life so far and pretty much life changing lol.

I'm sure you'll do great! Knock it out and let us know the good news when you get it!
Posted By: jeff24

Re: Interview ranking - 04/07/17 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: jeff24
Nooooo, Local 49.

I don't mind. I got number one. In all fairness, I was the old guy in a suit on Thursday morning at 10:00 if you were there then. I've got a lot of experience and military background so I've got a leg up on some of the younger guys. I applied through the NEIEP, drove 1000 miles twice (test and interview), paid for my own hotels, and took my own vacation time on this one too so I'm hoping it pans out by August.

Wow. That's awesome, blakjak. Good for you man. I'm guessing you won't be waiting too long.

Wish I'd ranked so high. When I called, the union rep said they'd only hire a VERY small handful from the list. Expects no more than 10 over two years.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/07/17 09:47 PM

Thanks brother! I got the feeling that that most of the hiring is going to be from guys retiring rather than an increase in the workload so the small number makes sense.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/14/17 05:28 PM

Anyone hear anything from local 8 ?

Re: Interview ranking - 04/14/17 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Eros
Anyone hear anything from local 8 ?

They are still conducting interviews, expect to hear back from them in May.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/14/17 09:59 PM

Alright thanks!

Re: Interview ranking - 04/15/17 09:56 PM

Does anyone know what # the LA list is on? Last I heard it was in the 90's

Re: Interview ranking - 04/20/17 02:55 PM

Nope, next union meeting is May 1st. Hopefully I will get an update then.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/22/17 02:56 PM

A friend of mine who works for the Union said the LA list is near the 200's.

I find that hard to believe.

Is there anyone between 100-200 that hasn't been called yet?

Re: Interview ranking - 04/24/17 06:51 AM

I'm 150 and have not received a call
Posted By: Jgonzales

Re: Interview ranking - 04/25/17 07:48 PM

Anyone have an update on the Las Vegas list local 18??

Re: Interview ranking - 04/26/17 08:11 AM

Nope, My buddy is 33. I will let you know when he gets the call. Heard that list is pretty much dead unless they start construction on the new casino or the stadium.
Posted By: Mark32

Re: Interview ranking - 04/29/17 02:33 PM

Anyone on the milwaukee list or have any inight on the area? I don't believe I am ranked high enough to get a call, but I know there are a few big projects downtown. I'm curious how many elevator jobs are created from major procects like the new Bucks stadium or the Northwestern mutual buildings.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/29/17 11:27 PM

Mark,

Usually one elevator = 1 Mechanic and 1 helper. However, that helper can be anything from the apprenticeship or a mechanic that has agreed to be a helper @ 80% rate.

Once an elevator is done they'll move on to another job. The easiest elevator can take from 4 days to 2 weeks to complete.

The building I'm working on has seven elevators with only two crews working. We'll be there until it is finished. Then on to the next job.

This cannot be stated enough, they will hire off the list only as a last resort. If any other guy was laid off they get called before anyone on the list.

Do not compare Locals. LA has roughly 1800 members so yeah, they're at 200 on their list but most locals are roughly 200 members which would mean (everything being equal) that an average local would be on #20. Also, how many guys turn down the job or get run off? LA might be bowing through their list because they can run off anyone and replace them the next day.

Re: Interview ranking - 05/01/17 07:59 PM

Thanks for the information. I guess I had assumed there would be more people involved in the larger projects and that would force some employers hands to call off the list.

Like I said, I am ranked pretty high (in the 70s). So I don't anticipate a call seeing as there are only about 200 in the milwaukee local. I was just curious what impact,if any, the big new buildings had on elevator employment.
Posted By: LaZorChicKen

Re: Interview ranking - 05/01/17 11:40 PM

Any news on the LA list?

Re: Interview ranking - 05/03/17 05:44 AM

A buddy of mine that was #33 on the Vegas list got called today. He turned it down so I know they are at least on #34.
Posted By: G-ses

Re: Interview ranking - 05/04/17 01:49 PM

Any update on the LA list?

Re: Interview ranking - 05/05/17 03:11 AM

Nope, but I heard the bench is empty. Has anyone tried to call the local?

Re: Interview ranking - 05/05/17 03:52 PM

Whats the bench refer to?

Re: Interview ranking - 05/05/17 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: LaZorChicKen
Whats the bench refer to?

Those who have a rank and are waiting to be called are said to be "on the bench". Like sports, sitting on the bench waiting to be called into the game.

Re: Interview ranking - 05/05/17 08:52 PM

Actually the bench is everyone. Mechanics, helpers, apprentices. After they get hired, the business representative will call off the list. You are not on the bench, you are draft picks. Your ranking is your draft position.

Re: Interview ranking - 05/05/17 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: hog451
Actually the bench is everyone. Mechanics, helpers, apprentices. After they get hired, the business representative will call off the list. You are not on the bench, you are draft picks. Your ranking is your draft position.

Oh ok gotcha, I stand corrected.
Posted By: Str8outtasj

Re: Interview ranking - 05/10/17 10:43 PM

lol I'm 24, nice to meet you

Re: Interview ranking - 05/16/17 02:50 PM

Hey Erok have you been called yet?

Re: Interview ranking - 05/16/17 04:24 PM

No not yet smirk

Re: Interview ranking - 05/16/17 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: JessyV
Hey Erok have you been called yet?

They should start calling people Friday!

Re: Interview ranking - 05/16/17 07:22 PM

Are you referring to the local 8 list. I'm not on the local 8 list. I'm on the local 18 list.
Anyone have updates?

Re: Interview ranking - 05/17/17 03:51 AM

I'm on the local 18 list too

Re: Interview ranking - 05/18/17 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Erok
I'm on the local 18 list too

Erok ur 150 on the LA list right?

Re: Interview ranking - 05/18/17 09:23 PM

Yea

Re: Interview ranking - 05/18/17 09:48 PM

For anyone who who's waiting to be called... let's help each other out by posting when we each get called, what number, and from what list we are so we don't have to keep asking over and over again the same question we all want answered lol. I'm sure everyone here wants a constant update, I know I do!
Posted By: G_brown

Re: Interview ranking - 05/24/17 02:44 AM

I'm on the Milwaukee list. I ranked fairly low, no call yet.

Re: Interview ranking - 05/24/17 05:08 AM

Thanks for posting G brown. I hope you get called soon. If you don't mind, post once you do get called. I'm curious if anybody has been called yet.
Posted By: Acesspades

Re: Interview ranking - 05/30/17 10:46 PM

I interviewed for Local 139 in Orlando, Fl. I ranked #60, I don't know if that a good thing or a bad thing. Any advice guys?

Re: Interview ranking - 06/01/17 08:41 PM

Depends on the size of your local and the amount of work. For example, here in southern California the local has over a thousand guys and 60 would have already been hired. Our list came out in November and they have gone through over 100 names already. I'm 210 on the local 18 list which is Southern California. I'll guessing I'll get called end of year or beginning of next.
Posted By: Acesspades

Re: Interview ranking - 06/01/17 10:53 PM

Thank you for your response. Guess I'll just wait it out and hopefully get called in.

Re: Interview ranking - 06/02/17 12:10 AM

What's starting rate ?

Re: Interview ranking - 06/03/17 01:54 AM

All starting rates are 50% of the mechanic's base rate. This information is readily available.
http://www.wdol.gov/dba.aspx

In Local 8 Santa Clara County it's $63.44 for a mechanic's base rate. 50% of that is $31.72.

In Local 80 Raleigh the base Mechanic's rate is $38.14. 50% is $19.07.

I posted these two because they are the Highest and the Lowest in the country. These numbers do not factor in that companies can pay mechanics more if they want.

Also, keep in mind that the cost of living in these two areas are vastly different. You would have to make roughly $41.50 to start in San Jose to have the same buying power as you would if you started in Raleigh. Or you would have to start at $14.58 in Raleigh.

Furthermore, the fringe benefits are equal.

http://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/raleigh-nc/san-jose-ca/39666

Re: Interview ranking - 06/03/17 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By: hog451
All starting rates are 50% of the mechanic's base rate. This information is readily available.
http://www.wdol.gov/dba.aspx

In Local 8 Santa Clara County it's $63.44 for a mechanic's base rate. 50% of that is $31.72.

In Local 80 Raleigh the base Mechanic's rate is $38.14. 50% is $19.07.

I posted these two because they are the Highest and the Lowest in the country. These numbers do not factor in that companies can pay mechanics more if they want.

Also, keep in mind that the cost of living in these two areas are vastly different. You would have to make roughly $41.50 to start in San Jose to have the same buying power as you would if you started in Raleigh. Or you would have to start at $14.58 in Raleigh.

Furthermore, the fringe benefits are equal.

http://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/raleigh-nc/san-jose-ca/39666

Awesome dude! Thanks I'm sure everyone will appreciate the information! Dang though sounds like we're better off in NC although 19$ sounds like peanuts lol.

Re: Interview ranking - 06/07/17 01:35 AM

Anyone know if you are allowed to work as an apprentice in a local you that you don't live in? I'm on the edge of the jurisdiction of 2 different locals and wondering if I can apply to both when recruitment is open.

Also if there is a potential to transfer from one local to another at any point as an apprentice.

Thanks to anyone who has any info.

Re: Interview ranking - 06/07/17 02:38 AM

Yes. Initially you can but they will want you to move into it.
Yes. You can apply to every local you want.
Yes. But after you join the union; in a year.

Re: Interview ranking - 06/07/17 04:34 AM

So is there a specific amount of time one would have to move into the jurisdiction or might that vary by local?
Some of the locals seem to cover a pretty wide area.

Re: Interview ranking - 06/08/17 03:16 PM

Any updates on the Los Angeles list?

Re: Interview ranking - 06/16/17 02:59 PM

Anybody else on the milwaukee list?

Re: Interview ranking - 06/17/17 12:47 AM

Can someone please provide an update for the LA list? It's been a few months, last update they were in the 90s..

Re: Interview ranking - 06/17/17 03:13 AM

I'm with you there. Feels like the list stopped moving or people stopped talking. Every time I've called the hall they tell me they can't tell me what number they are on 😒

Re: Interview ranking - 06/20/17 05:22 AM

Pretty sure if anyone had any type of updates they would post it. There is someone on here that's 150 on the list. So if he hasn't posted the list hasn't made it to him yet.

Re: Interview ranking - 06/20/17 07:13 PM

Yep still waiting😬

Re: Interview ranking - 06/21/17 02:11 PM

Just spoke with a new hire. He was 106 on the LA list and got called in a couple weeks ago.

Re: Interview ranking - 06/22/17 02:10 AM

Awesome man thanks for the update!
Posted By: Dve38

Re: Interview ranking - 07/06/17 03:48 PM

Anybody here from local 38? how they did on their interview and ranking?

Re: Interview ranking - 07/18/17 03:56 PM

Hear any news Joe?

Re: Interview ranking - 07/19/17 05:31 AM

No, I know they just had a meeting. I will try to call around and ask if anyone has any updates.
Posted By: Emeraldquake

Re: Interview ranking - 08/06/17 05:56 PM

I am #130 for local 18. I heard at the end of July they were on 112
Posted By: Esco

Re: Interview ranking - 08/13/17 05:42 PM

Anyone on here from local 8?
Posted By: Esco

Re: Interview ranking - 08/13/17 05:50 PM

How are you liking it?

Re: Interview ranking - 08/15/17 10:38 PM

For anyone curious about what number they are on for local 18 , they are on 123 as of last Thursday!

Re: Interview ranking - 08/17/17 07:19 AM

Damn...it slowed down a lot. I'm 210 for local 18. Was really hoping to get called by end of the year. Looks like it will be closer to next summer. I'm so effing pumped though, that phone call will probably be one of the best moments of my life. Stoked!!

Re: Interview ranking - 08/17/17 07:40 PM

Thank you! So excited I'm 130!

Re: Interview ranking - 08/29/17 05:44 PM

Local 18 Las Vegas... any updates?

Re: Interview ranking - 09/06/17 06:41 PM

Any one apply for or have any information on Madison WI local 132?
Posted By: Red1102

Re: Interview ranking - 09/15/17 09:46 PM

Anyone have any information on Local 36? I got my ranking last week and wanted to know when they might start hiring and how many they plan on hiring.

Re: Interview ranking - 09/17/17 06:41 PM

Call the hall for when they should start bringing newbies in. As far as how many it all depends on how much work is out there. What number are you?
Posted By: Red1102

Re: Interview ranking - 09/18/17 09:09 PM

Thank you. I'm number 73/300
Posted By: Zillavator

Re: Interview ranking - 10/07/17 03:07 AM

Posted By: Zillavator

Re: Interview ranking - 10/07/17 11:51 AM

Im not sure sure why my message is not showing on my previous post. Anyway, what is the news with Local 21? How many total ranked and by what number are they currently on? Thanks!

Re: Interview ranking - 10/09/17 05:41 PM

Just got my call for local 18. #130
Posted By: dmart144

Re: Interview ranking - 10/09/17 11:58 PM

I'm sure that's a good feeling! Congrats and best of luck to you!
Posted By: Hapnincapt

Re: Interview ranking - 10/10/17 10:55 PM

I received an excellent ranking after my interview for Local 81 in San Antonio. I was notified by email on September 19th, and I have not heard anything yet. Does anyone out there have any information? Is this normal or has work gotten slow?
I'm just impatient I guess!

I called about a week ago and I was told that no one from the list has been hired yet. Any insight that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Interview ranking - 10/14/17 04:07 PM

Anyone here from Las Vegas local 18? Any updates? Thanks

Re: Interview ranking - 10/14/17 10:10 PM

Come on man.. someone literally gave an update for local 18 five days ago.

This is why good legitimate questions sometimes go unanswered on this forum.

Re: Interview ranking - 10/14/17 11:36 PM

Re: Interview ranking - 10/14/17 11:40 PM

Re: Interview ranking - 10/14/17 11:50 PM

Re: Interview ranking - 10/24/17 06:57 AM

Vegas has it's own list. Same local, different list. There is the Southern California list (L.A./San Diego) and a Vegas list. Know what you're talking about before throwing shade.
Posted By: MVM

Re: Interview ranking - 10/24/17 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Jgonzales
Anyone here from Las Vegas local 18? Any updates? Thanks

Why don't you just give them a call and ask? Seems like the easiest thing to do...

Re: Interview ranking - 10/26/17 09:25 AM

They won't tell you

Re: Interview ranking - 10/27/17 06:48 PM

I know there has been a lot of talk about this, and sorry for repeating the question. What does everyone feel is proper interview attire? I tested for career firefighting and had multiple interviews across the states for positions and always wore a suit due to it being a civil service government career. I also worked in the oilfield and wore blue collar attire (nice clean jeans, boots and a nice button up). My interview date is coming up for local 19 and I'm leaning towards clean jeans or khakis and a nice button-up with clean boot style shoes. Just curious if I should go with nice slacks instead or a tie or what everybody's opinion is. I'm sure I'm overthinking it as I tend to do and the interview itself is more important than the attire. Thanks in advance

Re: Interview ranking - 10/27/17 08:32 PM

I wore dress shoes, Khakis, and a light blue button up with no tie. Clean shaven and haircut.

Re: Interview ranking - 10/28/17 01:00 AM

thanks westcoast, that's what I'm leaning towards. Have you been picked up yet? I saw you had your interview in april earlier on this thread but never saw your rank or if you were one of the lucky ones yet

Re: Interview ranking - 10/28/17 06:11 AM

I got my rank. It'll still be a while before I get the call though. Good luck with your interview!

Re: Interview ranking - 10/30/17 10:18 PM

Wear a tie. This a is not a job interview; it is a career interview.

Bring copies of the documents for any of your certifications. You have to sell yourself.

Re: Interview ranking - 10/30/17 10:40 PM

I understand that, as mentioned I've sat through multiple "career interviews". I have made up nice folders with every certificate from my adult life, about 30 papers. Appreciate the input.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/06/17 09:38 AM

Posted By: NycHopeful718

Re: Interview ranking - 12/07/17 06:30 AM

Hi Gents,

Best of luck to you all, do you guys have any tips for some one taking the EIAT next weekend, anything specific to study?

Thank you!
Posted By: Rique925

Re: Interview ranking - 12/08/17 02:39 AM

40 basic algebra questions, 35 mechanical, 35 reading, 20 tool assessment. we didnt get any break in between so be prepared, i tested in reno nv so idk things might be different for you.
Posted By: NycHopeful718

Re: Interview ranking - 12/08/17 07:38 AM

Thanks a lot Rique

Re: Interview ranking - 12/28/17 12:15 PM

what questions are they going to ask you in the interview? i'd appreciate the help.
Posted By: Ddavis77

Re: Interview ranking - 02/17/18 01:59 AM

Just got my ranking letter, interviewed about two weeks ago. I ranked 331. Last rumor I heard while I was interviewing they were in the 150s. Anyone else get called recently or know what number they are around?
Posted By: Tkrieps

Re: Interview ranking - 02/17/18 03:56 AM

Hello everyone,
I just got my interview ranking for local 18 for LA a couple days ago and was ranked 2A. From what I understand, after my phone call with them, that means that there was 2 of us that scored the same for #2. Anyways, what do you guys think would be a reasonable time to expect a call from them.
Posted By: sovietstar

Re: Interview ranking - 02/17/18 09:02 AM

Do they look at your resume/ certificates even if you didnt mention on the interview? I didnt properly sell myself on the interview, after the interview ended, they didnt even ask for my resume folder, so I asked them, arent you going to need the folder? the union guy said oh! yes we'll keep it and put it in your record... so I'm assuming they arent even going to bother looking at the folder and just base my score on the interview frown

Re: Interview ranking - 02/17/18 04:06 PM

Not sure. I gave them my resume before they asked me any questions. Then they told me to wait outside for a bit. So I'm guessing they went through my resume right before.
Posted By: TimeTraveler

Re: Interview ranking - 02/18/18 02:23 AM

Hi Everybody,

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to share your info, I've been learning a lot.

I interviewed with khakis, a button-up shirt, and a tie. I won't go into specifics, but I will say the interviewers were very professional and gave me a the opportunity to showcase myself. Unfortunately, I don't think I made the best of it, but it was a great learning experience.

I got ranked #39 for Local 8, Reno.

I'll keep you guys posted if I hear anything.

Re: Interview ranking - 02/19/18 09:33 PM

Did they do more interviews for 18? I interviewed and was put on the list in Nov 2016. You're saying you just interviewed and got ranked a couple weeks ago?

Re: Interview ranking - 02/20/18 02:09 AM

They had a testing and interview for veterans

Re: Interview ranking - 02/28/18 09:57 PM

Anybody on the milwaukee list follow this forum?
Posted By: Marsvelous

Re: Interview ranking - 03/01/18 11:48 PM

Anyone on the Albuquerque list, local 131, on this forum?

Re: Interview ranking - 03/14/18 05:00 PM

Any idea of what number they are on for the Local 18 Los Angeles List?
Posted By: falchion

Re: Interview ranking - 03/15/18 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ddavis77
Any idea of what number they are on for the Local 18 Los Angeles List?

I'm 162 and i haven't received a call yet, i took the test about 6 months ago.

For those who recently tested, about how many people were there? Considering Tkrieps got a very low number it seem's like they shuffle people ahead of others depending on their score, and since they call up about 8 people a month on average i can estimate when i might get called.

Re: Interview ranking - 03/15/18 09:14 PM

Sounds like you are still in the clear though if you tested 6 months ago. That's a good ranking number! I'm sure you'll be getting a call soon. I ranked 331A. Still have a lot of waiting to do. I interviewed in January and there was at least 25 other people interviewing.
Posted By: Frankra8er

Re: Interview ranking - 03/16/18 03:40 AM

I interviewed in December 2016. Got ranked 175. Still waiting for the call.

Re: Interview ranking - 03/16/18 08:30 PM

Last I heard Local 18 list for LA/SD was at 160, this was about a month ago

Re: Interview ranking - 03/23/18 08:25 AM

Please post on here when you get called. It would be very appreciated. I'm trying to time it right so I have the funds to move to LA and find a place to live.

Re: Interview ranking - 03/23/18 02:21 PM

What's your rank # LaZorChicKen?

Re: Interview ranking - 03/24/18 05:28 PM

Re: Interview ranking - 03/24/18 05:31 PM

Generally how long does it take interviewers to deliver our rankings via email? Been waiting 3 weeks 4 days and counting
Posted By: falchion

Re: Interview ranking - 03/24/18 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Marsvelous
Generally how long does it take interviewers to deliver our rankings via email? Been waiting 3 weeks 4 days and counting

about a month give or take haha.

Re: Interview ranking - 03/24/18 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Frankra8er
What's your rank # LaZorChicKen?

Posted By: 8r0b07

Re: Interview ranking - 04/04/18 01:31 AM

I was one of the veterans that interviewed in Feb 2018. I ranked 86A. Just got hired last week. There were a total of 6 guys that were being hired. Not sure what their ranks were.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/05/18 12:47 AM

Where’d you get hired?

Re: Interview ranking - 05/11/18 04:06 PM

Got a missed call from Union Local 18,regarding a job opportunity. I called back, lady said "position was already filled". She needed somebody by 12 noon today. She said, she'll
keep me in mind". So hopefully, I'm next on the list. I ranked # 175.

Re: Interview ranking - 05/14/18 09:56 PM

I have a question that just might come in handy for future potential apprentices. I just received my ranking out from Local 44: #75. How do I know what number they start from? because I know for a fact there couldn't have been more than 20 people at the location for interviews.

Re: Interview ranking - 05/14/18 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Marsvelous
I have a question that just might come in handy for future potential apprentices. I just received my ranking out from Local 44: #75. How do I know what number they start from? because I know for a fact there couldn't have been more than 20 people at the location for interviews.

It starts at 1. You only saw the guys they interviewed that day at the time of your interview. They'll interview in the morning and the afternoon for a week at a time. From your previous posts it seems like you have been through this process a bunch. Is this your first successful interview?

Re: Interview ranking - 05/15/18 12:13 AM

I’ve had a few successful interviews and each get better as I go. At this point, I’m confident enough to show up to an interview and answer every question extensively and impressively. I guess I just have to wait for my turn.

Re: Interview ranking - 05/30/18 12:58 PM

Local 18 Las Vegas any updates??

Re: Interview ranking - 05/30/18 04:41 PM

Vegas is about to go off from what I hear. I also heard they’re going to be opening up a new list for Vegas the end of this year sometime. Not 100% sure about this info though.

Re: Interview ranking - 05/30/18 11:10 PM

New Vegas list opens tomorrow at 0800. NEIEP.org has all the apprenticeships for each local and when they open.

https://www.neiep.org/Careers.aspx

Re: Interview ranking - 05/31/18 02:23 AM

Friday at 0800*

Re: Interview ranking - 05/31/18 02:54 PM

Thanks for the info...
Posted By: Michael8987

Re: Interview ranking - 06/04/18 05:03 AM

I will let you know if I get a call my number was #62 for Toledo 44.

Re: Interview ranking - 06/18/18 06:46 PM

Any updates on the Los Angeles list?

Re: Interview ranking - 06/30/18 07:30 AM

Last update was 176 on May 11th.

Re: Interview ranking - 07/04/18 01:20 AM

I was #175. Got hired on June 8.
Posted By: Paf

Re: Interview ranking - 07/12/18 02:19 AM

Hello.
Thank you good support for everybody's.
I passed aptitude test. Now next step is interview.
Could you send me exactly which questions you had in interview , please ? smirk smile

Thank you very much

Re: Interview ranking - 07/13/18 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Paf
Hello.
Thank you good support for everybody's.
I passed aptitude test. Now next step is interview.
Could you send me exactly which questions you had in interview , please ? smirk smile

Thank you very much

No.
Posted By: Paf

Re: Interview ranking - 07/13/18 01:36 AM

Strange answer. Because each person has different , independent answer. Just support, sometimes too nervous in interview and everything mixed in head.

Re: Interview ranking - 07/13/18 03:32 AM

Good guessing on the English part of the test paf.

Re: Interview ranking - 07/15/18 07:15 PM

Yeah that’s why they ask complex questions with multiple answers to narrow out people that get confused easy under pressure. So if that’s your case start working on getting out it comfort zone and start having conversations with random people or something.

Re: Interview ranking - 07/20/18 09:35 PM

Just got the call this morning!!! Have to be at the Union Office at 0700 on Monday. I was #210

Re: Interview ranking - 07/26/18 11:10 PM

Congrats! How’s the process going?

Re: Interview ranking - 07/27/18 01:06 AM

Lots of paperwork! Did all the paperwork and drug test Monday. Start safety training tomorrow. Drug test takes 2-3 days.

Re: Interview ranking - 07/27/18 01:21 AM

Get ready to sweat @LaZorChicken. I started 7 weeks ago. Which company did the union send you?

Re: Interview ranking - 07/27/18 03:35 PM

Two years in the making, ready to work my ass off.
Got hired with Otis

Re: Interview ranking - 07/28/18 11:02 PM

@ Lazor you know where you're working Mod, NE?
Posted By: Pconklin

Re: Interview ranking - 07/29/18 12:24 AM

Hey are you guys worried about being laid off? I start with thyssen in local 80 in s few days. I’m from nj and am making s big move by coming down

Re: Interview ranking - 07/29/18 02:10 PM

@hog No not yet. Still going through safety training in the classroom. Won't be on a job site until Thursday.

Re: Interview ranking - 07/30/18 07:49 PM

@LaZorChicken are you with Local 18?

Re: Interview ranking - 07/30/18 08:28 PM

@Frankra8er Yea, in LA
Posted By: Fais07

Re: Interview ranking - 07/31/18 06:33 PM

Anyone from Local 74? I just got my ranking.

Re: Interview ranking - 07/31/18 06:37 PM

This is mostly Local 18, SoCal. There are a few posts for other Locals but the majority of guys in this one are 18.

Re: Interview ranking - 08/01/18 06:54 PM

Got In interview with Vegas towards the end of the month, I feel pretty confident about it, hopefully I get a good rank!

Re: Interview ranking - 08/04/18 05:24 AM

@hog451 New Equipment
Posted By: Buffalo

Re: Interview ranking - 08/19/18 08:41 PM

Hey guys I’m awaiting the IUEC 18 to gimme a ring at some point. I’m # 327A. Any idea what number they’re on? Or why I have an A at the end of mine?

Re: Interview ranking - 08/20/18 02:06 PM

Rank #210 was called a month ago, so I am sure they are quite a few numbers pass that now. I ranked #333A for local 18 and from what I have been told its a good rank. We just have to wait our time. There may be be another person who ranked 327 the #A signifies you would be first the other 327 candidate would be #327B.

Re: Interview ranking - 08/21/18 05:45 AM

Oh cool. When did you interview? Mine was June 27

Re: Interview ranking - 08/21/18 01:16 PM

I interviewed in January, the list seems to be moving pretty quick.

Re: Interview ranking - 08/22/18 05:12 AM

Awesome. Ill make a point of it to keep the forum updated on my end!

Re: Interview ranking - 09/23/18 11:39 PM

They’re in the 245+ range

Re: Interview ranking - 09/25/18 12:06 PM

Erok Thanks for the update! seems like they are speeding up.

Re: Interview ranking - 09/28/18 10:35 PM

Where did you get hired again? Anaheim or LA?

Re: Interview ranking - 09/28/18 10:45 PM

LA

Re: Interview ranking - 09/28/18 11:34 PM

They just transferred me up to Anaheim finally
Posted By: Bigred50

Re: Interview ranking - 09/29/18 01:07 AM

Thanks for the update man. I was one of the Veterans that interviewed a couple months back. Was ranked 261A.
Posted By: Ramblin55

Re: Interview ranking - 10/08/18 07:17 PM

588 in local 2 here in Chicago.

Not to be too discouraged, but anyone know how many people they’re looking at for the local? I heard over 1000 on list so trying to be glass half full.
Posted By: HalfZip27

Re: Interview ranking - 10/09/18 02:38 PM

I would call Local 2’s union hall, I called last week and they said they hadn’t hired anyone off the list yet.

Re: Interview ranking - 10/12/18 01:13 PM

Any updates on LA list?
Posted By: HalfZip27

Re: Interview ranking - 10/17/18 06:08 PM

Does anyone know of updates in Chicago?
Posted By: jrunch

Re: Interview ranking - 10/18/18 12:08 AM

Step-son in the union, last I heard they haven't called anyone from the new list yet. Said something about they had a couple transfer in from some other locals, so maybe that's delayed the start of the list.

Re: Interview ranking - 10/19/18 03:53 AM

Heard #260 on the L.A list (Local 18) just got hired today
Posted By: thumbking

Re: Interview ranking - 11/16/18 04:51 PM

So they let apprentices transfer?

Re: Interview ranking - 11/17/18 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by thumbking
So they let apprentices transfer?

Yeah once you pass the probation period I wouldn't say anything about transferring til you officially get initiated..just my 2 cents..
Posted By: Ry711

Re: Interview ranking - 11/19/18 05:03 AM

Anybody apply to Phoenix?
Posted By: AWallace

Re: Interview ranking - 11/26/18 11:35 PM

I applied to phoenix and got ranked number 40. Does anyone know the status of the LA list?
Posted By: Kale Garret

Re: Interview ranking - 11/26/18 11:37 PM

Has anyone heard what number the LA list is at? The hiring numbers are very confusing and they will not tell you what number they are on. Also does anyone know what the “a” is for after your number? Any info will help thank you!
Posted By: Rmiller86

Re: Interview ranking - 11/26/18 11:40 PM

I ranked 38 on the local 140 Arizona list.. My best friend of 20 years is on the board of trustees for IUEC 140 and said Otis hired 8 guys Friday the 16th.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/26/18 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kale Garret
Has anyone heard what number the LA list is at? The hiring numbers are very confusing and they will not tell you what number they are on. Also does anyone know what the “a” is for after your number? Any info will help thank you!

#260 was hired in October
Posted By: Mattymatt

Re: Interview ranking - 11/26/18 11:50 PM

I was ranked #31 through Local 140 Phoenix. I heard by word of mouth that #11 has been hired as of The 19th of November. The highest number I know of ( again, through word of mouth) that was ranked was over 100.

Hope this helps.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/26/18 11:54 PM

Yeah believe your right called said about 10 has been hired so far ranked 34

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rmiller86
Originally Posted by Kale Garret

#260 was hired in October

So if my number is 200a do you know what that would mean?

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 12:39 AM

It means your first in that number hence letter a as the first in the alphabet

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ry711
Yeah believe your right called said about 10 has been hired so far ranked 34

Congrats man, damn that's a good rank I should've went maybe I woulda been in the 30's too

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 01:02 AM

Thanks bro..yeah you should of not so competitive like SF and you can transfer in a year

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rique925
It means your first in that number hence letter a as the first in the alphabet

This is probably a dumb question but I don’t understand how 260 was called in October and I just got 200a. In that case how do you know what number they would be on?
Posted By: B19gale

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 02:52 AM

I got ranked 24th for 140; will post here when i get called.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 03:31 AM

Right on @B19gale..congrats on your rank to

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 03:35 AM

Sounds like they called you man and missed it..I would call the hall and make sure though...Ive heard the a and b ranking are two people that scored the same score but a would be called first

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 03:46 AM

I was gonna call and check in today but was dealing with the VA. After reading forum today i am gonna be calling forst thing in the AM

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by B19gale
I was gonna call and check in today but was dealing with the VA. After reading forum today i am gonna be calling forst thing in the AM

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 04:48 PM

Called the up; the lady said they are on #14.

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by B19gale
Called the up; the lady said they are on #14.

Is that for local 18 in Los Angeles?

Re: Interview ranking - 11/27/18 05:31 PM

140; phoenix
Posted By: Valle

Re: Interview ranking - 11/29/18 06:39 AM

Hey guys what’s up I’m new to this. I’m ranked #98 with local 140. I called the hall yesterday but the lady on the phone really couldn’t give out much information. Hopefully we hear more updates at a later time

Re: Interview ranking - 11/29/18 06:26 PM

Anyone know what’s up with the LA number? I’m 323A, no call yet

Re: Interview ranking - 12/03/18 05:23 PM

Does anyone have an update for Phoenix?

Re: Interview ranking - 12/03/18 09:09 PM

Still no call; planning on calling tomorrow and seeing where they at unless someone else posts here forst where they are.
As of last tuesday they were on #14

Re: Interview ranking - 12/03/18 09:55 PM

Okay sounds good. Thanks!!

Re: Interview ranking - 12/04/18 03:07 AM

Nice looks like Phoenix is moving pretty fast...hopefully it stays that way
Posted By: David De La O

Re: Interview ranking - 12/04/18 04:00 PM

Hello everyone. Was anybody here at the inverview in November. I ranked 230a. No call yet but I’ve been hearing about h2h applicants getting picked up left and right.
Posted By: FireAlarmPuller

Re: Interview ranking - 12/04/18 10:49 PM

I was under the impression that h2h got a normal ranking like everyone else...

Re: Interview ranking - 12/04/18 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by FireAlarmPuller
I was under the impression that h2h got a normal ranking like everyone else...

They usually hire the H2H guys first. They do it a few times a year. You will get pushed back because of it.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/04/18 11:23 PM

Has anyone from the November interviews been picked up yet? If so what was your ranking. Might give us all a better understanding as to where we stand.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/05/18 12:02 AM

Took me a minute to figure out what H2H was; sad considering i am one. It may be different local to local because of contracts and what not but as for Local 140(Phoenix) what i have gathered is its mostly just a way to apply; and if they run through the whole list and need more before the next cycle they will call people up off H2H.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/05/18 01:57 AM

Excited to share that I got my call today at 4:00pm for local 18 L.A. I interviewed in November and was ranked 230a. I hope this info let’s one of you know that your next. Best of luck everyone.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/05/18 04:00 AM

Right on...congrats

Re: Interview ranking - 12/05/18 06:26 PM

Congrats, Anyone know why the LA list seems to keep going backwards in numbers being called? I know #260 was called a few weeks ago and it seems like lower ranking numbers keep getting called.You would think they passed and called these numbers already.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/05/18 08:00 PM

That’s because when they hold new interviews it is possible for applicants to score better than previous applicants. In that case they rank you with a lower number. Then they back track to lower numbers before moving down the list again.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/05/18 08:15 PM

Right on, good luck.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/06/18 02:05 AM

David, with that logic is this supposed to mean you scored at 230 even though the list may have been at 300 already? And that they choose you and then pick up where the list left off? That’s no way to quantify applicants.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/06/18 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Buffalo
David, with that logic is this supposed to mean you scored at 230 even though the list may have been at 300 already? And that they choose you and then pick up where the list left off? That’s no way to quantify applicants.

That's exactly what they do. The interviews they do throughout the year are for Helmets to Hardhats, aka veterans. If they rank higher than what the list is currently at they get hired first. If lower they get hired before the open applicant with the same rank hence the A in there ranking. It's to help Veterans start a career outside of the military. They only have open recruiting every few years or longer but, they interview H2H guys multiple times per year.

I seriously hope you are not upset with Veterans getting jobs after they put there lives on the line in war.....

Re: Interview ranking - 12/06/18 02:37 AM

I am a veteran but thanks

Re: Interview ranking - 12/06/18 02:50 AM

That's awesome, thank you!
Did you not go through H2H?

Re: Interview ranking - 12/06/18 02:53 AM

Yea, actually I went through h2h and had my interview June 1st. I found it strange that number 230 got hired today and I’m 323a even with my 1.5 years of experience at SpaceX. So no, I’m not fresh out of TAPS lol I thought he might’ve been trolling us just because of the vast differentiation in our rankings and the fact that 260 got hired in October. I was confused

Re: Interview ranking - 12/06/18 01:22 PM

Same here got on through H2H, Interviewed December 2017, The only advantage I see H2H does for us veterans is allow us to test/interview before open enrollment? I ranked 330(LA List) ... 5 years as a mechanic in the Navy, 2 years underwater welding and working in aerospace now. Buffalo, makes me curious how they choose someone's ranking too! Must be some extremely qualified guys out there! Congrats to everyone though. Our time will come.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/06/18 04:24 PM

I’m sorry you felt that way. My intentions were only to give a better feel for what number they were on. Best of luck.
Posted By: Tammy

Re: Interview ranking - 12/06/18 07:55 PM

As far as I know veterans don't have to take the aptitude test, just the tool test and the interview. And I thought they get an automatic 5 point bonus.
Might be different from local to local though I guess...

Re: Interview ranking - 12/10/18 11:02 PM

Tammy, I am a veteran and had to take the aptitude test.
Posted By: Tammy

Re: Interview ranking - 12/11/18 02:43 AM

Maybe there isn't a universal rule then. My husband is a veteran and he went through the regular process, including the aptitude test. He said he found out afterwards that he wouldn't have had to take it.

Re: Interview ranking - 12/14/18 12:51 AM

Any updates on PHX?

Re: Interview ranking - 12/14/18 01:09 AM

Called yesterday and they said they were still on 14

Re: Interview ranking - 12/14/18 01:21 AM

Thanks @Awallace hopefully after the new year it will pick up again

Re: Interview ranking - 12/14/18 01:23 AM

Yeah thats what im hoping

Re: Interview ranking - 12/14/18 01:33 AM

I talked to the business manager for phx today; i am 9th in line atm and he said i will probably get called soon but it more then likely wont be till after xmas

Re: Interview ranking - 12/14/18 02:27 AM

Yeah hopefully it wont be long for me to ranked 34..heard they called 14 so im at 20 atm

Re: Interview ranking - 12/14/18 04:31 AM

I am 24 so you are under 20 now; by one but hey its one step closer

Re: Interview ranking - 01/02/19 07:31 PM

any updates? phoenix or LA?

Re: Interview ranking - 01/07/19 08:14 PM

Any LA updates?

Re: Interview ranking - 01/11/19 03:15 AM

Phoenix is at 15..hopefully it will start picking up again

Re: Interview ranking - 01/15/19 02:23 PM

Local 18 Los Angeles is in 330's

Re: Interview ranking - 01/15/19 06:32 PM

Hey Ddavis77 I’m number 323A and never received a call... Any chance the 330s could be false?

Re: Interview ranking - 01/15/19 06:59 PM

David De La O was number 230 and got called this past December on the 15th. I’m thinking someone needs to call! Lol

Re: Interview ranking - 01/16/19 06:31 PM

I heard they are around the 280’s... I’ll know more soon

Re: Interview ranking - 01/16/19 06:45 PM

Awesome, thanks for the update

Re: Interview ranking - 01/18/19 01:23 AM

I just got called today... Im # 282 ( local 18 Los Angeles)

Re: Interview ranking - 01/19/19 02:02 AM

Does anybody have updates on Phoenix?

Re: Interview ranking - 01/19/19 02:38 PM

Awesome Jesse, congrats 🍾

Re: Interview ranking - 01/21/19 03:35 PM

Thanks man!

Re: Interview ranking - 01/25/19 06:31 PM

PHX at 16

Re: Interview ranking - 02/14/19 04:07 PM

Phx is on 25+; got my call tues(24);

Re: Interview ranking - 02/14/19 04:40 PM

Congrats!

Re: Interview ranking - 02/14/19 06:52 PM

Nice Congrats!!!..just called to see where they are at lady said 20..So wonder if 4 people said no or if she is incorrect
Posted By: UncleBobbyb

Re: Interview ranking - 02/14/19 11:29 PM

I have been looking through all the posts. My question is do milliary veterans have a better shot of becoming an apprentice than non vet?

Re: Interview ranking - 02/15/19 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by UncleBobbyb
I have been looking through all the posts. My question is do milliary veterans have a better shot of becoming an apprentice than non vet?

I believe you get extra points on the interview..so it will help you score higher on the interview..getting a better score on the interview ranking better so yeah it does help your chances

Re: Interview ranking - 02/16/19 10:13 AM

Awesome B19gale!...what company? Any idea how many other people were hired? TIA for the info Good Luck and again congrats

Re: Interview ranking - 02/17/19 02:20 AM

Nice Congrats!!!..just called to see where they are at lady said 20..So wonder if 4 people said no or if she is incorrect

I'm curious to. Is it 20 or 25. If he was 24 and got called Tuesday I assume they are on 25 then.

Re: Interview ranking - 02/22/19 03:32 AM

Anybody get an update for PHX?

Re: Interview ranking - 02/22/19 04:28 PM

I called a couple days ago and the lady said they were on 20

Re: Interview ranking - 03/02/19 03:28 PM

So it's either 20 or 25. B19gale said he got called 2 weeks ago and he was #24 but, the lady keeps telling people they are on #20. They're at least in the 20s. Also, my buddy who's been in the local for 13 years said two probies got fired last week which opens up two more spots.

Re: Interview ranking - 03/03/19 07:44 AM

Thanks for the info Rmiller 86...damm fired must have been f'ing up bad

Re: Interview ranking - 03/11/19 12:33 AM

Called on friday..lady sats there on 24 for PHX

Re: Interview ranking - 03/11/19 01:44 AM

Called on friday..lady sats there on 24 for PHX

Damn getting close!

Re: Interview ranking - 03/12/19 11:46 PM

Phoenix Local 140. Got my call today, 12 March. I'm #31

Re: Interview ranking - 03/13/19 12:11 AM

Congrats mattymatt nice!!Going quick Im 34 right around the corner

Re: Interview ranking - 03/13/19 12:25 AM

Congrats mattymatt nice!!Going quick Im 34 right around the corner

Man I know you've been waiting for as long as I have u should finally be called by next week!

Re: Interview ranking - 03/13/19 04:03 AM

I know man almost there!

Re: Interview ranking - 03/13/19 04:10 PM

does anyone know what the starting wage is in Phoenix? just curious! Getting closer!

Re: Interview ranking - 03/15/19 12:43 AM

https://www.wdol.gov/wdol/scafiles/non-std/86-0312.sca?v=37

Im guessing have the journeyman rate so 21 something

Re: Interview ranking - 03/15/19 12:47 AM

https://www.wdol.gov/wdol/scafiles/non-std/86-0312.sca?v=37

Im guessing have the journeyman rate so 21 something

Imagine when u transfer to SF though, you''ll be in in 3 more calls brotha!

Re: Interview ranking - 03/15/19 01:11 AM

I know man they make crazy money in SF...you ready for seattle bro..wondering when if i should go up there

Re: Interview ranking - 03/15/19 01:36 AM

I know man they make crazy money in SF...you ready for seattle bro..wondering when if i should go up there

Yeah I'm ready, If I were u I would just chill to get the call ur like 3 away, wouldnt make sense to spend all that money to get up there

Re: Interview ranking - 03/17/19 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mattymatt
Phoenix Local 140. Got my call today, 12 March. I'm #31

Mattymatt what company are you working for? Hows everything going?

Re: Interview ranking - 03/19/19 01:21 AM

I was hired by Kone, all is well.

Re: Interview ranking - 03/20/19 09:10 PM

Hey boys, any word on Los Angeles ?

Re: Interview ranking - 03/21/19 09:08 PM

34 for Phoenix going to thyssenKrupp

Re: Interview ranking - 03/21/19 09:28 PM

congrats!

Re: Interview ranking - 03/21/19 10:42 PM

Hell yea! Congrats dude. That puts me at 4.

Re: Interview ranking - 03/22/19 01:35 AM

34 for Phoenix going to thyssenKrupp

Congrats man!!

Re: Interview ranking - 03/22/19 02:20 AM

Thanks Everyone!
Posted By: captidgas

Re: Interview ranking - 03/22/19 03:05 AM

congrats

Re: Interview ranking - 03/27/19 02:48 AM

Heard today Local 18 Los Angeles is in the lower 300s and a buddy who was #310 got picked up about three weeks ago.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/02/19 02:52 PM

Good Morning everyone. Just got the call for 140. Start tomorrow at 0700 for Schindler. I was #38

Re: Interview ranking - 04/02/19 03:56 PM

Congrats!! two spots away now for me now
Posted By: EZDUZIT85

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/19 01:52 AM

Anyone here get thier number for Local 59 Harrisburg? Apparently they are going to start pulling from the list April 15th. I am #2 on the list and was wondering if I should be expecting a call shortly after the 15th? If you miss the call do you get skipped? If not how long do you have to respond? I only ask because I work in a secure building and cell phones are not allowed. TIA for any feedback. I am so looking forward to joining this brotherhood I’ve heard so much about!

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/19 02:56 AM

What state is that in? I think you might be searching in the wrong thread

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/19 12:08 PM

Harrisburg is in PA. If you look back to the beginning it looks like this thread has people from all over the country on it. Since IUEC is rules are pretty much the same everywhere I figured this would be a good place to maybe get some answers.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/19 01:10 PM

Yea, no this is for Vegas, Los Angeles, and Phoenix as far as I’m aware

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/19 01:22 PM

Where does it specify that? The title simply says interview ranking.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/19 01:34 PM

Just stop.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/19 03:27 PM

In pretty sure this thread became almost the default for all areas. I'm worried about missing the phone call as well and believe I'm next on the list unless I've been skipped allready. My understanding is that they typically don't leave messages and go to the next one on the list. I'm in a similar situation where cell service sucks on the job site I'm at. I plan on calling Friday to see if I got skipped and if maybe they could accommodate leaving a message as I will accept any offer and will report on time.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/19 04:01 PM

What number for what local are you?

I’m 323A local 18

Next Wednesday at the union meeting they’ll disclose what number they’re on

Re: Interview ranking - 04/03/19 07:31 PM

I'm not going for LA list. I ended up calling today because someone else said I was allready skipped. Turns out I wasn't skipped. I asked about if they leave a message and she said that she does leave a message but you only have a few hours to respond as the job has to be filled by union in 72 hours. Your local may be different. Good luck.

Re: Interview ranking - 04/08/19 06:38 PM

Got my call this morning! #40 for Phoenix
Posted By: NRobbins94

Re: Interview ranking - 04/09/19 01:02 AM

What is the starting wage in Phoenix?

Re: Interview ranking - 04/11/19 02:01 AM

Re: Interview ranking - 04/16/19 05:44 PM

Any updates on the LA list?
Posted By: GrennEyedBandit

Re: Interview ranking - 05/07/19 10:45 PM

I got the call from local 18 on Thursday and started on Monday. I was number 342. The call 3 of us. One guy was through H2H and the other guy didn’t remember his number.

Re: Interview ranking - 05/08/19 01:15 AM

Do you know what number the guy through H2H was? Also, were you through H2H?

Re: Interview ranking - 05/08/19 02:37 AM

Oh, and were you A or B?
Posted By: GrennEyedBandit

Re: Interview ranking - 05/10/19 02:16 AM

The H2H guys number was 210 i believe. I was not H2H and I’m not sure if I was A or B. When I got my email saying I was put on the list I was just given the number 342 the was no A or B following it.

Re: Interview ranking - 05/10/19 10:19 AM

So from the sounds of it, there’s two different lists they pull from. One for the H2H guys and one for non vets?

Re: Interview ranking - 05/10/19 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Buffalo
So from the sounds of it, there’s two different lists they pull from. One for the H2H guys and one for non vets?

My buddy in the local claims there is indeed two lists.
Posted By: Dylan

Re: Interview ranking - 05/22/19 11:29 PM

Any update on local 140 (Phoenix) list?
Posted By: Electricjunky17

Re: Interview ranking - 05/22/19 11:43 PM

I was number 355 on the LA list. I got called today. They said they’re hiring 2 guys. I turned it down so good luck to everyone else coming up on the list!

Re: Interview ranking - 05/23/19 12:51 AM

Did you turn it down because of the company or type of job? Or because it was LA?
Posted By: Electricjunky17

Re: Interview ranking - 05/23/19 01:22 AM

I got a better job already. Had they called me like 2 years ago I would have taken it

Re: Interview ranking - 05/23/19 01:26 AM

Oh, I see! Cool. I’m gonna pm you

Re: Interview ranking - 05/29/19 12:53 AM

Got the call today #357 LA
Posted By: trus123

Re: Interview ranking - 06/08/19 04:29 PM

Anyone Know what the letter next to your ranking means? I was ranked in the 220's with an (i) next to it for the local 4. I went through helmets to hardhats
Posted By: adam617

Re: Interview ranking - 06/10/19 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by trus123
Anyone Know what the letter next to your ranking means? I was ranked in the 220's with an (i) next to it for the local 4. I went through helmets to hardhats

Local 4 Boston? Is it the list that is almost a year and a half old now? I've never heard of having an "i" after a number before. Interesting.
Posted By: Alexander Larsen

Re: Interview ranking - 06/21/19 09:51 PM

Update on Phoenix list. I was #49 and got my call today.

Re: Interview ranking - 07/08/19 10:48 AM

Hey Alexander Larsen, were you able to get updates as to where the list was at by calling them directly or did you just wait for the call? Also did you answer the first time and if not how long did you have to respond? Thanks.

Re: Interview ranking - 07/30/19 11:38 PM

Is it ok to call the local Union to see where the list is at? Or is that discouraged?

Re: Interview ranking - 07/30/19 11:44 PM

U can call man your on the list

Re: Interview ranking - 08/06/19 11:57 AM

Update to Phoenix 140 list, called yesterday and was told they are up to #61. I'm #74, anyone on here in the 70-73 range that'll post when they get a call? Good luck everyone!
Posted By: Bandit1984

Re: Interview ranking - 08/08/19 02:43 PM

I’m #28 in Jacksonville, Local 49. I was hoping to hear about the same. I know 49 is a smaller local so the numbers probably don’t move as fast.

Thanks folks and stay safe out there.
Posted By: Stew766

Re: Interview ranking - 08/08/19 03:16 PM

I would check your number regularly. I was 2 away for local 4 Boston after a year and a half waiting and got bumped 14 spots after the union did a Helmets to hard hats recruitment. Not sure if all locals are the same just giving the heads up.
Posted By: Stew766

Re: Interview ranking - 08/10/19 12:51 AM

Local 4 Boston around 130’s from list that started February 2018.
Posted By: Precise

Re: Interview ranking - 08/11/19 04:27 AM

How do you ace the interview? I failed mine in 2016 by 5 points Test score were in the mid 70's.

Re: Interview ranking - 08/13/19 10:07 AM

How do I check my number?

Re: Interview ranking - 08/14/19 12:56 AM

You should have been given a number once you've passed the interview and test, normally they communicate to you via email what your placement is if you passed both of these. If you are asking how to find out what number the local Union has called up most recently you should call them to find out. If your not sure of your number be sure to scower through your email before reach out to ask what it is, just looks bad if you had the email sent to you but looked over it. Hope this helps!

Re: Interview ranking - 08/14/19 02:03 AM

Thanks Dylan.

I’m ranked 28 but was unsure on who to call to see what number they have hired yet.

I’ll call the local office tomorrow to see.

Thanks again Dylan.

Re: Interview ranking - 09/09/19 07:35 PM

update for Phoenix 140, I called this morning and its still at #61.

Re: Interview ranking - 09/29/19 02:27 PM

What number are you valle?

Re: Interview ranking - 10/01/19 09:27 PM

Update for all on Phoenix 140 list, seems like the list has stalled at 61 which was where they were in early August. Just called today for the update. If you are between numbers 62 and 73 shoot me a message or reply would love to be in the loop when you get called.

Re: Interview ranking - 01/13/20 05:33 AM

Sorry for not replying back Dylan bro I’m like #98😫. This list really came to a stop that sucks.
Posted By: Burghboy

Re: Interview ranking - 02/28/20 10:21 PM

Anyone on here by chance know what rank they're on in Denver? The union office doesn't give out the number.
Posted By: Ramblin55

Re: Interview ranking - 02/23/21 09:59 PM

Anything on Chicago number?

Re: Interview ranking - 03/16/21 08:43 PM

I was number 74 in Phoenix and just got the call yesterday along with a few other guys. Just putting it out there so people in Phoenix know the list seems to finally be moving. It was stuck at 61 or 62 till now
© 2024 Elevator Forum