Home

Local 8 - SF

Posted By: Ext1nct

Local 8 - SF - 04/16/17 02:01 AM

So I applied this past January and interviewed on 4/11/17. I think I did decent on it and feel I could be in the top 100 at least.

Who else applied to local 8? Lets post up our ranks once we get them and figure out how fast they're calling. I was told they expect to let us know early May and they need a lot of apprentices...
Posted By: Silly

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/16/17 06:47 PM

Far be it for me to try and be a moderator here but, if you all keep posting topics for individual locals, this will turn into a very cluttered area. There is a topic for interview rankings, did you check there?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/17/17 02:50 AM

I think it's just fine. If I'm in violation of any rules then please post it and I'll remove the topic. Otherwise if it bothers you, just don't click on it.
Posted By: Silly

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/17/17 04:35 AM

Figured you would take it wrong. I have been in the trade for 16 years and I do check the other generic rankings thread, to see if I can be helpful in answering any questions. I was more trying to point out that if there were threads for every local individually, someone like me would be much less apt to going through them all. By all means continue with each unique thread if you feel like it is what you need.
Posted By: Eros

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/17/17 05:08 AM

I had my interview on 3/29 and I did hear about the results coming in early May

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/18/17 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Silly
Figured you would take it wrong. I have been in the trade for 16 years and I do check the other generic rankings thread, to see if I can be helpful in answering any questions. I was more trying to point out that if there were threads for every local individually, someone like me would be much less apt to going through them all. By all means continue with each unique thread if you feel like it is what you need.

I'm on a few forums and when I read your previous post I thought you were another forum nazi -- But I understand your point. The more help the better by all means, I'm glad there is an experienced mechanic going through the posts.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/18/17 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Eros
I had my interview on 3/29 and I did hear about the results coming in early May

Sweet bro, good luck! I was nervous as heck.. How was your interview?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/18/17 02:07 AM

Thanks ! Good luck to you also ! I feel really good about my interview wasn't as bad as I thought it would be..the waiting game is killing me haha
Posted By: David Ortiz

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/18/17 05:44 PM

I'm glad there's a local 8 thread. I interviewed on 4/13 and felt like I did great. I don't have welding certs or any applicable experience so I'm very concerned about how that will affect my overall ranking. Does anyone have any idea how many apprentices this local took on last time?

Good luck guys!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/18/17 06:05 PM

I think they ended around 230-250

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/18/17 06:43 PM

That's a lot of apprentices. I'm just wondering how far down I'll be based solely on my lack of experience. I hope it's not too bad.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/18/17 06:47 PM

The latest list is still active and could of went passed 250 not sure.im talking about the list prior to the present one right now. But the present list should end in around two or three weeks once they rank interviewers
Posted By: westcoast

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/18/17 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: David Ortiz
I'm glad there's a local 8 thread. I interviewed on 4/13 and felt like I did great. I don't have welding certs or any applicable experience so I'm very concerned about how that will affect my overall ranking. Does anyone have any idea how many apprentices this local took on last time?

Good luck guys!

Im in the same boat man. No applicable certs or expericence. I just hope I get a rank and a chance to prove myself. Good luck bro!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/19/17 02:07 AM

The latest list is still active and could of went passed 250 not sure.im talking about the list prior to the present one right now. But the present list should end in around two or three weeks once they rank interviewers

Yeah they've taken a lot of apprentices... hope it's not too saturated once its our turn haha. At the interview, Jim was saying that they had 130 probies within the past year alone.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/19/17 02:13 AM

That's a lot of apprentices. I'm just wondering how far down I'll be based solely on my lack of experience. I hope it's not too bad.

I didn't have any experience when I joined the IBEW apprenticeship. They just want someone that's teachable and dependable.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/19/17 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Ext1nct

Yeah they've taken a lot of apprentices... hope it's not too saturated once its our turn haha. At the interview, Jim was saying that they had 130 probies within the past year alone.

Wow! That's really good to hear!
Posted By: GreenPants

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/19/17 03:49 PM

As an interviewer I look for a few things.

A clean 1-2 page resume, the first thing I do is look at your resume and see what you have been up to the last few years. It doesn't have to be fancy but it shows you prepared, bring multiple copies of everything, there will be multiple interviewers from the field and management. Bring proof of everything on that resume, transcripts, current certs, letter of recommendations, the more you bring the better. This is a career interview not just a job interview, how prepared you are speaks volumes.

How did you find out about the trade? And what do you know about the work we do.

Be able to talk about your ability to work with tools and do hands on work. I've interviewed NASA scientists to dog walkers, tell me why you want to do our work and don't tell me because it pays well. Prepare to speak about things not on your resume that apply to hands on work. Hobbies etc.

Hope this helps, I know its a nerve racking process. Think of a way to stand out beyond the other hundreds of people being interviewed. Realize that this is a small proud trade and we want what is best for the future.
Posted By: Dirty

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/20/17 01:01 AM

Thank you for that information you just posted. How do you feel about the whole "dress to impress" or "dress like you're a worker" (clean of course, just not slacks and tie?)

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/20/17 08:51 PM

May is around the corner!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/20/17 10:29 PM

I know man, I can't wait to see my rank. Ever since I've interviewed the passing of the days has slowed haha.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/21/17 01:11 AM

[quote=David Ortiz]I know man, I can't wait to see my rank. Ever since I've interviewed the passing of the days has slowed haha

Haha I know right! I'm just glad the month is almost over

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/25/17 09:33 PM

Last week of interviews fellas

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/25/17 10:54 PM

Yup hopefully next week we get results

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/01/17 04:24 PM

Hopefully we get our response this week fellas

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/01/17 06:17 PM

He said early May... By that I hope he meant today haha
Posted By: ElecTech

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/01/17 07:21 PM

Hopefully there is enough work demand to get us all working.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/01/17 09:09 PM

I hope there is, local 8 has significantly less members than the LA local.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/01/17 09:47 PM

I know they atleast go up to 250 in every list

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/02/17 08:15 AM

I know they atleast go up to 250 in every list

Thats good to hear honestly. I'll take a high rank as long as I get a chance.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/02/17 08:32 AM

Same here

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/17 08:47 PM

Anyone get an email?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/17 08:55 PM

No, did you? I thought our ranking was coming via post service.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/17 10:10 PM

No I haven't. Oh okay I didn't know that I thought since we've gotten everything through email so would our ranks

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/17 11:17 PM

I thought I remember them saying they would send out emails in Early May.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/17 11:24 PM

Yeah I thought the same because when you sign in before your interview they ask for your email
Posted By: Zakk

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/08/17 05:49 AM

I was under the impression it was going to be email as well

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/08/17 03:02 PM

Final week fellas !

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/08/17 08:36 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many candidates were interviewed?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/08/17 09:46 PM

About 650 made it to interviews

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/08/17 10:22 PM

Thats a pretty high number considering they only took 1000 applications.

Did you exclude the interview no-shows? I know there were already a couple the morning I interviewed.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/08/17 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: westcoast

Thats a pretty high number considering they only took 1000 applications.

Did you exclude the interview no-shows? I know there were already a couple the morning I interviewed.

650 +/- scheduled interviews according to the receptionist. No idea how many actually made it.. I'm sure quite a few didn't make it. Sorry last post was misleading

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/09/17 04:56 PM

Rankings have been sent out

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/09/17 04:58 PM

I didnt rank very well frown 358

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/09/17 05:23 PM

Just got my email in my rank is 121

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/09/17 05:34 PM

I just got mine...362...

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/09/17 05:37 PM

377 here. I barely passed the interview. I didn't realize it was that bad. Does lack of experience automatically put you at the bottom of the pool.

I guess I'll try again in two years.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/09/17 05:42 PM

I ranked 135.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/09/17 06:11 PM

377 here. I barely passed the interview. I didn't realize it was that bad. Does lack of experience automatically put you at the bottom of the pool.

I guess I'll try again in two years.

I'm right up there with ya bud. We got to take into consideration the number of people who won't pick up the call, won't quit their current job, won't pass the drug test, or just won't like the work and will quit in a few days. Local 8 has a huge territory with some big cities in it and the economy is doing pretty good. So at least we have that going for us.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/09/17 10:35 PM

Let me know when you get called in lol
Posted By: Joel

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/09/17 10:56 PM

Ranked 12! I have no idea if I should expect a call on or before the 19th but I will keep everyone posted.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 12:24 AM

Let me know when you get called in lol

Sure will bro

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Joel
Ranked 12! I have no idea if I should expect a call on or before the 19th but I will keep everyone posted.

Your probably going to be the first group of people pulled off the list bro congratulations!!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 12:25 AM

Congrats everyone for making the list stay optimistic!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 03:54 AM

Thank you all for going through the test and interview process. I know it is a stressful drawn out process. Please understand how small, proud and fulfilling this trade can be.

As of now every company is ready to hire from this new list and the work doesn't show signs of slowing down in the bay.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By: GreenPants
Thank you all for going through the test and interview process. I know it is a stressful drawn out process. Please understand how small, proud and fulfilling this trade can be.

As of now every company is ready to hire from this new list and the work doesn't show signs of slowing down in the bay.

That is great news!
Posted By: Str8outtasj

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 05:14 PM

#24 here! Congratulations everyone! If anything be has question I'm here to help!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Str8outtasj
#24 here! Congratulations everyone! If anything be has question I'm here to help!

Congratulations!! You should get a call in no time!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 07:30 PM

How do you know this good sir?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 07:47 PM

From what I hear they need a lot of apprentices!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 08:07 PM

From what I hear they need a lot of apprentices!

I've heard this too, I heard that we could be hired within weeks. I mean that would be great but I've also heard you could wait 1-3 years to get a call. Lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 08:18 PM

#24 is a golden ticket. You should be getting a call within weeks

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/17 11:37 PM

What makes you believe that, all the apprentices I've asked at job sites have said they waited st least one year. One guy said he didn't get the call for three years!
Posted By: hog451

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/11/17 12:07 AM

Every local is different. Which list are you 24? Is is San Francisco? San Jose? Oakland? Berkeley? Santa Rosa? Sacramento? Reno? Salinas? Carson City? Fresno? Local lists aren't a blanket list, they only cover a certain part of the local. 24 in Reno is not the same as 24 is San Francisco. Think of it this way each local has mini locals in them. Which one are you ranked in?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/11/17 12:16 AM

Local 8 covers all of Northern California and I know this because local 8 is boomin right now they need apprentices I know a couple ppl that work in local 8

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/11/17 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: hog451
Every local is different. Which list are you 24? Is is San Francisco? San Jose? Oakland? Berkeley? Santa Rosa? Sacramento? Reno? Salinas? Carson City? Fresno? Local lists aren't a blanket list, they only cover a certain part of the local. 24 in Reno is not the same as 24 is San Francisco. Think of it this way each local has mini locals in them. Which one are you ranked in?

Hmm not sure. Didn't realize all of that. I just know email is from local 8 northern ca

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/11/17 12:36 AM

Eros,
If you look at the local map http://www.eiwpf.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Map.pdfit shows where there are offices within locals. These offices have their own lists. Yes, local 8 covers all of NoCal, but the ranking is most likely only for the San Francisco office.

If the call was a blanket call they would have asked you which office you would like to be listed in whichever one you selected they listed you in.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/11/17 12:43 AM

Str8,

look at the email again, after your ranking it should say where, "You are currently ranked number (X) in (Y) in our applicant pool."

X is your rank
Y is the local office.

If you got ranked in local 80 like I did it would say (taken straight from my email

"You recently interviewed in Elevator Constructors Local 80 and received a passing grade on that interview. You are currently ranked number 8 in Raleigh in our applicant pool."

I picked Raleigh over Durham, Winston Salem, and Greensboro.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/11/17 12:59 AM

Rank 24 in local 8 I also heard that all the employers want to grab from this list first and then the old list smile

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/11/17 02:09 AM

in local 8 the list is for all of local 8 sf to bako to reno. they will usually ask where you live and if you are looking to be outside of SF. There is always a chance that you could get picked up in bako and have to drive back and forth every week and charge for travel. If you decline an offer for hire due to the travel, good luck being in the trade in local 8. Get your prob time in then transfer to where you want to be.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/11/17 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: GreenPants
in local 8 the list is for all of local 8 sf to bako to reno. they will usually ask where you live and if you are looking to be outside of SF. There is always a chance that you could get picked up in bako and have to drive back and forth every week and charge for travel. If you decline an offer for hire due to the travel, good luck being in the trade in local 8. Get your prob time in then transfer to where you want to be.

Didn't hear about that but I'm willing and ready. I know this is an opportunity of a life time so I will do whatever is asked of me.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/12/17 04:10 PM

I believe you could be right hog, but it doesn't mention anything specific in the email. From what I've asked in another thread it seems they can ask you work anywhere regardless of where you live. I'm sure they'll organise things as efficient as possible though. You go where the work is in the trades. From what I asked in the interview, most work is projected to be in Sf for now.

As someone who'd be coming from out of town, I'll have to try to get this clarified a bit to prepare logistically.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/12/17 04:15 PM

And str8outasj, if you read the Austin thread, you'll understand your ranking better. Once this lost goes into effect, the old list is gone, so no companies won't go back to it.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/12/17 05:09 PM

[quote=ElecTech]And str8outasj, if you read the Austin thread, you'll understand your ranking better. Once this lost goes into effect, the old list is gone, so no companies won't go back to it. [/quote
Ooohhh! right on. Soooo sounds like my chances are pretty good!!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/12/17 05:14 PM

you're definitely in, no doubt about it.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/12/17 05:42 PM

Just hard to believe. I thought it took years and several chances. God is good. Thankful though

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/15/17 04:59 PM

Anyone hear anything? I'm wondering if they'll be calling Friday the 19th when the list goes into effect!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/15/17 06:10 PM

I heard they're in need of people so I'm pretty sure they're going to call off the list Friday I will be calling around noon to see what number they're on

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/15/17 07:26 PM

I heard they're in need of people so I'm pretty sure they're going to call off the list Friday I will be calling around noon to see what number they're on

Just spoke to a guy in there and he said the employers have been waiting for a while for this list smile but good idea. Post something here Friday after you call! Daaamn all the ot is really double time smile

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/15/17 08:00 PM

Yep The union takes care of its people for sure! I'll post any new info I recieve from the call

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/15/17 11:22 PM

Anyone know what top out is after the apprenticeship is over?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/16/17 03:51 AM

You begin at 50% rate, so $63.50

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/16/17 03:59 AM

Thanks bro.. Lets see how fast this list moves
Posted By: EleVADER

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/16/17 06:23 AM

Wonder how many BART techs applied..haha

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/16/17 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By: EleVADER
Wonder how many BART techs applied..haha

I don't get it...? LOL

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 02:11 PM

List starts today if anyone gets a call please let us know!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 03:02 PM

Yuuuup. Wonder how long they give you to call back if you miss the phone call

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 03:25 PM

48 Hrs. to call back then they send out a mailer and you have 15 days to respond

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 03:40 PM

Si technically you can gives a weeks notice lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 07:48 PM

Ok ladies. Just heard ... they have already called at least 14 people off the local 8 list. I'm 24. He said give it a month but who knows. If it's going at this rate there should be a lot more phone calls by next week!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 07:54 PM

Who did you talk to? I called and it gave me a bunch of names to talk to

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 07:59 PM

Just heads up I called the local and they pushed me back two spots because of helmets to hard hats so now I'm 123

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 08:02 PM

When I called the local he told me 13 people has gotten a call today so that will make me number 110 now

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 09:00 PM

What is helmets to hard hats? I spoke to Bruce business rep
. He said they call 14

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 09:16 PM

I just googled it and it says it connects quality men and women from the armed forces with promising building and construction careers

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 09:19 PM

Ooohhh probably means I'm pushed too -_-

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 09:35 PM

If he didn't say anything when you told him your number you probably didn't . I just know my number and the numbers after me were pushed back

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 10:03 PM

They don't.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 10:09 PM

Top out is up to the company. Sure $63.50 is mechanics rate (in that local) but you have foreman and adjusters rate that's 12.5% higher. But it's known that companies can and will pay more for quality people. Conversely, they don't care about probationary apprentices, so work your ass off. Cleaning not leaning. No cell phones work safe always.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 10:17 PM

What's cleaning not "leaning" . How could they not care if they need a bunch of us right now and we're the future? Just sayin. Obviously don't be lazy though

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 11:01 PM

Yeah be proactive in the work place. There's always something to do, no time for standing around.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 11:23 PM

That's pretty obvious. I'm sure everyone here knows how serious of an opportunity this is.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 11:33 PM

#12 here checking in and off the list heading in Tuesday for orientation. No idea what company I'll be working for just that its a fast and fluid situation. My inbox is open to any/all advice and is definitely appreciated.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/19/17 11:36 PM

Congrats Joel keep us updated when you can good luck!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/20/17 12:05 AM

You gotta go down to the sf? You going to your other job Monday ? Lol damn I'm curious if you gonna be doin ot right away

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/22/17 05:23 PM

On a side note.. What's every one currently doing for a job/career?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/22/17 07:53 PM

I work for a genomics company. Getting out and getting some real experience so that next time I apply I'm a better candidate.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/22/17 08:34 PM

Anyone call the local today?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/22/17 08:50 PM

Anyone call the local today?

Im in the glazier union after transfer from iron workers cause they were paying enough to provide for my family. Yes I spoke to Jim leanord. I'm number 26, he said I should be expecting a call within the week. They have like 15 guys going in for orientation tomorrow I believe... so my feeling is that the following week they could send another 15 or so to orientation which makes sense if the demand is true to what the word on the street is. I have a friend going to the orientation and he's gonna give me all the details when he can

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/22/17 09:03 PM

Right on str8 on the feedback

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/22/17 10:38 PM

Yeaaaah boyyee

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/17 02:42 AM

Things happen for a reason bro.. Maybe you'll get the experience to put you at the top next time

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/17 02:46 AM

Right on.. Are you a glazier in San Ramon by chance? I'm an electrician apprentice at the city center project

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/17 02:59 AM

Na Santa Clara square. Union electrical apprentice in commercial? Cause if that's the case I would just stick with that man. Elevators plumber and electricians are the top. If anyone's already in one of those unions I would for sure recommend staying. I'm gonna get like a $10 dollar raise right away and wouldn't sell myself short over decades of work switching trades. But electrical would be close over your career financially

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/17 03:55 AM

Na Santa Clara square. Union electrical apprentice in commercial? Cause if that's the case I would just stick with that man. Elevators plumber and electricians are the top. If anyone's already in one of those unions I would for sure recommend staying. I'm gonna get like a $10 dollar raise right away and wouldn't sell myself short over decades of work switching trades. But electrical would be close over your career financially

Nah I'm definitely union. Money wasn't a driving factor for me at all.. I applied thinking the elevator trade would be a better fit because I'd like to do electrical, hydraulics, welding etc. I'm about to be a 4th year apprentice so I might just ride it out. I have a great background but my interview wasn't the best I could've given. So it's not all about the background fellas!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/17 05:04 AM

Where did you place in the list?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/17 06:00 AM

Where did you place in the list?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/17 05:10 PM

Daaaamn what was interview score? I think it also depends on who was doing the interviewing, I had four employees and one older man that pretty much ran the interview and seemed into me. Pretty sure he was some super head honcho old timer . I say this cause your way more qualified then me I think ranked top 30. Luck of the draw

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/17 05:22 PM

87%. I was interviewed by 2 employees and a top guy for Thyssen & Krup I believe. Main person doing the questioning was a lady who I thought really liked my interview.. I wasn't sure about the head honcho and the other guy.

It's all good.. Buying a house in Fremont so I think things happened for a reason. Congrats to you bro! You should start in no time.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/17 08:19 PM

Just called the union they're at ranking number 18

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/17 11:09 PM

Just called the union they're at ranking number 18

Wonderful!
Posted By: Tincanjapan71

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/24/17 03:07 AM

Im new to this forum. I recevied my ranking for the local 8, i got number 98. Anyone have an idea of how fast they will get through the list?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/26/17 01:07 AM

Has anybody who have been called started working yet?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/26/17 03:19 AM

Has anybody who have been called started working yet?

I got a buddy that got scaled last week and started Tuesday. Still waiting to hear from him on here. I guess he must be busy already! From last Friday to today they've called 18 people so far give or take.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/26/17 08:59 PM

Anyone call today?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/26/17 09:24 PM

Anyone call today?

I want to but I've already called like 3 times this week haha so I don't really wanna call lol. Even though I could be like one away. Jim did say I should get a call within the week when I called monday

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/26/17 09:54 PM

Yeah I called multiple times also.ill just wait until you get called in then

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/30/17 07:32 PM

Any word on the current number guys?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/30/17 08:45 PM

Give them a call lol.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/31/17 05:16 PM

They're currently on #19

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/03/17 06:47 PM

To those who have started working:

What have the first few days on the job been like? Is it hard? Overwhelming? What do they expect you to know day one?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/03/17 07:17 PM

To those who have started working:

What have the first few days on the job been like? Is it hard? Overwhelming? What do they expect you to know day one?

I second this. Please respond guys!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/05/17 04:17 AM

Just got the call tonight on Sunday. So I would say they're on 25 now. Orientation tomorrow in sf. I will they back on here afterwards and let you guys know everything. Good luck and congrats everyone!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/05/17 05:04 AM

Just got the call tonight on Sunday. So I would say they're on 25 now. Orientation tomorrow in sf. I will they back on here afterwards and let you guys know everything. Good luck and congrats everyone!

Wow on a Sunday! Congrats brother. Let us know all the details!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/05/17 05:16 AM

Hopefully its past 25 lol wow what time do you have to be at the orientation? Congrats man!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/05/17 07:19 AM

Congratulations str8 !

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/05/17 07:48 PM

Congrats man! Can't wait to hear the deets.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/05/17 10:24 PM

I was at orientation at 8am. There was actually traffic because of an accident on the bay bridge. I had to call and say I would be thirty! Minutes late. I felt horrible. Luckyily the dude hit that same traffic and was cool about it. He was all business and straight to the point with paperwork going as fast as he could to get me to the company, but not in a bad way but cause the company wants you to get into the field as soon as possible lol it seemed.... hall didn't give me any tools but maybe the company might. I was at the hall doing so much paper work and then had to go over to the kone office to do more paperwork and I gotta go back again for a 4 hour online course then I think I'll be in the field. I asked and the guy said he had more guys coming this week for orientation so it's definitely moving. And there's only 2 guys instead of 4 making calls because 2 are out on vacation. He said channel locks screwdriver and tape measure . The company I'm gonna work for gave me an $85 voucher for redwing boots and anything on top you pay the rest. Gonna get steal toe boots tomorrow. Steel toe in mandatory. They're also gonna give me like $300 in clothes lol insurance kicks in after 6 months. There's a lot of responsibility on our part man. It's no joke.

Ps I don't ever recommend the bay bridge. 101 or 280 all the way!
I'll be with kone as a hiree out of sf which kinda sucks cause I'm in Sj. But they can really send you as far as Bakersfield if they want. But they take care of you in regards to hotels and paying for meals when you travel etc etc.

If you guys have any questions let me know on here or private message! One love!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/05/17 11:00 PM

Thanks for the info str8!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/05/17 11:56 PM

Thats awesome man, what number are they on right now? And you just get placed at random?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/06/17 12:44 AM

Congrats man.

Quick question: Did you have to pay union dues or not until after probation?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/06/17 01:08 AM

The company will give you a safety bag. You have to get a pocket knife and s stick rule. That's all the tools you need. No union dues, because you are not members of the union. There are probationary dues. You have one year to prove yourself, during that year the company or union can let you go without any reason.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/06/17 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Tincanjapan71
Thats awesome man, what number are they on right now? And you just get placed at random?

They're probably around 28 right now. Yes you get placed randomly. He said he wanted to try and accommodate my living in Sj area but there's just to much work in sf. So it's as though my home address to them is now sf lol. Better then Reno or Bakersfield I guess.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/06/17 11:35 PM

Called the hall earlier today , lady said they're on number 24. I will call again Friday.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/08/17 11:51 PM

Called the hall earlier today , lady said they're on number 24. I will call again Friday.
that's weird because I was 24.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/09/17 01:34 AM

Yeah I thought the same thing I guess she meant they have called up to the number 24... I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if they did an update

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/09/17 07:23 AM

Have you started working yet? Whats it been like?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/09/17 12:42 PM

Have you started working yet? Whats it been like?

Yes it's been good so far. There is tons and tons to take in though it's crazy. It it's also really awesome and I'm glad to be here!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/13/17 05:15 PM

Theyre on 35 currently if anyone was wondering. Hopefully it goes by faster, i am currently number 63

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/14/17 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Tincanjapan71
Theyre on 35 currently if anyone was wondering. Hopefully it goes by faster, i am currently number 63

Awesome, thanks for the update

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/14/17 01:40 AM

Thanks for the update. I can't see the list moving faster than this though. It's not even been a month and they're on 35. There are many locals across the country that can go months without any movement at all. A cleared bench and a moving list is a blessing.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/14/17 09:16 PM

Just called they're on number 37 so I am currently 86

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/15/17 03:58 AM

Just like the prediction o the stock market crash lol. Everyone said there was tons of work and the employers couldn't wait to get there hands on the new list. 37 already is nuts. The demand is real. One thing I can't and they won't emphasize enough, is to make sure to take care of your paperwork end. A lot of guys are getting cut because they're not taking it seriously and doing their paperwork. It's about more then showing up. They ask a lot of us as probationary apprentices. And ps if you end up with Otis your def looking at 12 hour days and weekends.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/15/17 04:33 AM

What paperwork? Like for the hiring process or work related?

Good to know they have plenty of work. What do they have you doing so far?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/15/17 05:06 PM

Well im just hoping things continue at this pace. Im just excited to start, hopefully in a couple more months. Anyone else have any insite or tips? New info?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/17/17 05:05 AM

What paperwork? Like for the hiring process or work related?

Good to know they have plenty of work. What do they have you doing so far?

Your time sheets. You have to record your hours for everyday on two separate sheets. On top of that you have to make copies and turn them in. Preferbly every month. Some guys get behind and get kicked out. Plus make more copies to keep for yourself just i case. I'm replacing cab interiors right now. Working in repair, not new construction
Posted By: Mr.Penthouse

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/17/17 05:24 AM

What are the hours like ?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/17/17 03:40 PM

From what I know

Construction works 4 ten hour days Monday through Thursday.
Mod & service (including repair) work Monday through Friday 8 hour days.

With the new agreement Mod can work the four day week but that doesn't start until July 7th.
Posted By: Mr.Penthouse

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/18/17 08:35 PM

Thanks...

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/19/17 06:09 PM

I believe that they are around ~#42

And @hog451, do you know of anywhere online we could find the new agreement to read? Or will it only be available after it goes into effect?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/19/17 08:54 PM

I can't find it yet. Since I'm not a union member (probie for a year) I can't ask for it either. I guess we will have to wait and see. I know about the mod hour change because I was in mod. Recently moved to new installation, work in mod slowed down. I actually like new installation work better.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/19/17 09:02 PM

Thanks for the information fellas

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/20/17 01:31 AM

No problem, they are now at at least 47 since I got a call today. Orientation Thursday. My flight leaves in 9 hours.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/20/17 01:34 AM

Congrats!! Let us know how it goes!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/20/17 01:38 AM

Congrats man! What number were you?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/20/17 01:45 AM

I was 47. I don't think I've picked up a phone that fast in my life. Just gotta make the most out of this opportunity now.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/20/17 02:04 AM

Thats crazy i called this morning and they were on 42 the list is moving pretty fast! Number 51 now

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/20/17 02:18 AM

I am number 76 now moving really fast!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/20/17 04:16 AM

I'm 89 now! lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/20/17 04:55 AM

By how fast the list is going I can see august for us or sooner ! @ext1nct

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/22/17 12:43 PM

I was at the meeting last night and I believe I heard him say they were on 54. Congrats guys?
Posted By: Jgonzales

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/22/17 03:22 PM

Any updates on local 18 Las Vegas?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/22/17 07:53 PM

I was at the meeting last night and I believe I heard him say they were on 54. Congrats guys?
[quote=Str8outtasj]

Thanks bro!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/23/17 07:31 PM

Theyre currently on 51! I hope i havent annoyed the lady at the office too much. Ive called 3 times this week already and they have called almost 10 people this week lol getting excited, im number 47 now lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/24/17 05:26 AM

Great!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/26/17 03:34 PM

Has anybody here started in new construction yet?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/28/17 01:57 AM

I think there was one guy in my orientation who was in new construction but I think everyone else was in Mod.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/28/17 02:32 AM

Have they called any more people in ?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/28/17 02:37 AM

I don't know

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/28/17 05:05 PM

Nope they havent called anyone this week, i just called and they are still on number 51

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/28/17 09:01 PM

Thanks!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/28/17 09:15 PM

Just called lady said number 53

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/30/17 10:06 PM

Anyone call today?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/02/17 05:33 PM

When they start getting up to the 300s I'll start calling...

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/03/17 07:38 PM

There at rank number 54

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/03/17 08:56 PM

Thanks! Man it seems like its slowing down a little bit, hopefully not!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/03/17 10:09 PM

Maybe because of Fourth of July and people taking vacations but it's been going pretty fast 54 people in a month and a half is pretty good

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/07/17 05:15 PM

Still on 54

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/07/17 08:03 PM

Thanks bro

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/11/17 07:28 PM

Just called they're at number 61 on the list

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/11/17 10:30 PM

Thanks. So you guys call the hall to find out or the director?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/11/17 10:41 PM

call the hall there will be a lady answering

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/11/17 11:06 PM

How about you don't call, and you wait patiently. The local is most likely tired of the callers. Listen, Skilledbutcher is right, don't get hung up on the list. You are going to wait, and wait and wait.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/11/17 11:46 PM

Then how will the rest of us know what number the list is on? If its steady or slowed down or jumped by 10? I honestly dont think they get calls all day every ten minutes asking what number the list is on. Plus I imagine keeping the lastest number posted here keeps alot more people from calling who otherwise would have.

But what do I know, Im in the mid-300s and have no reason to call for probably 8 to 12 more months.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/12/17 01:45 AM

I try to call once a week and the lady who answers doesnt even ask me for my name anymore, she just greets me by name. Always polite and it doesnt seem like shes annoyed or anything. I do like to keep updated as much as possible to let my current employer a heads up that im almost going to be called. Im not sure how many or how often people do check but its nice being updated.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/12/17 05:02 AM

How about you don't call, and you wait patiently. The local is most likely tired of the callers. Listen, Skilledbutcher is right, don't get hung up on the list. You are going to wait, and wait and wait.

You're not from the bay area are you? No where else would the list move as fast as it has here. Cranes are popping up like rabbits -- and cranes mean lots of jobs. The point of this thread was to keep each other updated so we're not all calling as much. Let's stay optimistic
Posted By: skilledbutcher73

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/12/17 09:00 PM

You're not from the bay area are you? No where else would the list move as fast as it has here. Cranes are popping up like rabbits -- and cranes mean lots of jobs. The point of this thread was to keep each other updated so we're not all calling as much. Let's stay optimistic

Uh...I was number 12 in Austin, Texas...one of the fastest growing cities in the US....granted the bay area is growing fast but trust me...if u see all the cranes in Austin you would THINK they would be calling ppl left and right...trust me that is exactly what i was thinking as well...A lot if it has to do with the types of elevators and what kind....how big of a crew they need ...how many mods are they doing , repair work...laid off guys on the list...way WAY to many factors...and trust me ..as fast as they call u they can lay u off and u will be out back on the bench ... hopefully not Long, but it can be a few months

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/12/17 09:14 PM

Local 8 isnt in one city though, not even just the Bay Area, its all of Northern California. Norcals population is estimated at 15 million. Thats a huge area to cover for everything elevators.

I think most of us like to know what number the list is on so we can get things in order with our current work situations too. Since you said as quick as you get called you can be laid off. I know I'd like to leave my job in good standing when I get the call so I can be able to come back should I get laid of.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/13/17 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: skilledbutcher73

Uh...I was number 12 in Austin, Texas...one of the fastest growing cities in the US....granted the bay area is growing fast but trust me...if u see all the cranes in Austin you would THINK they would be calling ppl left and right...trust me that is exactly what i was thinking as well...A lot if it has to do with the types of elevators and what kind....how big of a crew they need ...how many mods are they doing , repair work...laid off guys on the list...way WAY to many factors...and trust me ..as fast as they call u they can lay u off and u will be out back on the bench ... hopefully not Long, but it can be a few months

Well, books are empty and the calls keep coming, so I'm sure many of us are getting excited as our ticket gets closer. Again, the point of this thread was to keep each other informed so we know when its getting close... Whether its 2 weeks from now or a year and a half. I like to stay prepared so its nice to know that other people have the same mindset and are calling to find out.

Lay offs go hand in hand with construction, I'm well aware -- but our foot is in the door once the call comes in. One can only hope it continues

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/18/17 10:25 PM

Called, still at 61 that makes me 62

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/18/17 11:22 PM

Called, still at 61 that makes me 62

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/25/17 05:15 PM

Someone must have been put on the bench im currently 38 and was at 37... so that would mean they are on number 60
Posted By: Stacks707

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/07/17 12:35 AM

Hey guys new to the forum just found this, I think it's pretty cool. Has anyone know the updated rank?

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/07/17 02:04 AM

I called last week they are currently on number 62. What rank are you at? Welcome to the forum

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/07/17 03:33 AM

If they are at 62 I should be ranked currently at 46. I'm excited I'm counting down the days and I'm losing it lol

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/07/17 04:21 AM

Lol man im right there with you. Im currently at 36 and from what i hear things will be picking up really soon so they will need a lot more people. Maybe in th next two months we will be called

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/07/17 09:35 PM

July was a slow month but I also heard it should be picking back up

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/10/17 09:13 PM

Just called they are at rank number 67 . So I am now 56

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/10/17 10:31 PM

Thanks for the update Eros!! I was gonna call next week. Tysennkrupp is actually working on an elevator at my work. I see them everyday it's not making it easier to wait lol

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/10/17 11:24 PM

No problem. Haha I bet lol.. had someone tell me today they're going to pick back up start calling a bunch of people in so we're almost there
Posted By: Esco

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/13/17 05:26 PM

I'm currently 117 from 176 back from May 19 anyoy New apprentices on here can tell us what happens after the call?

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/13/17 06:05 PM

You should be at 109 if theyre currently on 67

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/13/17 07:18 PM

Here's what happens: You get excited. They tell you where to do a urinalysis (1 day). You wait until the results are back (2-3 days). You show up to the office and you take a safety class (1-2 days).

You get assigned to a mechanic. He can treat you either really good or like you're a moron. You're the latter. You should have on you at all times: your safety gear (Hardhat, gloves, sleeves, glasses, knee pads and harness), a pocket knife (no longer than a 3" blade), a pen, a small notebook (try to find a hardbound one that's durable) and a stick rule that you'll use once a month.

You'll screw up a lot and some of you won't make it. The job is not easy, it's also not hard. Psychologically it can be rough. Your mechanic is under no obligation to help you in anyway. Some mechanics will teach you; some only want you to lift heavy stuff. Try to learn as much as possible.

In one year, your probationary status will cease, so they can't just get rid of you. But until then you could fart and be run off. Good Luck!

Also, mechanics and other members of the Union have no idea when they're going to hire new people the Business Rep might. So whatever scuttlebutt you've heard you can take with a grain of salt. The word is in my local that there's more work than we can handle and they're going to hire as many people as possible (they've hired four in six months). Don't buy into the BS the wait will be long.

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/13/17 07:25 PM

Are you from the bay area? They have hired 67 people in like 3 months. Not sure what local only hired 4 in 6 months

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/13/17 08:16 PM

I'm Local 80. We're the #2 fastest growing area in the US. Austin is #1 BTW. Bay Area is up there. The four guys hired is only from my company. I'm not sure what the others are doing.

Sure they hired 67 people in 3 months BUT did they fire them? NO. Are the jobs they are on lasting forever? NO. Do they lay them off just to hire off the list? NO. These 67 guys are attached to 67 mechanics that's 67 units that can be worked on. And at an average of 2-3 weeks per elevator that's roughly 20 elevators a week that is completed.

This is not including the other 900 plus mechanics and helpers. that would increase the amount of jobs completed. Including them it's what 500 units at a time 2.5 weeks a job 225 done a week? That's a lot of units complete for that level of population. Where do they go when the job is done? They go to the next job. And don't think a company won't stall a job start so they don't have to hire anyone else.

You are being absolutely delusional if you think that hire rate is going to continue. If I were ranked higher than 150 I'd be thinking about maybe doing something else or bulking up for the next round of interviews. You have to know that the companies can request a new list once the 1st Tier level of interviewee's has been hired (that's an interview grade of 95% or higher).

Re: Local 8 - SF update - 08/14/17 05:07 AM

Thanks for the info fellas.

I hear a lot of the mechanics are baby boomers.. How true is that? I'm wondering if a lot of guys are retiring this year in local 8.

This local is massive, it spans all northern california and reno.. 67 in 3 months sounds high but there's a lot to cover... Guys retire, or get hurt and go on disability, and maybe even get promoted to a salary position. Those are some other factors as well

Re: Local 8 - SF - 08/21/17 09:47 PM

Anyone called the local today or last week?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 08/21/17 10:00 PM

Called last Thursday still on 67

Re: Local 8 - SF - 08/21/17 10:13 PM

Called this morning theyre on 66

Re: Local 8 - SF - 08/22/17 12:38 AM

Why does it go up and down I've notice that. They call up someone and put them back in the list? Any ideas?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 08/30/17 05:03 PM

Has anybody called lately?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 08/30/17 09:35 PM

I'll call them up tomorrow

Re: Local 8 - SF - 08/30/17 10:37 PM

I called monday theyre on 66

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/01/17 06:20 PM

Just called they're on number 73

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/01/17 10:12 PM

Nice...sounds like it's moving again.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/03/17 06:07 PM

Heard there's going to be new construction coming soon

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/07/17 07:28 PM

Called number 75 now .makes me 48

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/11/17 05:03 PM

Theyre on 76 now went up 1

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/11/17 05:14 PM

Thanks bro

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/11/17 08:18 PM

Hey does anybody know what would happen if you get the call but have a broken arm? Would they just say tough Crap and move on to the next person on the list?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/11/17 08:39 PM

That's a good question I would call them directly and get a straight answer
Posted By: Stacks415

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/13/17 06:58 PM

Why every time someone post a ranking, I call a few days later and it seems like my rank doesn't move like I'm stuck at 35

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/14/17 06:36 PM

I called also they said I'm on number 48 so the rank is 77

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/14/17 07:50 PM

The rank now is 75.. made a mistake

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/19/17 12:20 AM

Hey does anybody know what the schooling situation is? How many days a week? how long etc.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/19/17 01:13 AM

From what I heard it's one day a week for 4 hours after work idk if you get to choose the days or anything

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/19/17 01:32 AM

4 hours a week, like a college course. And FYI the first 6 months is online, You must have the probie courses complete before you can start the 1st year apprentice courses. You cannot do them all at once, one probie course opens a month. You do not get the 2nd year raise until your first two semesters are completed (probie semester is not one of them). You might need hours to also qualify, I don't know I don't have that problem.

And stop worrying about this crap, you have to start working first.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/19/17 09:54 PM

Thanks for the info.

I'll stop worrying about this crap that can have a huge impact on my life now.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/21/17 06:56 PM

Rank now is 77

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/27/17 06:31 AM

How many people do you think they're gonna take this year

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/28/17 05:38 PM

Rank number at 81

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/28/17 05:39 PM

At stacks I don't think anyone can tell it's goes by the week

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/28/17 07:27 PM

I just called its at 80

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/28/17 07:33 PM

Nice!!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 09/28/17 09:05 PM

Steady movin

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/04/17 05:38 PM

Called my buddy few days ago. He said Otis got a lot of work come the new year. Incase anyone is wondering what's going on in the industry.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/04/17 08:23 PM

Thanks for the info!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/05/17 07:20 PM

Theyre on 84! Currently number 14

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/05/17 11:18 PM

Thanks for the update

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/12/17 09:39 PM

They're at rank #88

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/12/17 10:18 PM

Just checked its 87*

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/12/17 10:22 PM

Does the lady tell you your rank number? Or what number they are currently on? It seems to me like we are always off by one number.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/12/17 10:41 PM

Tells me my rank number . Right now I'm 35 and started at 123 so I just subtract

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/12/17 11:38 PM

Weird lol cause i started at 98 and i called and im 11 so its at 87

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/13/17 01:20 AM

Yeah that's weird haha I don't know what's going on lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/13/17 06:24 PM

Posted By: Joaquin

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/17/17 08:24 AM

Hey guys, first post here. Ranked #302 after interview. Emailed James Leonard and he told me I've gone up to #227 they moved about 80 places

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/17/17 04:41 PM

Welcome to the local 8 thread.

I wonder why peoples rank are moving at different rates?
Posted By: The one true moo

Re: Local 8 - SF - 10/25/17 03:16 PM

Just some insight, I think everyone is moving at the same speed. In July I called in to put myself in vacation mode (they skip you and put you back in the ranking if you're called while you're on vacation)

The guy I talked to also informed me I was 104 and not 101 which was what my email said, he mentioned I got bumped by a few candidates from helmets to hardhats.

As of last Friday I was ranked 14. According to what the guy told me that means 90 people have been called.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/01/17 06:05 PM

Anyone call this week?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/01/17 08:48 PM

Rank number hasn't moved

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/08/17 07:52 PM

There at rank number 94

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/08/17 09:21 PM

Thanks for the update , I called yesterday it didnt seem to mov. What rank did you start with Eros?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/08/17 09:48 PM

I started at 123 so it makes me at rank 29. their phone line is down so the line re directed to a union steward and he said they have hired 94 ppl off the list

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/09/17 05:45 PM

Just called seems like theyre at number 88

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/09/17 06:00 PM

Yup you're right she said I'm 34 which makes it 89 on the list idk why we're always off one

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/09/17 08:29 PM

Yea not sure why, but damn ive been stuck at number 10. Hopefully get picked up soon

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/09/17 08:43 PM

It's probably the holidays

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/16/17 01:54 AM

I got an email about a week ago saying :

"You have previously received a passing score on the Elevator Industry Aptitude Test (EIAT). You will be contacted by email in the next few weeks to schedule you for an interview with our Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC)."

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/16/17 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Joaquin

"You have previously received a passing score on the Elevator Industry Aptitude Test (EIAT). You will be contacted by email in the next few weeks to schedule you for an interview with our Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC)."

Did you apply to any other apprenticeships? Like Reno? I only ask because I applied to several locals before I got hired and since you only have to take the EIAT once, you get that email when they file other other test takers.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/18/17 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by hog451

Did you apply to any other apprenticeships? Like Reno? I only ask because I applied to several locals before I got hired and since you only have to take the EIAT once, you get that email when they file other other test takers.

Reno is in Local 8 territory. There wouldnt be a Reno apprenticeship, or a Reno local.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/18/17 08:53 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/18/17 04:59 PM

Each one of those circles represents an area within a local. Each area has their own apprenticeships and rankings, we've gone over this before. Local 8 had just closed the application process for Reno (one of those circles).

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/19/17 12:49 AM

Dude get it through your head there is only one ranking system for the entire local 8 jurisdiction.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/19/17 04:37 AM

Westcoast is correct, only one apprenticeship list for local 8. We get assigned according to where we live, so if our base is SF and we have work in Reno we get per-diem and mileage. I think we also get a % increase in wage but I may be wrong.
Posted By: dmart144

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/19/17 03:45 PM

Listen to hog, he knows everything
Posted By: MVM

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/19/17 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by dmart144
Listen to hog, he knows everything

😂😂😂

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/19/17 06:37 PM

Peace.
Posted By: Joe45

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/23/17 01:19 AM

Hog is right. Couple of my buddies just applied to the Reno list that was just open. Same thing with local 18 there are two local 18 list one for LA and the other for Vegas.
Posted By: Rique925

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/23/17 07:11 AM

Just applied to Reno, I'm from the East Bay Im driving there on Tuesday to go take my test the next morning, eventually when I get my interview i hope I do well because that's what's really going to count! I'm kind've nervous I'd appreciate any pointers!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/23/17 07:09 PM

Happy thanks giving nerds
Posted By: Joe45

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/26/17 12:16 AM

Rigue925 here are a couple threads that have a lot of information on what you are looking for:

http://www.vatortrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=18589&page=12

http://www.vatortrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=10420&page=all

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/26/17 03:40 AM

Thanks joe45

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/28/17 10:42 AM

I saw Reno was hiring so I started the process. When i saw it was still local 8 I didn't continue. Still received that email. We'll see what happens.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/04/17 10:31 PM

Anyone call the hall?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/05/17 12:51 AM

They have been stuck on 88. I hear they wont call anymore till january. Most likely to avoid paying holidays, from what i hear anyways... lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/05/17 02:12 AM

That’s what I figured . Thanks for the update

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/15/17 03:26 AM

I heard our local starts over again in 2018 so people who applied to Reno this November will get in the list first compared to people who applied to SF in 2016 are done...

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/15/17 03:57 AM

2016 been done there’s a new list for Sf as of May 2017

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/15/17 04:20 AM

I think that’s another local for Reno that local 8 doesn’t cover

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/16/17 01:34 AM

Reno is local 8, same jurisdiction.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/16/17 03:47 AM

Why would they redo the test in Reno for northern Cali when most of the people in local 8 are from the Bay Area

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/16/17 03:50 AM

I would think they would send out an email stating that they are re doing the list

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/16/17 04:06 AM

they probably have a different list for nevada even though its still local 8.i would assume just like LA local 18 with Vegas same local different list

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/16/17 04:53 AM

Yeah maybe different list, but once you pass the test you don’t have to take it ever again.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/16/17 05:02 AM

Yeah man I’m from the east bay but I’m going to work for Reno since I missed SF last year, passed my exam and now I have my interview in early January, most likely I’m moving out there for the time being but I’ll have my foot in the door and maybe Jim will put me back out here next year when SF opens up again.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/16/17 06:07 AM

Good luck in your interview! I’m also from the east bay but Yeah there’s a possibility I heard just pass probation and put in a request you should be fine

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/16/17 08:01 AM

thanks brotha for the words of encouragement i hope it all goes according to plan!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/20/17 04:03 AM

Can anyone help me out with what interview questions they will ask? I’d appreciate the heads up .

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/27/17 01:20 AM

Heard there will be a lot of hiring in January fellas

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/28/17 04:29 AM

Does anyone know if I get the call if I would have enough time to put in two weeks at my jobs? They know that I’m out the moment I get the call but ideally I would like to put two weeks in so I don’t leave them high and dry.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/28/17 04:35 AM

Be prepared to leave them high and dry if they dont know that youre leaving. You get the call and you need to report when they tell you

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/28/17 05:04 AM

From what I heard you got to quit and go .cant put in two weeks because they need that spot filled in ASAP in the union

@stacks what rank number are you at the moment?
Posted By: JustWolf

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/28/17 04:33 PM

When you get the call, that is when they need you. Remember they can call the next guy and you won't get called again. Simple as that.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/28/17 07:47 PM

Screw that...they call im out my old job can worry about it, im a teacher and id be at the union hall in 30 minutes lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/28/17 08:02 PM

@eros - I’m not sure I got ranked 108, last time I called in like November I was like 22. It went up and down and I think it was because of helmets to hard hats I didn’t ask. I’m going to call the hall again next week.

@esco- lol that’s funny. My job is whatever I’m a bowling alley mechanic.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/28/17 08:48 PM

Your at 22 your in by febuary ...im 89 right now smh, id leave in the middle of class...gotta go kiddos see you around

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/29/17 12:25 AM

Stacks your in next month for sure

Re: Local 8 - SF - 12/29/17 12:27 AM

I’m 34 I will be in by February also atleast from what I heard

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/02/18 06:32 PM

I was 14 last I checked, the lady said I should be in within the first two weeks of the new year.

I'm a CWI so either way it's fine with me. Going to take an initial paycut for a year or so.... Plus traveling to SF from Auburn.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/02/18 06:37 PM

Damn from sac...i think ariund june or July im in , which is fine can get more time in my teacher retirement, but if i get the call sooner...im out i dont care if bell just rang to stsrt class

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/02/18 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by The one true moo
I was 14 last I checked, the lady said I should be in within the first two weeks of the new year.

I'm a CWI so either way it's fine with me. Going to take an initial paycut for a year or so.... Plus traveling to SF from Auburn.

Nice!! Let us know when you get the call bro

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/03/18 08:27 PM

They are still on number 88 which leaves me still at 10. Hopefully the list gets moving soon

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/08/18 07:40 PM

Does anybody know if they started making calls yet?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/08/18 09:22 PM

Not sure but I will call on Thursday

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/09/18 12:36 AM

Yea best bet is calling late thursday or even friday. Ive noticed they mainly call people on thursday, possibly because the union work week starts on friday and ends Thursday

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/09/18 12:31 PM

So typical call occurs on a Thursday to report on friday?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/09/18 03:13 PM

From what ive noticed. And since their work week starts friday its makes sense to call people ofg the list thursdays and start them friday next day
Posted By: Pdxelev

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/10/18 07:21 AM

Just an opinion...
Have a medium to small sized pair of channel locks, preferably knipex, pencil/pen, small pad of paper, and under no circumstances do what that hog character said and show up with a stick rule. You will Likely be ridiculed on the west coast. 16' standard tape or 25' if that's what you have. No bob the builder crap and no monster 35' Milwaukee thing. Get some comfortable and light boots especially if you're in construction. A lot of guys don't wear what ironworkers and carpenters wear for boots because we stand/walk on concrete or car tops all day. Keen steel toes are highly recommended around these parts. Break in whatever you get before you're hired! I've seen a couple probies have to quit due to horrible blisters on their feet.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/10/18 07:23 AM

Thanks for the advice

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/10/18 01:31 PM

I prefer redwing work boots, after 9 (this is my 10th year) in construction I have learned to put good money out for boots. Your body will thank you..... Hell I wear them more than my normal shoes

Also I will mention one thing I learned from an Otis foreman (and an old copy of their union master agreement) get certified for nr232 in all positions, if you are certified to weld and perform welding of any sort you get mechanics pay aaka 63 an hour not including the bargained raise they got last July.

I've been inspecting the structural half of the elevator guide rails that the iron workers put in for years and have talked to many elevator foremen.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/10/18 08:32 PM

I am stick weld Certified.. I will look into 2/32s thank you

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/10/18 08:48 PM

What exactly do you mean by the work week starts Friday? Like you work Friday through Tuesday? Or is that just when the pay period begins?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/10/18 09:30 PM

They get paid every Thursday so the new work week starts friday. So just the pay period.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/11/18 01:06 AM

Nr232 is a wire classification. It's generally .072 flux core out of a ln25. If you can pass 4g and 3g stick then 232 should be cake... The only thing is the deposition rate is insane.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/11/18 02:15 AM

Got it thanks yeah I am 3&4g certified

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/11/18 09:47 PM

Just called I moved up one space to 21

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/11/18 11:30 PM

Nice

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/13/18 10:36 PM

what questions do they ask you in the interview?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/14/18 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rique925

99.9% of us went in not knowing what questions to expect, so in all fairness you should too. Just prepare yourself for general interview questions and some regarding your experience.

You have about 15-20 minutes to sell yourself, bring copies of all supporting documents for any licenses or certificates you may have. Be 100% you, don't try to answer in other ways that are not you, because interviewers can see through that. Wear slacks/khakis and a nice button up, don't need a suit.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/14/18 06:55 PM

I called Thursday and hadnt moved at all, still 89. They called 1 person in the last 3 months jas the well ran dry, or is winter months normal for no new hires

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/15/18 12:42 AM

A couple posts ago they said usually no new probies around this time but it picks back up Jan-Feb. we just have to wait and see...

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/18/18 08:00 PM

List has moved 4 guys off the list I am now at #30

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/19/18 04:06 AM

Excellent news. I hope I get picked up by the end of the month. Thanks for the update

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/21/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ext1nct

99.9% of us went in not knowing what questions to expect, so in all fairness you should too. Just prepare yourself for general interview questions and some regarding your experience.

You have about 15-20 minutes to sell yourself, bring copies of all supporting documents for any licenses or certificates you may have. Be 100% you, don't try to answer in other ways that are not you, because interviewers can see through that. Wear slacks/khakis and a nice button up, don't need a suit.

thank you brotha

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/21/18 09:24 PM

I would say bring three copies of everything. I brought three copies and interviewed in front of three people so it was perfect.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/22/18 07:57 PM

I brought 2 copies and there was 4 frown

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/24/18 03:28 AM

Spoke to my boy says big hiring end feb thru middle march so if your 1-40 be ready

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/24/18 07:18 AM

Thanks for the info esco

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/02/18 02:33 AM

Anyone call the hall?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/02/18 05:44 AM

Same number

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/12/18 05:44 PM

Hopefully it’s gone up since the last time someone asked.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/12/18 07:58 PM

No change

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/15/18 10:36 PM

They're at 91 ..I'm 44 on the list

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/15/18 11:46 PM

The list moved?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/16/18 01:57 AM

I called earlier still same number ive been stuck at 6 for a few weeks now so 92 is what they are on

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/16/18 07:32 PM

Thats sounds about right. Sh!# needs to start moving

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/16/18 08:39 PM

I think the list moved

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/16/18 09:05 PM

I just got the phone call! I have to report tuesday 7:30 at the hall.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/16/18 09:13 PM

Congrats . Assuming they stopped at 6 I should be 11 on the list. If anyone calls please update!!!!

My foot is half way out th door at work I’m about to take off running to the hall. Lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/16/18 10:31 PM

Congrats man, thats awesome! At least 6 calls today then... Keep us posted and let us know where you're headed too

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/16/18 10:49 PM

Thanks guys! And i think im getting picked up where i have been working the past year with Unique Elevator. Im a welder/fabricator for their shop (non union) but now getting switched over to their field (union side)

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/17/18 12:17 AM

Congrats on your new journey!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/17/18 01:48 AM

If anyone is interested I believe local 39stationary engineer is opening up soon. I read in their monthly magazines a lot of my friends I went to school with work in hospitals as stationary engineers.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/18/18 08:07 PM

Hey so how does the call work? I know you go to orientation and then what? Do you have to take a physical and the drug test that same day too? How soon do you go to work after the call?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/19/18 12:03 AM

Im not 100% sure ill find out on tuesday and post on here

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/19/18 06:03 PM

Congrats tincan and for sure let us know what its like that first week

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/20/18 07:00 PM

I called this morning and they only moved one off the list....anybody else call?

I’m not understanding because Tin was number 6 for a while if I’m not mistaken

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/20/18 08:01 PM

Unsure how true this is but a foreman told me you get 2 calls. You can pass the first one up ie if you live in Auburn (like me} and get dispatched to San Jose. Then you pray you get a call from Sacramento (Roseville has a huge hospital about to take off with Otis).

It's a gamble but I'll probably take the first call and commute once a week. You can transfer in 6 months from what I understand.

Edit- Also unsure but in local 3 a company can pull a specific person from the list when they are close enough. That could be the situation here.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/20/18 08:22 PM

I met number 99 today in my orientation it was him abd me. I was 98 when I started. Be prepared for a lot paper work and signing stuff. They explain as much as they can and it is a little bit overwhelming and a lot of information to take in. Took about 2 and half hours. Then they send you to the job site right after. ( to whichever company youre assigned to) really important to just keep up with your time card among other paperwork and attend the monthly probie meetings.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/20/18 09:31 PM

Unsure how true this is but a foreman told me you get 2 calls. You can pass the first one up ie if you live in Auburn (like me} and get dispatched to San Jose. Then you pray you get a call from Sacramento (Roseville has a huge hospital about to take off with Otis).

It's a gamble but I'll probably take the first call and commute once a week. You can transfer in 6 months from what I understand.

Edit- Also unsure but in local 3 a company can pull a specific person from the list when they are close enough. That could be the situation here.

local 3? as in operating engineers? and i heard it was a year to transfer? i applied with reno so hopefully i get to move up in the ranks to get to work quicker in roseville.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/21/18 11:40 AM

Yeah the operators, I journied out as a operator and inspector... 23 an hour raise coming here, we have the opposite plan xfer, I have a second house in Fernley and commuting once a week to the bay is doable too.

Joe the foreman I was talking about lives in Reno and just stays near whatever job during the week, would keep the missus from bitching at me 🤣.

Exit when I called yesterday I had only moved 1 spot. Number 9, originally ranked at 101

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/21/18 08:00 PM

Yeah the operators, I journied out as a operator and inspector... 23 an hour raise coming here, we have the opposite plan xfer, I have a second house in Fernley and commuting once a week to the bay is doable too.

Joe the foreman I was talking about lives in Reno and just stays near whatever job during the week, would keep the missus from bitching at me 🤣.

Exit when I called yesterday I had only moved 1 spot. Number 9, originally ranked at 101

nice man, my pops works for bigge out in san leandro, a lot of money to be made out there as well but he even says elevators is where its at

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/23/18 03:38 AM

Tincan whats the update bro 1st week down

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/23/18 12:10 PM

First few days have been sweet man, hours for me are 6-2:30 anything before or after that is double time. My mechanic is pretty chill so that helps out a lot, just need to keep up with all the time cards and everything else. Also it’s very important to keep everything nice and neat in a folder and have copies of everything.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/23/18 05:08 PM

Nice, good info. Can't lie a little worried now, you were 3 ahead of me but im still 9 according to the girl at the hall. I really wonder if you can get specifically pulled off the list...

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/23/18 06:13 PM

Probably got pulled because he was close enough t makes sense what are the chances of him ending back at his shop. His company wanted to keep him.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/23/18 06:42 PM

Just called they moved two I’m now 27

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/23/18 06:43 PM

Moo thanks for the response brotha

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/24/18 07:38 AM

Hey Tincan: Congrats on getting to work. I wanted to ask how much are you expected to know on day one?

Hey True Moo: I’ve always heard that people on the list who “know somebody” can get pulled to work regardless of their rank. Not just with the IUEC but with similar unions/lists. A “it’s not what you know but who you know” kind of thing.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/25/18 04:58 AM

I hate that the nickname was too long, my nickname in real life is Moose....
My buddy said they can't pull on this list, after I get home next week from vacation I'll have to call him... Maybe he can pull me in, would be sweet.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/25/18 08:54 PM

Right on moose

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/26/18 09:18 PM

Just called 14 on the list. Started at 108

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/26/18 09:21 PM

Did it move? What number were u before 14?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/26/18 10:33 PM

I’m not sure if it moved . Everyone’s number seems to be off a bit. If tincan was6 I was 17 at the time and I should of been 11. But when I called I’m 14. Sooo I’m not too sure.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/27/18 02:56 AM

Well im 80 now quite a ways down started at 176

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/27/18 11:14 PM

#25 now

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/02/18 01:09 AM

Tincan...so whats life like 2 weeks in now ...dying to know what we have in store

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/05/18 10:30 PM

Well depends really where you are placed ive talked to other guys who have shitty mechanics, and by shitty i mean they treat you like Crap. My mechanic is cool and the days go by quickly, theres a lot to take in. Take notes on everything that you can. Keep up with th time cards and other paperwork. Besides that everything is awesome!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/06/18 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tincanjapan71
Well depends really where you are placed ive talked to other guys who have shitty mechanics, and by shitty i mean they treat you like Crap. My mechanic is cool and the days go by quickly, theres a lot to take in. Take notes on everything that you can. Keep up with th time cards and other paperwork. Besides that everything is awesome!

What kind of work do they have you doing as a probie? What are the hours like?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/06/18 04:06 AM

Monday thru friday 6-2:30 and im currently doing just cab interiors. Demo/removal of old interiors and puttint in new interiors, a lot of detail finish work

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/07/18 03:02 AM

Sounds good man! Can I ask how much your expected to know from day one moving forward?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/07/18 03:41 AM

to be honest going into this trade they dont expect you to know much, they know you passed your test/interview and some tool knowledge. You go in and just follow directions. If you don’t know ask. Youre pretty much just a grunt for the first year just whatever they ask you to do. I got lucky and have experience and know our material ( i used to make our product) but now installing them. Just show up at least half an hour early everday and be prepared you will be fine

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/07/18 09:25 PM

Anyone called this week?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/07/18 09:46 PM

to be honest going into this trade they dont expect you to know much, they know you passed your test/interview and some tool knowledge. You go in and just follow directions. If you don’t know ask. Youre pretty much just a grunt for the first year just whatever they ask you to do. I got lucky and have experience and know our material ( i used to make our product) but now installing them. Just show up at least half an hour early everday and be prepared you will be fine

Ok cool thanks for the info.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/08/18 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Stacks415
Anyone called this week?

Called this morning hasn’t moved

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/09/18 11:34 PM

Called moved two spots

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/10/18 12:13 AM

everytime i call prudence or jim never answer..whens the best time to call?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/10/18 12:33 AM

I don’t call them I call the hall the lady answers

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/10/18 01:33 AM

oh ok

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/10/18 07:51 PM

What number are you? When you. Call the hall they usually don’t pick up right away then it goes to ole voice mail extensions. If no one picks up just call again later

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/10/18 08:18 PM

What number are you? When you. Call the hall they usually don’t pick up right away then it goes to ole voice mail extensions. If no one picks up just call again later

im 36 on the reno list, i missed the sf one.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/14/18 10:15 PM

Just got called, number 101 on the list when I started. Have a good one mates.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/14/18 10:28 PM

Congrats moose!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/15/18 01:38 AM

Great...were you 75 originally?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/16/18 06:11 PM

Called number 19

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/16/18 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Eros
Called number 19

What were you originally Eros

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/16/18 11:59 PM

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/17/18 12:43 AM

If my math is right should make me 72 now if my originap is number was 176

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/18/18 03:49 AM

There’s so much building going on in Norcal. It seems like every week here in Sacramento they approve of another building. Everytime I hear it I think “elevators” lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/18/18 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by westcoast
There’s so much building going on in Norcal. It seems like every week here in Sacramento they approve of another building. Everytime I hear it I think “elevators” lol

I kinda want to go to sac get that extra dough rent a room lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/18/18 08:45 PM

I think they give you hotel spot to stay all on them from what I heard

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/19/18 01:18 AM

I think they give you hotel spot to stay all on them from what I heard

I thought it was that extra out of territory pay...if anyone in has a answer?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/19/18 01:23 AM

Different zone pays, the highest is “per diem” 87 bucks a day, then i think its time and half for drive time and 67 cents per mile. If youre out of SF everything is based from the center of the bay bridge. Thats like your home base and miles and zones range from the distance from that point

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/19/18 03:15 PM

Different zone pays, the highest is “per diem” 87 bucks a day, then i think its time and half for drive time and 67 cents per mile. If youre out of SF everything is based from the center of the bay bridge. Thats like your home base and miles and zones range from the distance from that point

Im from east bay but ill gladly be stationed in sac ..bay money living in sac

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/19/18 07:06 PM

I just called . I usually call every two weeks but I missed it last week. Anyways. I’m number 6 started at 108
Posted By: Pgarza510

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/21/18 03:23 AM

Wassup y'all, just joined the forum. Got on the SF list this last go around. Started at 175 and think I'm around #71 now going off Eros who keeps me updated on FB every time she calls in. Can't wait to get called(like everyone else) lmao

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/21/18 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pgarza510
Wassup y'all, just joined the forum. Got on the SF list this last go around. Started at 175 and think I'm around #71 now going off Eros who keeps me updated on FB every time she calls in. Can't wait to get called(like everyone else) lmao

Im literally 1 behind you i started at 176..currently 74 as of this morning whats your f

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/21/18 03:45 AM

Lol! Welcome to the forum bro! This is the best place for updates

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/30/18 12:40 AM

Just called no movement

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/30/18 02:17 AM

Got the same answer... hopefully keeps moving in Q2

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/30/18 05:10 AM

I need it too. ...whats your fb ill add you bro

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/31/18 04:28 AM

Check your pm

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/10/18 05:55 PM

Who ever wants to start a group chat on fb pm your name

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/18/18 07:10 PM

Has anyone called the hall? I assume no movement.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/18/18 10:40 PM

No movement there’s ppl on bench at the moment

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/18/18 11:15 PM

What does that mean in the bench? Like laid off?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/19/18 12:15 AM

Means currently out of a job they’re waiting for a position to be open to get back to work... in order for them to pull off the list the bench needs to be emptied first... they go first

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/19/18 01:46 AM

anybody applying for vegas in a couple months?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/19/18 07:27 PM

How many people are in the bench?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/19/18 10:25 PM

I’m thinking about it

How many people are in the bench?

Was told 12 or 13

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/24/18 03:23 AM

Idk, not sure how it is for elevator guys but the electricians are dried up out there. All of them are traveling out of the local looking for work... We've hired quite a few at Chevron

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/25/18 07:04 PM

called yesterday nothing moved if anyone is curious . Still at 6 started at 108

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/03/18 09:43 PM

Anyone called this week?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/03/18 10:22 PM

No movement

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/03/18 11:50 PM

A bunch of people got layed off i think theres about 20 people on the bench right now

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/04/18 01:18 AM

Well damn

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/04/18 01:19 AM

Might have to re apply next year

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/04/18 05:48 PM

if your number 19 youll probably be called end of summer

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/04/18 06:05 PM

I hope so it’s been really slow this year

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/04/18 06:22 PM

I hope so it’s been really slow this year

yeah it has, the reno list hasnt even hired one person so far since it started in the mid feb

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/04/18 07:14 PM

Yeah wasn’t expecting this but keeping my hopes up

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/04/18 11:37 PM

No you won't; you'll get called. Just be ready to go.

Other guys? Maybe. Maybe not. But by then they've had two years to improve in the next go round. This is not an easy trade to get into and stay in. Lots of guys fail/quit/give up, don't be one of them. It is worth it.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/18 12:29 AM

No you won't; you'll get called. Just be ready to go.

Other guys? Maybe. Maybe not. But by then they've had two years to improve in the next go round. This is not an easy trade to get into and stay in. Lots of guys fail/quit/give up, don't be one of them. It is worth it.

Thanks for the advice hog

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/18 12:30 AM

[quote=Eros]I hope so it’s been really slow this year

I’d suggest to apply for SF if your not called in by next year

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/18 02:04 AM

When are they supposed to start the application process again? Jan. 2019?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/18 02:52 AM

That’s my guess every two years

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/18 09:07 AM

@eros , why don’t you think you’ll get in aren’t you number 26?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/18 04:33 PM

[quote=Eros]I hope so it’s been really slow this year

I’d suggest to apply for SF if your not called in by next year

yeah thats the plan 👍

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/05/18 06:58 PM

@eros , why don’t you think you’ll get in aren’t you number 26?

Been slow since the holidays and there’s 15 ppl on the bench currently ..I’m currently number 19 started out at 123

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/06/18 02:02 AM

Been slow since the holidays and there’s 15 ppl on the bench currently ..I’m currently number 19 started out at 123

The list started this time last year. How many people did they go through? A LOT. if you add the # on the bench to your number you're sitting at what 34? You will be called. If I was 180 on the list and up initially I'd be concerned. You, however, are fine. It might be August, or October, but you will get called. So don't worry, just make the most of the opportunity when it comes.

You other guys work on your qualifications and don't f up the interview next time. I failed the interview process twice (Charlotte 135 & Reading PA 84). But I wanted in so I applied everywhere (Raleigh 80, Richmond 51, Baltimore 7, DC 10, Philly 5). You want the truth? Move. If you've been paying attention, Austin (135), Raliegh (80), Nashville (93) all recruit more than once a year. Local 8 is huge, you're going to have to travel anyway.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/06/18 03:07 AM

The list started this time last year. How many people did they go through? A LOT. if you add the # on the bench to your number you're sitting at what 34? You will be called. If I was 180 on the list and up initially I'd be concerned. You, however, are fine. It might be August, or October, but you will get called. So don't worry, just make the most of the opportunity when it comes.

You other guys work on your qualifications and don't f up the interview next time. I failed the interview process twice (Charlotte 135 & Reading PA 84). But I wanted in so I applied everywhere (Raleigh 80, Richmond 51, Baltimore 7, DC 10, Philly 5). You want the truth? Move. If you've been paying attention, Austin (135), Raliegh (80), Nashville (93) all recruit more than once a year. Local 8 is huge, you're going to have to travel anyway.

Thanks for the great info hog!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/06/18 06:03 AM

what about me hog im #37/60 on the reno list, it started on valentines day

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/07/18 01:25 AM

I don't know. Maybe? The list is good for two years, so think about it, "2-14-20" that's a long time. 37 on the list doesn't seem bad. But like I've said before, you're going to wait. What's 60? is that the list total?

I'm just another apprentice/helper that made it through the probie period and has actually kept up with this forum.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/07/18 01:46 AM

I don't know. Maybe? The list is good for two years, so think about it, "2-14-20" that's a long time. 37 on the list doesn't seem bad. But like I've said before, you're going to wait. What's 60? is that the list total?

I'm just another apprentice/helper that made it through the probie period and has actually kept up with this forum.

yeah out of 60 man, i appreciate the help hog

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/08/18 08:10 PM

I was 19 now I’m 20 they added a veteran on the list but the bench has become smaller

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/08/18 09:11 PM

Apply somewhere else. I was going to transfer from SF to Reno to live in Tahoe (already from Auburn). Jim talked me out of it, less than 30 people hired in Reno in the past 5 years. Someone basically needs to die for a position to open, then you fight everyone else for it.

Actually planning on selling and moving to Hollister... Been working in Monterey and I can live with it down here.

Edit for replying to riq. Not sure why it didn't quote you.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/08/18 09:41 PM

Lol dude i think i met you in monterey

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/18 05:52 AM

I second considering a move for those that really want in and have that flexibility. I moved twice to get in. Turns out I didn't need to move the second time because I got the call from the city I moved away from anyways. But regardless, the ability/willingness to move was huge. 3000 miles away huge.
Posted By: Mark32

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/18 12:38 PM

Hypothetically if one were to move and accept employment, how difficult is it to transfer back to a your home local?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/10/18 10:16 PM

I think you'd have to finish the probie phase first, after that it's probably just be a matter of if there is enough work in your home local to get hired on there. I don't know how long it takes or how to apply for that, but there are transient apprentices working in our local, so it does happen.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/11/18 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mark32
Hypothetically if one were to move and accept employment, how difficult is it to transfer back to a your home local?

Yes, you have to be a member of the Union, so after the probationary period. You have to call the new local and find out if they're taking anyone at your year status, 1st year, 2nd year etc. I've called to see into going elsewhere for fun. I can do this now, but not six months ago.

However, I will tell you this, don't tell anyone your plans of transferring back home. That's a one way ticket out of the trade, I've seen it twice.
Posted By: Mark32

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/11/18 05:10 AM

Appreciate the info

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/17/18 06:03 PM

Anyone call this week?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/17/18 06:45 PM

No change.. 6 probies on the books as of yesterday

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/17/18 06:55 PM

@stacks check your pm

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/17/18 07:29 PM

@eros sent you a msg via fb

@ext at least it seems to be moving I thought there was like 15 on the bench so that’s good

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/08/18 06:47 PM

Was 20 two weeks ago now I’m number 5 on the list started off at 121

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/09/18 04:27 AM

Number 60 here...hoping for august

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/11/18 07:27 PM

Got the call start tomorrow started at 121

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/12/18 12:19 AM

Got the call start tomorrow started at 121

see look how fast it was! i think next years recruitment is going to be bad since they already hired 121 apprentices and counting for sf this year 😑 i hope vegas list goes through a lot!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/12/18 01:38 PM

Stay positive rique925... you never know what’s going to happen next year

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/13/18 02:10 AM

They're on #124 as of this morning. I'm now #11 on the list

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/13/18 03:06 AM

Almost up bro!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/14/18 06:55 PM

Almost up bro!

hey eros if you dont mind me asking how did you rank so well? do you have good work experience,education, etc. just asking because i wanna prepare myself for next year. thanks i appreciate it

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/14/18 07:17 PM

Check ur pm bro

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/30/18 02:27 PM

Got called yesterday for Otis. They're at least to #135

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/15/18 10:40 PM

Anybody call lately?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/18/18 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by westcoast
Anybody call lately?

Last I heard it was in the #160's

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/25/18 02:10 AM

I was originally 175, I'm at 17 as of last week Thursday.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/25/18 03:41 PM

Just called, I'm #11. Which means the are at #164
Posted By: Doyers213

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/20/18 10:54 PM

Called and their on 269 making me 35....happy holidays to everyone still counting away ✌🏽

Re: Local 8 - SF - 11/29/18 04:50 AM

Happy holidays and good luck doyer!!
Posted By: Lepchaun415

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/18/19 05:03 AM

Did anyone re apply for the new list? Good luck everyone!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 01/24/19 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lepchaun415
Did anyone re apply for the new list? Good luck everyone!

I applied this time, I missed last recruitment..I wonder when the email for the interview date will be?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/08/19 12:43 AM

Who got their interview date and time?
Posted By: Ry711

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/08/19 03:14 AM

1/26/19 @8:30 am

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/08/19 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ry711

Nice man , mines the same day but at 10:30, what number are you for Phoenix?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/08/19 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ry711

Nice man , mines the same day but at 10:30, what number are you for Phoenix?

Curently #19 for Phoenix..any luck for you?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/08/19 05:05 AM

Man ur hella close, youll get called for Phoenix by spring forsure, and na man Reno hasn't even moved, and Vegas isn't going as quickly as I thought it would be..

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/08/19 05:24 AM

Yeah man hopefully hate the waiting though..where you at on the vegas list?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/08/19 07:22 AM

Same here, I'm in the 80's now

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/15/19 04:10 AM

Hundreds of interviews for the next couple months, good luck all.

Please follow all of the information given to you, it is extremely important and shows you know how to follow direction. Management and union brothers volunteer a lot of time for these interviews in order to hire the future of the industry. First impressions are everything so be prepared and able to talk about any experiences you have had that shows you can work in the industry. Even if its not work experience, hobbies in related fields like working on cars or building things, etc. are important to elaborate on. We do not have time to pry these details out of you, you need to have examples to talk about.

Also, please don't come in a suit. wink A collared shirt and nice jeans or chinos is fine, be comfortable it will help.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/26/19 07:33 PM

Who interviewed already?
Posted By: fletcher

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/28/19 04:52 AM

I had my interview this morning. After the 3 hour drive in traffic, and only being there long enough to go the restroom before I was called in didn't give me much time to calm my nerves. Hope I did good enough. good luck to anyone that is scheduled this month or next.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 02/28/19 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by fletcher
I had my interview this morning. After the 3 hour drive in traffic, and only being there long enough to go the restroom before I was called in didn't give me much time to calm my nerves. Hope I did good enough. good luck to anyone that is scheduled this month or next.

Did you show them all your certs? You should be golden bro

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/01/19 09:18 PM

yes, made copies so they could keep, and my resume. you scheduled soon?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/01/19 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by fletcher
yes, made copies so they could keep, and my resume. you scheduled soon?

Had my interview on Tuesday, hoping for a good rank

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/28/19 08:29 PM

Anyone happen to receive their rank yet?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/28/19 09:52 PM

Nope.
Posted By: SH707

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/29/19 04:52 AM

I had my interview yesterday. They said the emails will be sent out sometime between April 26th and May 19th or somewhere around there

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/29/19 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by SH707
I had my interview yesterday. They said the emails will be sent out sometime between April 26th and May 19th or somewhere around there

Thanks for the info!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/29/19 08:17 PM

Np. I wanted to ask more questions like how many interviews were being held etc, but it didnt happen. Was too worried about the questions they were asking

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/26/19 04:18 AM

Rankings should be coming tomorrow! Top 100 ya dig!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/26/19 03:58 PM

Hell ya man. Good luck. Did you hear from someone that they would be out tomorrow? I called yesterday to find out and the lady said middle of May.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/26/19 04:20 PM

Oh no lol I went by what u said

Re: Local 8 - SF - 04/26/19 05:20 PM

Oh haha. Ok well hopefully the lady I talked to was wrong and they will be sent out soon rather then next month.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/07/19 05:37 PM

Anyone got an email?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/07/19 06:30 PM

I called yesterday the guy Joel said may 19tgh, man if I'm over 150 I'm not getting in with sf, hello Seattle lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/07/19 06:54 PM

Damn, im way too anxious to get this email lol. Didnt they get well into the 200s last recruitment? Seattle seems cool. I just wasnt willing to move my family up there at this time.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/07/19 07:51 PM

Yeah after a year and a half.. not trying to wait that long though, and I feel I man..im single so I can do it

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/07/19 08:23 PM

Ya I hear that. Thats a long wait. Well good luck man, let me know what you end up ranking.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/14/19 08:04 PM

Damn I ranked 248..looks like Seattle here I come!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/14/19 08:46 PM

286 here. not so happy bout that.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/14/19 10:55 PM

Im in the top ten. Super stoked, kind of shocked lol.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/14/19 11:02 PM

Wow man congrats!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/14/19 11:10 PM

Thanks man
Posted By: JTG

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/22/19 10:53 PM

New Local 8 List took effect May 19th. Has anyone gotten an update as to where the list is currently?
Posted By: Medina93

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/22/19 11:23 PM

Im new to this forum but i ranked # 92 on the list. I just called today and joe said they have called 11 people on the list so far.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/22/19 11:29 PM

What you ranked JTG?
Posted By: Rome

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/22/19 11:39 PM

I ranked #168. I called the hall last week and Joel said that in the last two years from the previous list, 345 were hired out of 400.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/22/19 11:43 PM

Yes i heard that. Hope the demand is still there so they can go down the list quick
Posted By: Slickrick1102

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/19 12:39 AM

Passed interview for local 8 I ranked really low 389 smh. Glad to see they made it to 345 from last list but i dk my chances are lookin ugly. #hope

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/19 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Medina93
What you ranked JTG?

I am ranked #45 as of May 19th

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/19 02:23 PM

wow, didn't realize they called that many last time.. Perhaps there is a chance for us after all!!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/19 03:07 PM

I’m curious to know how much time is going to pass between this call in and the next time that they pull for apprentices.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/19 03:55 PM

If im not mistaking, they moved to #35 on the last list in the first couple weeks so hopefully it moves that quick this time also. If you're #45 i would say give it a month or so

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/23/19 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Medina93
If im not mistaking, they moved to #35 on the last list in the first couple weeks so hopefully it moves that quick this time also. If you're #45 i would say give it a month or so

I’ll definitely keep the thread updated if I hear anything.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/24/19 01:03 AM

Where do you call to ask what # they are on

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/24/19 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Slickrick1102
Where do you call to ask what # they are on

I believe you call the union hall.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/31/19 06:59 PM

On #27 out of 380

Re: Local 8 - SF - 05/31/19 08:26 PM

On #27 out of 380

Wow! It’s really moving!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/03/19 07:39 PM

Called today and I went from #45 to #21 as of today.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/10/19 05:18 PM

Called and they just called in #36. #45 puts me at #9 on the list as of today.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/16/19 01:57 AM

Anyone get any updates?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/17/19 04:08 PM

Called this morning and they still are at #36.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/18/19 12:49 AM

Im 389 i hope they start flying by on the list.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/18/19 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Slickrick1102
Im 389 i hope they start flying by on the list.

For it being only 3 weeks since the list started I think it’s moving at a good pace.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/30/19 02:47 AM

What’s the starting wage like once we’re in?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 06/30/19 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rome

I believe it’s $34/hr. Where did you rank?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/01/19 03:27 AM

Ranked at 168!
Posted By: Precise

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/01/19 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by JTG

$34 as an apprentice no matter the local?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/01/19 11:05 PM

Ranked at 168!

I’m hoping the list starts moving again. It seems like it’s stopped at 36 now for a bit.
Originally Posted by Precise
Originally Posted by JTG

$34 as an apprentice no matter the local?

Not every local. That’s the starting for local 8. Not sure what other locals are but it’s usually 50% of the mechanics wage for whatever the local specifies mechanic wage to be.
Posted By: Precise

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/02/19 02:48 AM

Thanks for the reply, Local 1 and 3 I'm applying for. Any certificates I should get to help my chances?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/02/19 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Precise
Thanks for the reply, Local 1 and 3 I'm applying for. Any certificates I should get to help my chances?

Any safety certs. Osha 10 or 30 is really beneficial. I would put a small portfolio of projects you’ve worked on with pictures included. Mechanical stuff should be the focus.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/02/19 04:54 AM

List is now at 39 for local 8.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/02/19 06:52 PM

http://www.iuec8.org/?zone=/unionac...31&page=Apprenticeship202620Training

Here you can see how far along the list they are!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/02/19 09:40 PM

JTG, probably another week or two and you’ll get called! Let us know how it goes!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/02/19 11:51 PM

JTG, probably another week or two and you’ll get called! Let us know how it goes!

God willing! I’ve been waiting for this opportunity for a good while. Excited and I will definitely update everyone here.

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/08/19 04:33 PM

Moved to #43!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/10/19 07:21 PM

List is at #48, 200 more to go.. lol

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/15/19 05:29 PM

How’s it going JTG? Did you get the call?

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/17/19 09:19 PM

The list is at #56!

Re: Local 8 - SF - 03/08/20 11:15 PM

List hasn't moved as well as Seattles in 4 months as well, I guess things will pickup in April for everyone
Posted By: dm164

Re: Local 8 - SF - 07/13/22 10:34 PM

Anyone know how business is moving? Asking because I got ranked 245 in this round and am wondering if I have a prayer.
© 2024 Elevator Forum