Home

Local 10 (D.C.) ranking

Posted By: MVM

Local 10 (D.C.) ranking - 10/24/17 04:34 AM

Hey All,

I'm curious if there's anyone else that applied for Local 10. I got my ranking on Oct. 12th and placed #32 on the list. This seems pretty decent based on their size and demand for bodies at the moment. I called them on Oct. 20th and was told they already called 3 people from the list...

Happy to hear any input.

Thanks.
Posted By: Lewis

Re: Local 10 (D.C.) ranking - 10/24/17 12:23 PM

Yes i also applied for local 10 DC and local 7 Baltimore. Im ranked #13 for DC but #32 is still very good. I am very excited to get started. Is there anything that you know of that we can do to prepare for our first week? Cheers

Re: Local 10 (D.C.) ranking - 10/24/17 01:10 PM

From what I'm told, the first few days will be paperwork and some computer stuff at the Union Hall and then more of this at whatever company we get put with...they will also give us our PPE gear and whatever else we'll need on the job to get started. After that they will just tell you which job site to show up at and youre all set.

Can I ask what you ranked in Local 7's list?

Re: Local 10 (D.C.) ranking - 10/25/17 08:23 PM

Thanks for the info, local 7 I ranked either 42 or 44. There list is moving pretty well, they were around 24 the last time i called.

Re: Local 10 (D.C.) ranking - 10/31/17 08:49 PM

Lewis, can you give me a heads up when Local 10 calls you? I'd appreciate it.

Also, i sent you a message. Thanks again and good luck.

Re: Local 10 (D.C.) ranking - 11/02/17 04:44 PM

I got the call today, i am starting this monday. Super excited to say the least!

Re: Local 10 (D.C.) ranking - 11/02/17 09:03 PM

Wow! Congrats man!!

That was quite a jump...I had called them a couple days before you did and they said 8 or 9 had been called, just like you had mentioned.

Which company and do you think a few people lower on the list got called along with you?

Either way, I wish you all the best. Let us know how the first week goes!

Re: Local 10 (D.C.) ranking - 12/04/17 02:29 PM

I just got the call! I have to report tomorrow morning at 6am to the union hall. I dont even know which company im working for yet but i am very excited to find out. I will keep you all updated on how my first weeks goes.
Posted By: dmart144

Re: Local 10 (D.C.) ranking - 12/04/17 03:07 PM

Wow that was fast mvm for being ranked 32! I wish my local would fly through the list like that! Don't forget to share the goods with us and congrats again
Posted By: captidgas

Re: Local 10 (D.C.) ranking - 12/04/17 09:56 PM

congrats
Posted By: Dxxx_93

Re: Local 10 (D.C.) ranking - 12/15/17 05:47 AM

Virginia is rolling with work. I hail from 52, but am in the process of transferring into 51. The problem we are seeing is that when the economy fell out in 08, a lot of guys got out of the trade and never came back. We do not have any mechanics on either bench in 51/52 to hire and its delaying the helper list when in reality we are over loaded with work and need multiple crews particularly in Richmond. Good luck and soak it all in, it took me 9 months to get hired into 52 and that was with a 12 ranking on the list, granite we are a much smaller union.
© 2024 Elevator Forum