Home

Post hurricane construction outlook.

Posted By: TMan1979

Post hurricane construction outlook. - 11/04/17 03:21 PM

I was wondering if anybody may have insight to the south Florida construction outlook and how it may be affecting the elevator industry post Irma as far as hiring goes. Irma didn't do anything like the damage from Harvey to Texas but it did halt some new construction projects along the southeast coast according to some internet articles. I did call the local hall in Miami and was told the hiring list hasn't really moved since the beginning of September. Appreciate any input.
Posted By: MrElevator727

Re: Post hurricane construction outlook. - 02/04/18 12:22 AM

Are you local 71 if so, did you get hired yet? I'm on the list as well

Re: Post hurricane construction outlook. - 02/04/18 04:58 AM

Yes I am on the list for Local 71. My guess is that for now its just slowed down. Nothing to do with the storms. I'm in the low 60's and as of the list which became active last June 2017. As I understand it the list stalled out around 49/50 with a few apprentices on the bench. Not certain on details. Just being patient. Where are you on the list?

Re: Post hurricane construction outlook. - 02/04/18 10:20 PM

Ok cool, I was notified the beginning of January 2018 that I'm #10 on the list. I wonder if there's two separate lists?

Re: Post hurricane construction outlook. - 02/04/18 10:21 PM

Ok cool, I was notified the beginning of January 2018 that I'm #10 on the list. I wonder if there's two separate lists? Patient yet ready lol

Re: Post hurricane construction outlook. - 02/05/18 03:19 AM

We must be very close in rank number. Were you given an original rank number after the interviews in May? I haven't received notifications since then. Just curious if they contacted you.
© 2024 Elevator Forum