Home

Aptitude test prep and interview prep

Posted By: Emily

Aptitude test prep and interview prep - 05/17/18 05:59 PM

Hello!

I’m a third year IBEW apprentice and was looking into maybe applying for IUEC either now or after I’m done with this apprenticeship. I was wondering if anyone had any free resources for studying, or if the tests on Job Step Prep are worth paying for.

Also how rough is the interview? I need to prep a lot because I have a hard time coming up with stuff on the spot.

Thank you!
Posted By: Rique925

Re: Aptitude test prep and interview prep - 05/18/18 01:06 AM

the process is the same as if getting into the ibew, just do the same thing, maybe brush up on more mechanical though.
Posted By: hog451

Re: Aptitude test prep and interview prep - 05/18/18 12:02 PM

Emily,

Whether you decide to pursue this or not. It is still best if you apply and take the aptitude test. The fact that the entry process can take up to two years is the main reason to try as soon as you can. If I were you I'd continue the IBEW apprenticeship while pursuing this one, Keep in mind that the starting salary for an elevator apprentice is 50% of the scale rate of a mechanic with no benefits to start. Which means you may have to take a pay cut and risk having no benefits. Further, the probationary period is a year long defined by a hundred hours of work a month you have 99 in one month your probie period extends you have 18 months to complete this .
good luck with whatever you choose.
© 2024 Elevator Forum