Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 28 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,515
Posts36,882
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8295 - 08/29/13 05:04 PM wiring diagram otis traction 3 floor sfw10280  
1dg Offline
stranger
1dg  Offline
stranger

# 228664 installed 1956

HELP i need the wiring diagram for this unit and otis wants 2k which seems a little high. i am willing to pay but prefer less. i think it is only a relay as it gose up and down but only opens in the basement. my repairman cannot seem to figure out what he did w/ the diagram and appears confused. time for a change probably. welcome suggestions and help

helpless in el paso

#8298 - 08/30/13 04:08 AM Re: wiring diagram otis traction 3 floor sfw10280 [Re: 1dg]  
Robert Krieger Offline
Robert Krieger  Offline

Camarillo, CA
1. Ultimately, have an answer for the question, did you do everything you could to have prevented this accident?
2. What would the Jury think about the building owner who would not modernize the 57 year old elevator? Is this something your insurance company would cover in any accident situation? There are still parts available for the vintage of elevator you are talking about which speaks well of the elevator industry, but still, is it worth the risk of not just modernizing the elevator and replacing the wiring and fixtures that are 57 years old?
3. There are people who have the prints you are looking for and they are not that hard to find. Just because you can do something does not mean you should.
4. Seriously think about the amount of money you would spend on a deductible and spend that on a consultant that can either recommend what to do or get you the prints you may need. The initial visit with any consultant in your area would cost you much less than what you have been quoted for prints and they would likely point out to you alternative choices to keeping a 57 year old elevator running.
5. Look up the definition of "Statute of Repose". If you are the building owner, it will always be your responsibility. If you are the agent for the owner, will the errors and omissions coverage cover your not informing the owner? Particularly since you live in the great and soverign state of Texas.
Safe Journey,
Robert L Krieger Jr.

#8301 - 08/30/13 06:13 PM Re: wiring diagram otis traction 3 floor sfw10280 [Re: Robert Krieger]  
1dg Offline
stranger
1dg  Offline
stranger

the elevator was long ago converted to freight status only ( no people) per tx regulations. there was no accident.a water htr had to be hauled up from the basement. at this time the bldg does not warrant "modernizing the elevator" if it did i would of done it. such an upgrade would not increase or add to the value of the bldg.that said i would stil appreciate being able to procure said wiring diagram. as a freight only elevator it poses no danger - real or imaginary - thank you

#8303 - 08/30/13 10:27 PM Re: wiring diagram otis traction 3 floor sfw10280 [Re: 1dg]  
traction Offline
traction  Offline

Originally Posted By: 1dg
the elevator was long ago converted to freight status only ( no people) per tx regulations. there was no accident.a water htr had to be hauled up from the basement. at this time the bldg does not warrant "modernizing the elevator" if it did i would of done it. such an upgrade would not increase or add to the value of the bldg.that said i would stil appreciate being able to procure said wiring diagram. as a freight only elevator it poses no danger - real or imaginary - thank you

So are you an elevator professional?

I'm curious as to how you deemmed that you believe that it poses no danger?

#8306 - 08/31/13 03:17 AM Re: wiring diagram otis traction 3 floor sfw10280 [Re: traction]  
Robert Krieger Offline
Robert Krieger  Offline

Camarillo, CA
"Arrogance Is The Anesthesia That Dulls The Pain Of Ignorance"

In the first post it was stated that the car is not operating properly. As the owner and or agent you have achnowledged the following "but only opens in the basement. my repairman cannot seem to figure out what he did w/ the diagram and appears confused."

This means you have knowledge of a problem that exists on an elevator you are allowing to continue to operate in this condition and even your repair person is having difficulty. Your reason for posting is because you believed $2,000.00 was too much to spend for a set of prints.

Having the prints wont fix the problem. They may point you in the direction of the circuit that is not permitting the doors to open at other floors.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_n...tor-2519149.php

Maybe its time to revisit your belief system about what you think you know about elevators and what is really important. The building owner in the above story is now entitled to spend the rest of the days of their life keeping this memory.

Not maintaining a safe building simply wont wash with the statement “would not increase or add to the value of the bldg.”

Think long and hard on the statement and then apply it to how you would feel if you were given such an answer should one of your loved ones suffer injury or death from such thinking.

Ignorance of the laws and responsibilities of the building owner and or agent will not exempt you from your duty or accountability.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Respectfully,

Robert L Krieger Jr.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit