Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 24 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,509
Posts36,845
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9163 - 12/09/13 03:00 AM interesting website for all to enjoy  
aquadag Offline
elevator lifer
aquadag  Offline
elevator lifer

NYC

Last edited by aquadag; 12/09/13 03:05 AM.
#9164 - 12/09/13 03:01 AM Re: interesting website for all to enjoy [Re: aquadag]  
aquadag Offline
elevator lifer
aquadag  Offline
elevator lifer

NYC
thanks go out to the locals of NYC

#9165 - 12/09/13 05:31 AM Re: interesting website for all to enjoy [Re: aquadag]  
elmcannic Offline
addict
elmcannic  Offline
addict

S. Central Utah
It certainly is interesting for US to watch, however with all of the annual company safety programs, state licensing and auditing etc. from the companies with regards to our safety, watching an elevator guy on a moving cartop filming while ascending makes me nervous. Leaning back, bend to the right...gotta get this awesome hoistway video...loose your balance...don't lean too far back! Then the escalator step replacement which actually shows nothing of value, was minus any safety cautioning from the narrator other than that disclaimer at the beginning, and the banner stating something about "tight spaces". LOTO should have at the least been mentioned, demonstrated and shown if not on all of video's when the situation necessitated the warning, which don't most situations that come to us demand a cautious approach? Some unsuspecting dope trying to do his own apartment elevator maintenance is gonna get injured or worse through this "elevAIDEr" video education process. Out of the 400 video's, does this fella show how to pick a door too? Drift a car? Even the Fire Dept. can screw up a simple manual lowering of a two stop hydro. I don't know about this "online video class" approach...is it really a good idea to make this trade information available for all to see? I'm all for learning "how to" about engine repair or appliance repair, but this just doesn't sit well with me. What do you guys think?

#9166 - 12/09/13 06:36 AM Re: interesting website for all to enjoy [Re: elmcannic]  
sccjr Offline
Shootintrouble
sccjr  Offline
Shootintrouble

I think just the opposite of you. These videos show how complex our job is. This guy is a great all around elevator mechanic and he does a great service by showing the public why we get paid as much as we do.

#9172 - 12/10/13 03:55 AM Re: interesting website for all to enjoy [Re: sccjr]  
rollaway-up Offline
2nd Generation
rollaway-up  Offline
2nd Generation

Canada
We had a guy doing this, by the time the local caught up with him the company had already taken care of him. How can you work safely while filming yourself? Why are you offering information on procedures unless they are accredited and collectively verified in a group setting? We need to give our full attention while on the job and fight increasing distractions in the workplace. Everyone is an auto mechanic now that you can google a starter replacement on a hyundai. Hell, the medical industry is struggling against self-diagnosis as we speak, hollywood stars carry more weight than the educated reasoning of a doctor. We fight these people on a regular basis who like to go into the machine room and reset the overload before you arrive and access hoistways to grab keys from the pit. Why compound the issue or open yourself to litigation for internet fame?

Look at the one where he repairs an elevator travelling cable. We dont repair elevators with tape. We replace damaged components.

Last edited by rollaway-up; 12/10/13 04:01 AM.
#9173 - 12/10/13 04:29 AM Re: interesting website for all to enjoy [Re: rollaway-up]  
aquadag Offline
elevator lifer
aquadag  Offline
elevator lifer

NYC
Lol, We always gotta hear from the negative group. Sometimes we don't give a crap about your thoughts on this. They are always negative and not very on point. I have worked with guys like you in the field and it is a miserable experience. Take these videos for face value to what they are, A helpful guide. I really doubt this guy gives a crap whether you think he is safe or not. smile I want to see a back yard elevator mechanic. LOL haven't seen one yet. If they want to try to fix let them, I have all day to fix their mistakes. IE job security. It's nice to see that you guys think you are so good and above everyone that you gotta judge them and tell them how stupid, unsafe, and wrong we all are. Thanks I just can't get through life without you and your wonderfull insght on everything.

Last edited by aquadag; 12/10/13 04:34 AM.
#9174 - 12/10/13 05:03 AM Re: interesting website for all to enjoy [Re: aquadag]  
rollaway-up Offline
2nd Generation
rollaway-up  Offline
2nd Generation

Canada
A forum holds as many points of view as the field! Its nice to see people who are passionate about their trade!

#9187 - 12/12/13 03:19 PM Re: interesting website for all to enjoy [Re: rollaway-up]  
elmcannic Offline
addict
elmcannic  Offline
addict

S. Central Utah
"Guys like you", uh huh, tell me more. Maybe re-read your last post, then define for us all again who's a jerk of a mechanic, the type you can't stand because of their opinionated big mouth. Maybe I didn't see the "value" of the videos the way you did, but is my opinion so wrong as to be a target of your vicious post? Have a good day sir.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit