Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 33 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,515
Posts36,882
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10192 - 03/24/14 03:01 PM Dual openings  
Jaz Offline
stranger
Jaz  Offline
stranger

Hi Friends,
Can anybody help me out to find a solution for an elevator with front & rear openings, say 'A' & 'B'. Now I want this elevator to be used by side 'A' person with other door closed on each floor. Same with 'B' user also. While both openings fall on same level on each floor. This elevator is located in between rented apts. and my duplex. I want this to be operated from duplex as well as other side separately and independently without any interference.

#10193 - 03/24/14 04:12 PM Re: Dual openings [Re: Jaz]  
Elevatorfella Offline
Elevatorfella  Offline

Install a keypad inside the elevator and have it wired and programmed to operate whichever door you desire at any floor. Pretty easy to accomplish. Check local codes to deal with firemans service, we usually add a relay to bypass keypads or card readers when fire service is activated.

#10194 - 03/24/14 04:51 PM Re: Dual openings [Re: Elevatorfella]  
john jay Offline
old hand
john jay  Offline
old hand

ohio
An elevator with front and rear openings should already have buttons with front and rear designations in the car, and they should have separate risers for the hall stations. They should not open both doors on a hall call. You need to have your Elevator Service look at the controller and see what the problem is.

#10195 - 03/24/14 07:02 PM Re: Dual openings [Re: john jay]  
Jaz Offline
stranger
Jaz  Offline
stranger

Thanks a lot dear gentlemen for your quick replies. My project is still in construction stage. I've consulted an elevator supplying co. and according to their engineer, it is not possible to operate one sided at a time. He is telling that when the elevator will arrive on a call from any side, both doors will get open if both doors are at the same level. If there's a difference in level say 1 to 2 feet then only it is possible to open the door of the caller side only. Other door will remain closed otherwise not.

#10202 - 03/24/14 10:07 PM Re: Dual openings [Re: Jaz]  
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
jkh  Offline
4 Ever Learning.

Jaz

Go to the elevator equipment room. Look and see if there is a metal data tag that describes the manufacture and model of your equipment. Then come back with that and we can try and help you to find out....

Make good choices,

JKH
#10211 - 03/25/14 12:29 AM Re: Dual openings [Re: jkh]  
sbrmilitia Offline
addict
sbrmilitia  Offline
addict

I cant believe a engineer would tell you that. This is very common. Shouldn't be that big of a deal.

#10212 - 03/25/14 01:55 AM Re: Dual openings [Re: sbrmilitia]  
uppo72 Offline
addict
uppo72  Offline
addict

Agree, it is possible however it can be a pain to do. As stated the best way for this application is in the DESIGN STAGE, so I would firstly go back to the builder as it is their RESPONSIBILTY for this. Most of the time, with new lifts, the software must be written so this can happen, however I know from experience it doesn't even get thought of. If there is 2 separate button panels for both sides then it is easier. Remember the lift should be secured by either key switches or the like as if it goes into an apartment directly, it becomes a security issue(which is why in my opinion you should always have a lift lobby).

Ok so if you have 2 panels, the software know's which side is used and then opens the appropriate door( and not the other). If it doesn't then have a key switch the drives 1 side or the other, of which will drive 1 door and not the other.( also too it might be better to switch the door open input as doing the supply may make the door do a reopen reset.) If you have only 1 panel, the best way is to drive the door operator supply/open signal( or the door zone magnet or reader), via either a key pad or switch(for security) and a control circuit. When you do this you can then isolate the side you don't want to use or open. I have seen a 2 position switch which(isolating supply to the button) is to let the supply to the button and which drives a relay that lets supply go to 1 side door operator but not both. This was a very basic way( and there are many other ways to do it). Either way this is the builders and then the lift companies issue, as this should have been considered at the design stage.

Also be prepared to have complaints about noise coming through the landing doors as they aren't very noise retarding.

Last edited by uppo72; 03/25/14 02:08 AM.
#10214 - 03/25/14 12:53 PM Re: Dual openings [Re: uppo72]  
john jay Offline
old hand
john jay  Offline
old hand

ohio
If you have front and rear hall stations, you have to have front and rear hall call inputs. Period.It sounds as if this Controller was designed in someones Garage. My advice is to get a consultant before the Elevator is turned over. Also any Inspecting Authority will most likely consider this a violation.

#10215 - 03/25/14 05:20 PM Re: Dual openings [Re: john jay]  
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
jkh  Offline
4 Ever Learning.

Jaz,
Is the elevator a new installation.? Or was it existing prior to the start of the building being made into what sounds like one side apartments and the other condominiums?

There is always a way for you to get the elevator to perform the way you want. The question is how and how much will it cost.

A whole new control system is the quick answer. But if you post some pictures of the controls and/or supply us with the type of controls that run the elevator. We may be able to give you a more cost effective alternative.

Make good choices,

JKH
#10220 - 03/25/14 10:51 PM Re: Dual openings [Re: john jay]  
uppo72 Offline
addict
uppo72  Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: john jay
If you have front and rear hall stations, you have to have front and rear hall call inputs. Period.It sounds as if this Controller was designed in someones Garage. My advice is to get a consultant before the Elevator is turned over. Also any Inspecting Authority will most likely consider this a violation.

Agreed. having thought more about this, they must have hall buttons on both sides of the lift, so are they going to open both sides when pressed? Something is fishy here. You could also just provide to car panels and parallel your landing button onto these if indeed it works properly from the landing. Either way if this is a new lift they stuffed up royally.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit