Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 29 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,508
Posts36,843
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12496 - 10/28/14 05:42 AM miprom21hallcalls  
JWC Offline
USS JWC
JWC  Offline
USS JWC

Received a call that elevator was shut down. On arrival the pwr. was turned off. Inspected elevator for anything physical wrong, did not see any problems. Placed car on independent service to turn power on. Returned to run car and it runs fine, every floor, doors open and close fine. Placed the car on automatic to check how that's working and also work fine. Every car call operates as supposed to. Then I decided to check hall calls and (three car group)could not get the same car to respond to a hall call at least at the floor I was at. sent the other cars away. However, the car would answer some call at another floor open and close door. It would answer calls at any other floor except the floor it is parked on but not all the time just intermittently. Tried to use the computer in the Mach. Rm to check for faults or anything that would point to something. I had no success the program would not run. The car also has a longer door time at the second floor after it arrives. Then closes the doors and waits for another hall call at a different floor. Any Ideas, first time working on a miprom controller. Not a lot of information available in the mach. rm, any thing would help and be appreciated.

#12503 - 10/28/14 07:20 PM Re: miprom21hallcalls [Re: JWC]  
Boa Offline
Boa  Offline

NC
I'm not sure, but I think it's in their program. They'll act like duplex until high demand.

#12505 - 10/28/14 10:01 PM Re: miprom21hallcalls [Re: Boa]  
john jay Offline
old hand
john jay  Offline
old hand

ohio
Miproms have field programmable hall call door times,lobby time, car call times etc,etc. Does this 3 car group have serial communication, or does it have a common panel? If it has a common panel only 2 cars have hall calls and the 3rd car is a slave. The Slave car is the last controller. If this is the case everything is operating as it should. It is not the best 3 car system.

#12513 - 10/29/14 04:51 AM Re: miprom21hallcalls [Re: john jay]  
JWC Offline
USS JWC
JWC  Offline
USS JWC

So, I was able to bring up the TED Computer IPD program and it displayed real time elevator operation for car A,B. I was also able to inject car and hall call up & dn and the two cars would dispatch a car to answer the call However, car C would not allow me to see it's current status of operation and would not answer a hall call. The car would work normal inside the car but would after a while without a demand would park at the 2nd floor for a longer time and then closed doors and maybe answer a hall call or just go on a random trip to the top or bottom floors.
The TED system displays POWER DOWN and BALANCED under it and when I tried to select car C the system shows that car C is OFFLINE.
I was thinking that this group is and maybe always was operating in this manner and really who would have ever really noticed this unless they were trying to capture this car by sending the other cars away.
This 3 car Group is hooked up as a serial link communication which has wires to each car to and from the main car and to the TED computer display. I hope that your answer about the third car being a slave car is exactly what's happening and it is working as intended. I was headed to load weighing problems, maybe not. I agree these 3 car groups are the worst for a really busy building. Thanks for the feed back to both of you. .

#12515 - 10/29/14 03:04 PM Re: miprom21hallcalls [Re: JWC]  
john jay Offline
old hand
john jay  Offline
old hand

ohio
If it is serial communication it is not working correctly. With serial communication car 1 and car 2 are the dispatch cars, anything after these get hall calls from the dispatch cars. The communication wires start at car 1 go to car 2 and then car 3. There should be small blue factory jumper at the last car in the group telling the dispatch cars that it is the last car. If this jumper is missing or the comm wires are not connected, you could have hall call problems like this one. I am going from memory here and it has been a while, but i think the jumper goes beneath the serial comm wires on the same board. You should check another group if possible to be sure. also if you have IPD, that is not TED. IPD is inner-active, meaning the customer or anyone else with a terminal can change group performance settings. TED is not so inner-active. You should look at
the IPD carefully, if that's what you have.

#12574 - 11/03/14 02:05 AM Re: miprom21hallcalls [Re: john jay]  
Derick Offline
Derick  Offline

miprom21 has always had bad dispatching they have very slow communication between each other..

Last edited by Derick; 11/03/14 02:06 AM.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit