Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 17 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,503
Posts36,820
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14418 - 06/11/15 04:06 AM tac 50-04  
Vatorgator Offline
addict
Vatorgator  Offline
addict

Just took on 8 of these units, the first trouble call on one of the garage units, the mechanic calls and tells me that the car is on automatic, but won't answer any hall calls, or open the doors. he can give it car calls with the tool, and car runs but no doors, i had him check the D26 door parameter, he indicates it is at 1. had him set it back to 0, and car back in service. anyone have any ideas? could a power spike cause just this 1 parameter to change. seems a little strange. hate to think that someone would purposely do this to try and make it hard on us, but it sure looks that way. or maybe I'm just being paranoid.

#14421 - 06/11/15 12:44 PM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: Vatorgator]  
JustWolf Offline
Liscensed Journeyman
JustWolf  Offline
Liscensed Journeyman

Milwaukee
If d26 was 1 and someone wrote it,any power loss will cause it to go back to 1 although it was changed to 0. if it happens again write d26 at 0

#14422 - 06/11/15 12:58 PM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: JustWolf]  
Silly Offline
enthusiast
Silly  Offline
enthusiast

Vatorgator I have heard older service guys say they write D26=1 on those jobs that have the pesky building maintenance people. They would continually try and "fix" issues on their own by cycling power, D26=1 stopped that real quick.

The 50-04 has a manual toggle switch for door disconnect, so I find it highly unlikely that it was an accidental WRT, though I guess it is always possible.

#14432 - 06/12/15 03:21 AM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: Silly]  
Vatorgator Offline
addict
Vatorgator  Offline
addict

thanks guys, that makes sense now, set it to 1 and wrt it, then set to 0 and do not wrt it, after power on off, back to 1. i did tell him to wrt it at 0 now. thats funny, I'm now wondering if that will happen on all the other cars, we have not turned any off yet. thats a good one. could have been just an oversight on the mechanics part, while he was working on it. but there is that manual toggle switch to disconnect the doors, so wondering why they would bother. we have had a few jobs where the previous big companies were a little upset at losing the job, especially the route mechanic, just took over a otis 211 job, talked to engineer, the cars rarely break down, day after we took over the job, 2 cars had 5 different fuses blown. really strange owner changed the locks that day.

#14433 - 06/12/15 09:52 AM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: Vatorgator]  
kiwinightstalker Offline
mushroom
kiwinightstalker  Offline
mushroom

Are you really suggesting that someone sabotaged these lifts, do you think as professionals we would risk our reputations and jobs for payback!!! If it was true (and I for one DO NOT believe it happened) then the police should be bought in (for trespass at a minimum) to investigate..but as they didn't seem to be your comments are to be taken with a grain of salt!!!

I used to be indecisive....now i"m not so sure
#14434 - 06/12/15 04:49 PM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: kiwinightstalker]  
Boa Offline
Boa  Offline

NC
If you really think it doesn't happen, you have not been around long. Think back - nation wide TK had complaints about actions done (I'm not say the s word) when they lost DMCs (changing programs, covering batteries. I even had them clip a wire on board), the big O even sent their jobs out with weak chips and an internal letter saying to change chip if they retained service after warranty, I've had tecs change wiring on plug connectors when they lost the job (little things that don't effect operation but try to make it look like we can't service, even had a mechanic in street attire sneak in and burn a control panel by shorting it and yes he was recognized on camera and cops where called. These thing do happen, I hope you keep your morals and don't become one of those guys.

#14436 - 06/12/15 05:41 PM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: Boa]  
solidstate Offline
addict
solidstate  Offline
addict

I THINK Kiwi has been around for a while. Maybe they do not do it in Australia. It is for sure done here. I think it is more to do with the individual rather than the company. We have had it done by two of the big four. Thank goodness for security systems now. It has saved us on three occasions.

What we do now also is take pictures of controllers and paperwork when we are surveying the job for new quotes.

Amazing how quickly stories change when you show pictures or security footage.

One other thing to add....if Vatorgator says it.. you can take it to the bank.

Last edited by solidstate; 06/12/15 05:51 PM.
#14437 - 06/12/15 07:35 PM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: solidstate]  
JustWolf Offline
Liscensed Journeyman
JustWolf  Offline
Liscensed Journeyman

Milwaukee
It's easy to wrt d26=1 by mistake, just think of someone working on a bank of cars and he wants to take control from a different controller. He then does some adjustments, then wrt. Done with car, d26=0 lets the car go. I had a friend do it to me that same way. We don't work for the same company, but he told me, but only after I found it like Vatorgator. Simple mistake.

In this industry sabatoge is a very dangerous act. Those Building Owners, Passengers, any Occupant, even a co-worker, regardless of who they work for, believe that YOU made that elevator safer on your last visit.

I know most of the Elevator guys in this cowtown and some are not as cooperative as others, but never have I been the victim of the S word.

When tou take over a new job look over the call log see if something is a pesky problem.

When I lost an account I would help the next guy out, it's not his fault the company took over a job that they can't support.

Work safe out there, your family expects you home at night.

#14439 - 06/13/15 02:06 AM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: JustWolf]  
uppo72 Offline
addict
uppo72  Offline
addict

Kiwi I have seen some funny buggers happen here, but yes I agree it generally doesn't happen much at all. I read here a lot about prints missing on jobs, and this is near a no no here.

#14440 - 06/13/15 03:14 AM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: uppo72]  
Vatorgator Offline
addict
Vatorgator  Offline
addict

well i guess i stirred up a hornets nest. ha ha. Im with wolf on this one, it was probably a just a honest mishap on the parameter change. but i will check on the other cars just to verify.
I don't know about the rest of the country or the world, but here in los angeles, sabotage is not as uncommon as you may think. been working her nearly 35 years and have seen many strange occurrences after job losses.

Job prints are the number 1 problem here in cali, been like this for many years, it has gotten so bad that when you are called to survey a job for service, you immediately have the building either copy the prints, or make sure they will be there when you take the job over. We just took over a new job, and the prints were there the day before they lost the job, and mysteriously disappeared the day we took over, the building had to call the original company and threaten them with a law suit, the mechanic that took them had to deliver them personally to the building with an apology. Im not sure why they do this, how would they like to go on an entrapment call with safety circuit open between floors, and not have any drawings to help them out. Wolf, I'm with you, why should we screw our brothers, it is hard enough to fix most elevators without this childish bull Crap. Not sure if the employees are being told to do this, or are just being an ass all by themselves. either way, this is something that needs to stop. A generic print, is just that, generic. usually they will work, but occasionally you may be jumping out something that you are not expecting, due to a slight difference in the generic vs job print. This can be very dangerous, just remember that when you take a job print. thats my 2 cents

#14441 - 06/13/15 04:13 AM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: Vatorgator]  
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
jkh  Offline
4 Ever Learning.

Walked in on jobs where it was done.
Worked with guys who I'm sure did it.
Had a supervisor try to get me to do it.
Seen envelopes change hands.
And much more!

Leaving them to work for another company.

Priceless...

Make good choices,

JKH
#14445 - 06/15/15 12:59 PM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: jkh]  
Boa Offline
Boa  Offline

NC
I feel I need to clarify. Yes, this stuff does happen but other than missing prints I have not had it happen for a while. It was quite common on our jobs in the 80's and 90's. Other than changed wires (making up dir lanterns down or turning buttons over) which were done by mechanics I know, the jokes mechanics play, the integrity of the men/women in the field is usualy of the highest levels and I am proud to be in this trade. If I offended anyone I apologize.

#14447 - 06/16/15 12:40 PM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: solidstate]  
kiwinightstalker Offline
mushroom
kiwinightstalker  Offline
mushroom

You are right been around 25 odd years, have VERY rarely heard of it (mostly on here) and never seen it let alone been asked to do it!!!....Why the heck should we worry about losing a job...that's the moron of a sales guy or more than likely the companies rigid pricing structures etc problem. Sabotage is stupid and probably illegal so why would ANYONE risk prosecution.

I used to be indecisive....now i"m not so sure
#15321 - 11/02/15 12:22 PM Re: tac 50-04 [Re: Vatorgator]  
Luis Offline
cooperator
Luis  Offline
cooperator

Maybe you did the D26 to 1 and WRT, when you returned to 0 probably you forgot to do the command WRT again. In this case every time the energy swap or the RESET is performed the elevator is back to the last WRT situation.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit