Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 15 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,525
Posts36,927
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1435 - 05/15/11 09:07 PM CBS Chanel 2 News Elevator permits in California  
Robert Krieger Offline
Robert Krieger  Offline

Camarillo, CA

#1436 - 05/16/11 04:25 AM Re: CBS Chanel 2 News Elevator permits in California [Re: Robert Krieger]  
Wrench Offline
Wrench
Wrench  Offline
Wrench

Orange County, CA

Nice Video I saw it the other night, looks like you where the star of the show. grin

Just can't leave it alone!
#1439 - 05/17/11 05:05 AM Re: CBS Chanel 2 News Elevator permits in California [Re: Wrench]  
Vic Offline
jack of all depts
Vic  Offline
jack of all depts

orange county, CA
Bob, The State Elevator, Ride, and Tramway Unit is under funded. At any given moment, something like 40% of Califonia permits are out of date, which kinda makes it look like we are degrading into a third world country. Jerry Brown is slashing education, etc, and the last to get reduced will be fire and police. Expired permits ain't exactly at the top of their list.

I've tried to get the State to red tag two separate jobs recently. I got no response on either. I've been told that if I really need something red tagged, to call Deborah Turner.

#1440 - 05/17/11 02:33 PM Re: CBS Chanel 2 News Elevator permits in California [Re: Vic]  
Robert Krieger Offline
Robert Krieger  Offline

Camarillo, CA
I choose to believe that the inspectors are not at fault here.

You are correct they have not had access to the funds that were collected for the elevator safety fund. They are paid through the general fund.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/elevatorcontactus.html

Is the contact us web site. I would personally recommend Debra Tudor, Principal Engineer as a person passionate about safety. She still works for the system and has a boss she reports to.

If your safety concerns are falling on deaf ears, she needs to know that as well. It is important that your communications be in writing. If you have an elevator inspector who is not of good character as required by the administrative orders, let her know that as well. (Substance abuse in not a tolerable act.)

We may also contact the following people with our concerns:

OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH STANDARDS BOARD
2520 Venture Oaks Way, Suite 350
Sacramento, CA 95833
(916) 274-5721
FAX (916) 274-5743
Website address: www.dir.ca.gov/oshsb

Just because an elevator was not recently inspected does not make it inherently unsafe. If, however, orders to comply were "pencil whipped" and submitted back to the state as being done when they were not, that too is an intolerable intentional act and should be immediately reported to the AHJ and possibly our elected representatives. I would hope that the AHJ would investigate and apply the fines and fees specified in the Labor Code.

Many service providing companies have ethics and integrity agreements (no point in saying why). The CEO's of these companies are serious about them and they can be contacted through the share holder information center of that company. These communications should also be in writing.

In the meantime, to protect the public and promote safety, we can do our job to the best of our abilities and support the Elevator Escalator Safety Foundation. www.eesf.org

My interview lasted 2 hours with the reporter from CBS. You only saw a few seconds of it.

(I was disappointed to see the comments someone made about Pete from the City, as I have always believed him to be a person of good character. I interviewed with him last fall along with 30 others who did not stand a chance for a job because they had to rehire two persons who were previously laid off. Regretfully for everyone, we paid $24.00 to park at the interview. I would welcome the opportunity to work with him again. It is unfair to make spurious remarks about them because they are prohibited from making public comments and therefore can not defend themselves.)

Respectfully Submitted,

Robert L Krieger Jr.

#1441 - 05/17/11 03:54 PM Re: CBS Chanel 2 News Elevator permits in California [Re: Robert Krieger]  
Vic Offline
jack of all depts
Vic  Offline
jack of all depts

orange county, CA
Thanks, Bob. Good information there.

Deborah, if you're reading this, sorry I got your name wrong. Duly noted.

PACE class materials are spot-on.

#1443 - 05/18/11 02:00 AM Re: CBS Chanel 2 News Elevator permits in California [Re: Vic]  
GreenPants Offline
GreenPants
GreenPants  Offline
GreenPants

i think we should just go lock out every car with an expired permit and see how the public would react. bet a buck a lot of people would want the elevators turned back on permit or not.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit