Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Boomz808), 14 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
Prairieelevator, Robot Rob, Montkone, Jevans, Clayshooter
8395 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,495
Posts36,788
Members8,395
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#19958 - 03/21/17 11:09 PM Can anyone identify this elevator phone?  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

Can anyone identify this elevator phone?

I am trying to get some information on it.

I was told that the cellular communicator Telguard TG-1B may not work because its lacks a digital dialer.

https://goo.gl/photos/SveMjRRscJNbK3JS7

Its a thyssenkrupp TAC 20

I don't know if this phone is made by thyssenkrupp or some 3rd party company like Viking.

Can anyone identify this phone or know where I can get some specs on it like if it has a digital dialer?

I am basically trying to get this setup on a telguard TG-1B communicator.

Thanks.

Last edited by SpaceLord; 03/21/17 11:09 PM.
#19959 - 03/22/17 01:05 AM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: SpaceLord]  
vatormx Offline
stranger
vatormx  Offline
stranger

TX
Look behind COP to identify. Most likely Rath or EMS. This is just a faceplate you are showing. tke switch to Rath several years ago.

#19963 - 03/22/17 02:07 AM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: vatormx]  
elmcannic Offline
addict
elmcannic  Offline
addict

S. Central Utah
+1 on Rath. I think that's their phone of choice nowadays.

#19967 - 03/22/17 07:52 PM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: SpaceLord]  
ABE Offline
Mechanic
ABE  Offline
Mechanic

The actual phone is mounted behind the panel in the COP. More than likely its a Rath but TKE did occasionally use EMS phones for this application.

I can say without a doubt it will only work on a analog phone line. Your phone provider may have to supply a analog converter to make it work.

#20165 - 04/13/17 07:08 PM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: ABE]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

I'm actually being told that it does not matter if it's digital or analog as long as it can do the " E606 (Contact ID) event code" for the telguard wireless communicator.

Who would program this phone? Would the thyssenkrupp tech know how to setup the phone or would I have to contact Rath or EMS to do this?

Basically, Telguard will only work with alarm companies and the alarm companies feel extremely uncomfortable messing with the elevator phone. This is why I'm hitting so many roadblocks.

Thanks.

Last edited by SpaceLord; 04/13/17 07:09 PM.
#20167 - 04/13/17 10:53 PM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: SpaceLord]  
DripCan Offline
DripCan  Offline

Roadblock because your being cheap.Pay your service provider to replace it an be done with it

#20168 - 04/13/17 11:33 PM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: DripCan]  
Indirtwetrust Online content
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Online Content
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
You need to call Thyssen to have your tech come out and take care of it. If the line to the machine room is active, he should have no problem.

#20169 - 04/14/17 12:24 AM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: DripCan]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

Originally Posted By: DripCan
Roadblock because your being cheap.Pay your service provider to replace it an be done with it

As I have explained previously. Telguard( the company which manufacturers the wireless communicator for the elevator phone) will not work with an elevator service provider and ONLY alarm companies.

The company primary business is wireless communicators for the alarms. The elevator phone communication is a product they kind of do the side.

An elevator tech will unable to purchase the product or get technical support unless they also have an alarm company.

I called them up and verified they have a product for elevator phone, I am working off a list they provided to me of authorized techs who deal in their product. Those techs don't like working with elevator phones. If they provided tech support and would allow an elevator company to do it then it would be easier for me.

How is the Telguard's reseller programs my fault?

Last edited by SpaceLord; 04/14/17 12:33 AM.
#20173 - 04/14/17 06:08 PM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: SpaceLord]  
Silly Offline
enthusiast
Silly  Offline
enthusiast

The problem I guess is you just don't understand what all these professionals are explaining to you. Simple analog line is most fool proof. Not saying your wireless communication system doesn't have backups, but we are required to have something like 4hrs? of phone after loss of power. Old school lines used to power the whole kit and in catastrophic emergencies, say an earthquake, landlines are usually still functional. How's that wireless system going to hold up?

People have flat out died in elevators for lack of phone lines by owners, faulty dialers, etc. It is life safety for us, and therefor we prefer to Keep It Simple Stupid. Sorry that it may not save you a buck, but we as an industry believe it may save you a life.

#20179 - 04/15/17 05:27 AM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: Silly]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

Originally Posted By: Silly
The problem I guess is you just don't understand what all these professionals are explaining to you. Simple analog line is most fool proof. Not saying your wireless communication system doesn't have backups, but we are required to have something like 4hrs? of phone after loss of power. Old school lines used to power the whole kit and in catastrophic emergencies, say an earthquake, landlines are usually still functional. How's that wireless system going to hold up?

People have flat out died in elevators for lack of phone lines by owners, faulty dialers, etc. It is life safety for us, and therefor we prefer to Keep It Simple Stupid. Sorry that it may not save you a buck, but we as an industry believe it may save you a life.

Ok, thanks for explaining. I actually had no idea that was the problem he was talking about. It almost sounded that he was mad that I was working with an alarm company instead of an elevator tech to do this.

I know when I inquired that the wireless antenna they use to collect the data dump on the elevator could possible send out a S.O.S as a backup last resort measure, it angered a lot of people.

I think the phone companies should be forced to provide the lifelines for the elevator and fire at cost. My last phone bill came in at over $200 a month for an almost abandoned 3 story building.

I only have 3 lines, 1 elevator, 1 security and 1 fire, probably zero long distance and probably only a few minutes for testing a month. To add insult to injury, there is taxes on phones like taxes are Alcohol or Tobacco. There are taxes on phone for even the Spanish American war over 100 years ago.

Centurylink has a lower cost product called a " measured line" which I signed up for to save money but for some reason they said they don't offer that price to people in my state and actually raise my phone bill. They said it was prohibited in my state however the regulators I spoke with told me there was no such prohibition. My guess is they were probably not forced to provide it so they would not.

Its impossible to be 100% safe from everything. The government is putting your life at more risk by letting illegal alien murders and ISIS refugees into the country then a wireless communicator for an elevator phones ever could.

Heck, why do airlines not provide a parachute for all the passengers? Why not have 3 pilots to be safer,etc..? There are tons of things you can do to increase the safety but the economics would not make sense.

You know I was trying to get a copy of the fire code and the association which provides wanted to charge me over $100 to download the PDF of the fire code? They would not even answer a question without me paying them to answer the question.
If you rip people off who are trying to do the right thing, it could lead to future problems.

If it makes everyone feel better, I will put a larger UPS battery in it than 4 hours.

I talk to people on the telephone forum as well as they are saying that the old copper telephones lines are on the way out. Verizon have even stop offering traditional phone lines in some areas. Elevator phones in the future will probably have to adopt a new standard. VOIP, cellular,etc... I am just a little bit ahead of my time here.

By the way, these are hydraulic 3-floor elevators which during a power outage will fall to the bottom floor and allow the person a way to get out.

Thanks again.

Last edited by SpaceLord; 04/15/17 05:29 AM.
#20184 - 04/16/17 03:08 AM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: SpaceLord]  
pieman Offline
pieman  Offline

" I am ahead of my time here " ...yep that's the problem.
" the elevator will fall to the bottom floor " ...i certainly hope not.
If by what you mean is that the elevators have emergency battery lowering units then yes , if properly maintained then In a power outage they should lower ( not fall ..big difference ) to the ground floor and open the doors. Do you have someone checking the operation of the lowering units monthly ? Do you understand that elevators can have faults that will cause passengers to be trapped other than power outage .
The reason people " seemed to get angry at you " was nothing to do with you choosing to work with an alarm company and everything to do with you ignoring the advice of experts. There is a reason the alarm companies don't want to get involved with elevator telephones . Its called liability. I have a feeling you may discover this the hard way .

#20229 - 04/19/17 08:22 AM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: pieman]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

Originally Posted By: pieman
" I am ahead of my time here " ...yep that's the problem.
" the elevator will fall to the bottom floor " ...i certainly hope not.
If by what you mean is that the elevators have emergency battery lowering units then yes , if properly maintained then In a power outage they should lower ( not fall ..big difference ) to the ground floor and open the doors. Do you have someone checking the operation of the lowering units monthly ? Do you understand that elevators can have faults that will cause passengers to be trapped other than power outage .
The reason people " seemed to get angry at you " was nothing to do with you choosing to work with an alarm company and everything to do with you ignoring the advice of experts. There is a reason the alarm companies don't want to get involved with elevator telephones . Its called liability. I have a feeling you may discover this the hard way .

It's because 99.9% of Telguard products are for an alarm system and the elevator phone communicator is probably a modified alarm communicator. So they are not setup to work with the elevator maintenance people.

I know that the newer technology might seem scary to some, however, I assure you it's not evil.

AC power was once considered evil from the safe DC power standard. Edison himself use to travel around killing animals by electrocuting them with the evil "AC power" This is true and most people don't know about it.

Today the power grid is AC.

The wireless elevator phone is just as safe is not safer in my opinion. A car could crash into the telephone pole and no matter how many backup phone lines you have, they all will go out. Someone could accidentally cut a phone line while digging a trench, etc...

The wireless communicator is immune to all those problems.

I know if I was trying to rob a building, I would be must more scared of their alarm system being on a wireless communicator. I could not simply cut the lines but rather had to be a concern with stopping an invisible radio wave. The technology to do this is usually something reserved for a SWAT team or military.

In my company, I was told by the phone guys not to go with a CLEC. I went with a CLEC and save over $100,000 a year. I was told to keep the POTS for the fax lines, I got a phone system that could use the PRI lines to make analog calls with a special upgrade to the phone system. Saved a ton of money there. Keep in mind this was in the late 90's or early 2000. So it was not common( and we used a lot of faxes back then).

There is a product that will save me money on phone lines and appears to be a safer option. Why not give it a try. Probably most of the tech you are using today was considered to be some crazy idea at some point in time.
I am sure many other people have done the same thing hence why they make the product in the first place. People are demanding this types of products.
I will let you guys know how it turns out.

#20238 - 04/19/17 10:35 PM Re: Can anyone identify this elevator phone? [Re: SpaceLord]  
Goat Offline
Goat  Offline

Quote "It's because 99.9% of Telguard products are for an alarm system and the elevator phone communicator is probably a modified alarm communicator. So they are not setup to work with the elevator maintenance people. "

You are incorrect on this. An alarm communicator sends pulses to a receiver that will read the pulses, and give a meaning of what the pulse means to the operator working at the "central station".

A elevator phone is a means of two way communication.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit