Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 8 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Newest Members
Prairieelevator, Robot Rob, Montkone, Jevans, Clayshooter
8395 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,468
Posts36,652
Members8,395
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20730 - 05/27/17 05:41 AM List of cellular communicators for elevator phones  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

Can we start a list of cellular communicators for elevator phones?

This is the list I have so far, perhaps you can add some to the list.

1. Telguard TG-1B
2. mylinkline
3. Rath Microtech
4. Elevator connect 1000 by esrmphones

Please let me know if you know of any others besides these 4.

Thanks.

Last edited by SpaceLord; 05/27/17 05:57 AM.
#20733 - 05/28/17 03:12 PM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: SpaceLord]  
DripCan Offline
DripCan  Offline

Space one last time get phone line I currently take care of multiple elite buildings that tried going your route to save money guess what daily they are testing life safety lines an wow half might work.So now there back to regular phone lines because of law suits an units locked out by authorities.Don't be a fool.

#20736 - 05/28/17 06:33 PM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: DripCan]  
Silly Offline
enthusiast
Silly  Offline
enthusiast

Hey, might be a good spot to start a different list:

How many of your states outlaw using cellular for phones?

I have heard California will not allow, are there more states or city jurisdictions?

#20746 - 05/29/17 01:45 PM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: Silly]  
JHessorz Offline
Hazanko
JHessorz  Offline
Hazanko

NJ
Never ran into wireless 2 way communication over here in NJ, that doesnt necessarily mean it is forbidden by code but thank god most building owners here dont use it. I wouldnt want to get stuck in that elevator.

#20747 - 05/29/17 02:03 PM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: JHessorz]  
Indirtwetrust Offline
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Offline
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
Can you hear me now?

#20748 - 05/29/17 02:50 PM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: Indirtwetrust]  
InFritzWeTrust Offline
InFritzWeTrust  Offline

Here's a list:
T elguard
R ath
O tis
L enovo
L g

It's time to stop feeding this troll.

#20749 - 05/30/17 06:34 AM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: DripCan]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

Originally Posted By: DripCan
Space one last time get phone line I currently take care of multiple elite buildings that tried going your route to save money guess what daily they are testing life safety lines an wow half might work.So now there back to regular phone lines because of law suits an units locked out by authorities.Don't be a fool.

Exactly what model did you use and what was the problem you ran into? You have to verify that spot has good signal first.

Maybe the solution is that you need to new a carrier with stronger signal in your building. Cell phones work fine unless you are in an area with weak signal.

Just because your building which may have been built like a concrete bunker or in an area with a weak signal does not mean it will never work.

Who was the carrier? Did you check on their network map to verify there was signal in your area? Maybe T-mobile might have a better siganl than AT&T in your area or vise versa.

Please tell me more about your setup.

Thanks.

#20750 - 05/30/17 06:49 AM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: Silly]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

California has also outlawed ferrets, the first admendment, enforcing immigration laws and currently talking about outlawing the engines( basically any car that is not electric)

Why would I care about another state that I don't live in does?

Virginia has outlawed radar detectors however I don't live there so I use one.

Many times things become illegal because someome with a business interest has some lawmaker in his pocket.

I'm not sure if you noticed but most payphones(Landline) have been removed due to personal cell phones.

#20751 - 05/30/17 06:57 AM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: InFritzWeTrust]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

Originally Posted By: InFritzWeTrust
Here's a list:
T elguard
R ath
O tis
L enovo
L g

It's time to stop feeding this troll.

Telguard and Rath both makes ones however Lenovo and LG don't as far as I know.

What are you talking about troll? You are implying that I'm providing fake information in order to tease you in order to provoke a response? I can assure you that every company I listed does indeed make a wireless communicator however the only person who has done that is you by saying Lenovo
Lg in order to provoke a response. So you are the one who is a troll.

You are coming across like an old man yelling at kids to get off your lawn and stop paying that devil Rock N' Roll music! I bet you still use a fax machine too because email is too scary. lol

#20752 - 05/30/17 07:09 AM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: JHessorz]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

Originally Posted By: JHessorz
Never ran into wireless 2 way communication over here in NJ, that doesnt necessarily mean it is forbidden by code but thank god most building owners here dont use it. I wouldnt want to get stuck in that elevator.

How do you know that they are not using it? Its not like the elevator phone looks any different. Are you tracing the line back to the phone block and verifying its a landline?

#20757 - 05/30/17 09:32 PM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: SpaceLord]  
JHessorz Offline
Hazanko
JHessorz  Offline
Hazanko

NJ
Anyone with a pair of eyes can physically see the land line piped into said elevator controller.

You harp on people not embracing new wireless technology, what you seem to overlook is the point of the emergency phone itself. Land lines are currently the most reliable way to transmit. I wouldn't want to get trapped and put my life on the line because a landlord or building owner wanted to save a couple bucks.

I see that others have tried to give the same advice and you just keep defending this like you have stock in the wireless companies or something. Perhaps should you should go troll elsewhere.

#20765 - 05/31/17 08:45 AM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: JHessorz]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

Originally Posted By: JHessorz
Anyone with a pair of eyes can physically see the land line piped into said elevator controller.

You harp on people not embracing new wireless technology, what you seem to overlook is the point of the emergency phone itself. Land lines are currently the most reliable way to transmit. I wouldn't want to get trapped and put my life on the line because a landlord or building owner wanted to save a couple bucks.

I see that others have tried to give the same advice and you just keep defending this like you have stock in the wireless companies or something. Perhaps should you should go troll elsewhere.

I see a metal conduit coming from my elevator inside my utility room however it end going into a wall and into a maze of phone wires. You don't know from a casual glance is that is eventually feeding into a wireless communicator or a landline.

https://goo.gl/photos/LBMSKy6FPjy45kcr9

In my building room, you can't tell where the elevator line is going.

Moving on, I just asked for a list of companies that make a part for an elevator and I get a list of phony answers and personal attacks.

Its like asking for a list of hybrid car dealers and being told that you are gay for driving an electric car and probably going to die in a car crash for not driving a armored hummer or at least a SUV.

troll by its very definition is what you are doing. I am asking a legit question and being giving false information to provoke a response and attacked personally.

Now if you really do care about safety then you would tell me which one of these companies has the best or worst reputation.Otherwise I will just go with the cheapest.

If you don't like wireless elevator communicators, then get elected to congress and outlaw them or buy your own buildings and pay $200 a month / $2,400 a year for phone lines with less then 3 minutes of usage a year.

#21036 - 06/30/17 10:56 PM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: SpaceLord]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

This is a music video for everyone who replied to my valid question asking about a list of wireless communicator for the elevator phone with how the overreaction and over the top arguments "People will die" and " it should be illegal" statements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wxwNWy3jSw

enjoy.

Last edited by SpaceLord; 06/30/17 10:58 PM.
#21037 - 07/01/17 12:05 AM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: SpaceLord]  
Indirtwetrust Offline
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Offline
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
Ok now It makes sense...
You should stick with getting your opinions from talk radio.

#21038 - 07/01/17 01:57 AM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: Indirtwetrust]  
CraigZ Offline
stranger
CraigZ  Offline
stranger

I am very curious on some success stories and some of the services/phones that worked. I have people calling the company I work for on a regular basis looking for some alternatives to POTs lines they are paying big bucks for.

#22143 - 11/07/17 06:42 PM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: Indirtwetrust]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

Originally Posted By: Indirtwetrust
Ok now It makes sense...
You should stick with getting your opinions from talk radio.

You think youtube is a radio? Wow, you really are in the stone age.

How old are you grandpa? Does the computer scare you?

#22144 - 11/07/17 06:57 PM Re: List of cellular communicators for elevator phones [Re: CraigZ]  
SpaceLord Offline
SpaceLord  Offline

Originally Posted By: CraigZ
I am very curious on some success stories and some of the services/phones that worked. I have people calling the company I work for on a regular basis looking for some alternatives to POTs lines they are paying big bucks for.

Thank you for being honest and letting me know about how people are demanding a product that does exactly what I'm looking for.

Right now I can tell you that I learning towards the " The Elevator connect 1000" because it seem to be a straight forward way of doing this on a purpose built device vs the Telguard which they are trying to shoehorn a alarm product to do something it was not designed to do.

The Telguard also requires it contact the Telguard service first which is rerouted to the elevator monitoring company using a series of codes which translate into not working most of the time and with most of the devices. It has also been tested to work on the Viking 1600 and no other devices. Telguard also places them as an unnecessary middleman between in between of the call and requiring payment in a place they have no business being.

The The Elevator connect 1000 is advertised as working on all elevator phones, designed for this purpose and I think provides an immediate dial tone or connection without the middleman. I have not used this product yet but I am going to buy one soon and let you know how it goes. If the product works, I would then purchase more of them for my other buildings.

So bottom line is that Telguard is not a good product to use despite them having a big name in the alarm industry. The purpose built system to be the better way to do as far as I can tell.

Here is the product manual for the one I thinking about getting. What do you think?

http://www.esrmphones.com/files/EC-1000ProductGuide1.7.14.pdf

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit