Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 15 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Newest Members
Prairieelevator, Robot Rob, Montkone, Jevans, Clayshooter
8395 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,468
Posts36,656
Members8,395
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31230 - 06/09/21 12:46 AM Dover DMC hoistway scan issues  
RyeGuy Offline
RyeGuy  Offline

Having some troubles with a hoistway scan on a DMC-I. Unfortunately power was off with a dead battery and it lost all the parameters. Ive got the CLC parameters inputted however when trying to do a hoistway scan it comes back as 0 pulses recorded. Ive tried multiple times using all the ports, tried lowering car a bit below the BDL, saving the values right away and also after running car down an inch before saving (using world electronics software) and nothing seems to be working.

I did have one attempt that it recorded pulse values for the floors, but it didn't show any value in the saved section.

I am also resetting selector and CLC faults before starting hoistway scan

The LED stays on the whole time, and starts flashing at the end once I make it to TDL. Car was running fine before a jack sync sensor had to get replaced (replaced and working now).

No selector faults after the run, but I do get an "attempt to save incorrect floor data" on the CLC which I'm guessing is due to no pulse counts being saved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#31241 - 06/10/21 07:37 PM Re: Dover DMC hoistway scan issues [Re: RyeGuy]  
Indirtwetrust Offline
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Offline
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
I’ve had trouble in the past trying to help someone on a DMC with the World tool. I’ve never used it and it doesn’t translate will with the original FAST tool.
But, the time you saw values for floor positions but not in the saved field, that’s what it should look like until you save. (SEL PAR 0 SAVE on a FAST tool)
I usually do the scan from the machine room because it’s easier but as soon as something isn’t right I go to the car top so I can see the LED on the selector. No point running all the way to the top of the LED isn’t solid. When you put the car on the bottom limit, before you start running up the selector status should say SUP and the LED should be on solid. Run nonstop to the top limit, then bump the car down off the limit. If the scan was successful it will level in when you take it off inspect. Then you save and make sure the floor counts move from working value to saved. It’s also possible the selector isn’t counting. You can verify phase A and phase B are changing state with a meter at the selector and you can see if the CLC is seeing phase B change state through a variable.

#31245 - 06/11/21 12:41 AM Re: Dover DMC hoistway scan issues [Re: RyeGuy]  
Local8Elev8rman Offline
journeyman
Local8Elev8rman  Offline
journeyman

Bay Area
For the World tool I have picked up a few pointers. When you set eh car on the bottom directional check the pulse count. It should read 4098 or higher. If it's lower the scan will not take. I can't remember if the fix for that is a new aux sensor board or micro board. One other thing with some versions of Dover software and World tool is you have to save the scan twice after you complete it in order for it to save. for the second save don't move the car off the top directional just go thru the steps on the laptop and save it again. When you go back to check the pulse count they are saved. i hope this helps. Let me know.

#31246 - 06/11/21 12:43 AM Re: Dover DMC hoistway scan issues [Re: RyeGuy]  
Local8Elev8rman Offline
journeyman
Local8Elev8rman  Offline
journeyman

Bay Area
Also contact World if you still have issues. You purchased their tool they will provide support although may take them a while! a few days sometime unfortunately. They're like MCE that way.

#31259 - 06/14/21 07:55 PM Re: Dover DMC hoistway scan issues [Re: RyeGuy]  
RyeGuy Offline
RyeGuy  Offline

Thanks for the replies. Managed to get it working after another day of trying constantly. I was worried it was a selector component that failed but all is good!

#31284 - 06/18/21 06:01 PM Re: Dover DMC hoistway scan issues [Re: RyeGuy]  
Freddie Offline
Liftfixer
Freddie  Offline
Liftfixer

Central NJ
I'm having the same issue but upon reaching the top limit, the selector board light goes out and it doesn't save the pulse count. Also using the World tool and have many times before and never had this happen. Then to make matters worse, the Freedom tool stopped communicating with the CLC, selector and door board for absolutely no apparent reason. Thought maybe the tool went bad but it works fine on the other 2 cars. We did upload the parameters for this car, which I had saved, with no problems.

The reason the car lost parameters was it was down while the valve was replaced, so, can't see that had anything to do with it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#31285 - 06/18/21 08:24 PM Re: Dover DMC hoistway scan issues [Re: RyeGuy]  
Indirtwetrust Offline
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Offline
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
You do have to bump it down off the limit for it to write the working values of the floor counts.
But if you uploaded the parameters, why do you have to do a hoistway scan?
For troubleshooting the communication, separate the CLC, door, and selector to see which is the problem.

#31292 - 06/19/21 11:01 PM Re: Dover DMC hoistway scan issues [Re: RyeGuy]  
ILikeElevs Offline
ILikeElevs  Offline

USA
just boggles my mind every time i see someone having an issue with the $4600 DMC1 freedom ware tool or the 6k modul tool...such an easier way and at a fraction of the cost

#31295 - 06/21/21 02:03 PM Re: Dover DMC hoistway scan issues [Re: ILikeElevs]  
NewMech Offline
NewMech  Offline

Originally Posted by ILikeElevs
just boggles my mind every time i see someone having an issue with the $4600 DMC1 freedom ware tool or the 6k modul tool...such an easier way and at a fraction of the cost

What is the easier, cheaper way?

#31296 - 06/21/21 07:25 PM Re: Dover DMC hoistway scan issues [Re: Indirtwetrust]  
Freddie Offline
Liftfixer
Freddie  Offline
Liftfixer

Central NJ
Originally Posted by Indirtwetrust
You do have to bump it down off the limit for it to write the working values of the floor counts.
But if you uploaded the parameters, why do you have to do a hoistway scan?
For troubleshooting the communication, separate the CLC, door, and selector to see which is the problem.

I've used the freedom tool many times on DMC's and never had the hoistway pulse count included in the saved parameters.
Also never had to bump the car off the limit for the count to be saved.

I'll try your suggestions tomorrow and I thank you for them.

And ILikeElevs........I'll also ask, what is the easier, cheaper way?

#31315 - 06/23/21 04:15 PM Re: Dover DMC hoistway scan issues [Re: NewMech]  
ILikeElevs Offline
ILikeElevs  Offline

USA
any version of IMS with the DMC tool will work on the DMC1

#31316 - 06/23/21 04:18 PM Re: Dover DMC hoistway scan issues [Re: Freddie]  
ILikeElevs Offline
ILikeElevs  Offline

USA
Use the right tool for the job...see above.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit