Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 19 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano, zorktar, LiftsInSpace, Brian-EW
8457 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,499
Posts36,810
Members8,457
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33799 - 08/31/22 12:13 AM Hydro Floor to Floor time  
NOTIME Offline
NOTIME  Offline

Hydro Floor to Floor time

looking for info about hydro elev. floor to floor time by code , anyone has a pdf explaining by travel and car speed ?

thnks

#33800 - 08/31/22 01:45 AM Re: Hydro Floor to Floor time [Re: NOTIME]  
elmcannic Offline
addict
elmcannic  Offline
addict

S. Central Utah
I’ve never heard of “floor to floor time by code”. Consultants will ask for floor to floor times based on rated speed and rise (distance between floors) and industry standards. Sometimes trying to bring a 30 year old hydro to conform and perform to an industry standard of decades later just doesn’t work sometimes.
Certainly the code will cite any car running in excess of 10% more or less than rated speed (if checked), but that’s the only code reference I recall.
But…I could be wrong in the day and age in which we live. Nothing surprises me anymore no matter how ridiculous it may seem.

#33803 - 08/31/22 02:25 AM Re: Hydro Floor to Floor time [Re: NOTIME]  
danzeitz Offline
addict
danzeitz  Offline
addict

st.louis mo
As soon as we passed the consultants specs we would readjust for reasonable speeds mainly more door speeds than floor to floor run times. High speed doors just tear themselves up with high speed reversals. Also dwell times lengthened for hospitals and nursing homes vs office buildings.

#33804 - 08/31/22 09:59 AM Re: Hydro Floor to Floor time [Re: NOTIME]  
EElevator Offline
addict
EElevator  Offline
addict

If your running within 10% or so of contract speed, and your leveling times are not excessive theres nothing wrong. Basically your floor to floor times are what they are. I always shoot for never more than 4-5 seconds of stabilized leveling, 2 seconds being ideal. You can speed your doors up, but like elmcannic said, that comes at a price of reduced life cycle of your equipment. You can make sure your acceleration adjustments are quick, no long take off. Or you can look into a new faster elevator.

I would recommend downloading Kleemans Lift Tester App on an iPhone, it's free and very accurate. Use it to determine if your contract speed is what the elevator runs at full speed. I have tested that app on some 500 fpm cars and it's within 1-2 fpm.

I had a customer complain one time and said my elevator is supposed to be this speed, and these two floors are this far apart and the math says it should be x seconds but it's taking 10 seconds longer, it's not going fast enough. I had to explain acceleration, deceleration, leveling time..

#33810 - 08/31/22 10:05 PM Re: Hydro Floor to Floor time [Re: NOTIME]  
Vatorfixer Offline
stranger
Vatorfixer  Offline
stranger

I would recommend looking at A17.1-8.10.3 acceptance inspection and tests of hydraulic elevators. Maybe you can find the code references that you’re looking for. Not sure if it’s a new job or what code version you’re trying to comply with.

I remember fighting with a traction car trying to get original floor to floor times for the consultants report. Realizing that preopening had been taken off years earlier, I put it back on for the customer to ride. After taking it for a trip the customer said “ put it back to normal and we’ll take care of the consultants”

I agree with others that sometimes it’s hard on the equipment and ride quality trying to shave off another second. For what?

#33812 - 08/31/22 11:06 PM Re: Hydro Floor to Floor time [Re: NOTIME]  
Smitty Offline
bangyourheadhere
Smitty  Offline
bangyourheadhere

Annapolis Md.
Geez they are bugging you for flight time on an oil can? I have seen one rather interesting trick. Minnesota Elevator Vertitron has this new fangled leveling system that works in conjuction with a viscosity control sensor. You can actually bring a hydro into the floor similar to a traction unit.
As to how reliable it is or how they perform over time I don't know. Maybe one of these other guys has dealt with them more than I have. These consultants today are just ludicrous to deal with.

#33813 - 09/01/22 01:18 AM Re: Hydro Floor to Floor time [Re: Smitty]  
NOTIME Offline
NOTIME  Offline

Originally Posted by Smitty
Geez they are bugging you for flight time on an oil can? I have seen one rather interesting trick. Minnesota Elevator Vertitron has this new fangled leveling system that works in conjuction with a viscosity control sensor. You can actually bring a hydro into the floor similar to a traction unit.
As to how reliable it is or how they perform over time I don't know. Maybe one of these other guys has dealt with them more than I have. These consultants today are just ludicrous to deal with.

nothing impressive is not the final solution and the encoder belt after couple of months of heavy elevator traffic start to create some issues

#33817 - 09/02/22 01:09 AM Re: Hydro Floor to Floor time [Re: NOTIME]  
LAmech Offline
stranger
LAmech  Offline
stranger

I would take everything those consultants say with a grain of salt.

I have reports where they've measured everything in the green (up speed, door open, door close, etc) yet the performance time or floor to floor time is still unacceptable. How is that possible?

I also have report where they ding a 125fpm hydro for going 143fpm. Guess what speed I measured it at? Hint, it wasn't 143fpm

I could go on and on but what I would do if I were in your situation is ask building rep to ride the elevator with you and ask if they're happy with the ride. Then explain that the reports are nonsense and if they insist on making the changes explain it would likely lead to shortness of life for equipment.

side note: if you ever get a report for escalator it will always say auto oiler not working I guarantee it

#33861 - 09/10/22 04:47 PM Re: Hydro Floor to Floor time [Re: NOTIME]  
Johnny Offline
Journeyman
Johnny  Offline
Journeyman

Portland. Oregon
had a double-decker Hydro four stop that the consultants wrote up for one car leveling faster than the other.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit