Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 23 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,515
Posts36,882
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35129 - 04/21/23 10:05 PM DMC-I door set-up  
VatorMech93 Offline
VatorMech93  Offline

New York, New York
I have recently been working on troubleshooting a Dover DMC-I and using the FREEDOMWare software. I’ve been having door issues, with HD-85 operators, on a job and have been successfully able to make parameter changes to both operators. The issue I’m running into is that the faults I’m getting are leading me to believe I have to complete a door learn on each operator to achieve an updated pulse count. When attempting to click what I believe will let me start my door learn procedure, I am prompted with a warning that shaft will need to be learned. Ide like to avoid making any changes or learn procedures besides that for my doors. I know this is possible with a FAST tool, but I’m not sure about with the World Electronics software. If anyone has any experience doing this, or any information that would help, i would really appreciate it. Currently I have no access to a FAST tool.

#35131 - 04/22/23 12:31 AM Re: DMC-I door set-up [Re: VatorMech93]  
EElevator Offline
addict
EElevator  Offline
addict

First thing you need to do is pop the battery out of the CLC card, with power on. It's a BR2430. It should be over 3.0 vdc. If it's less than that replace it with a new battery. That's what stores the shaft learns, parameters, etc in the volatile memory.
No sense in going through all the setups if you can loose them if the power goes out.

It's pretty quick and easy to do a shaft learn on the dmc. Sit on the cartop with your laptop plugged into the door operators com plug and you can do it all from there.

One thing I've seen mess with door learns not taking or seting up right is loose hardware on the operator linkages. I'd put a wrench on all the bolts real quick to be sure.

I do find it a little odd it wants a shaft learn to do a door setup, mainly because it sounds like these cars are running currently and it wouldn't be running without a valid shaft setup saved. I'm not the most familiar with Worlds freedom tool, I've used it once or twice but normally use DMC Fast on a laptop. Have you called world to ask them? They should support their product with a little support for using it.

#35134 - 04/24/23 11:32 AM Re: DMC-I door set-up [Re: EElevator]  
VatorMech93 Offline
VatorMech93  Offline

New York, New York
I definitely plan on having a new battery to swap out the next time I get over to the job.

I’ve also went through all the operator linkages, made sure I’ve got no mechanical binds on the doors or operator linkages, and that all hardware is tight. We’ve changed out an operator motor and plan on changing the operator motor pulse count sensors.

Would I have to do the door learn from the operator? I’ve been able to make parameter changes from the car station and controller, but I’m not able to access anything when plugging my laptop directly into the operators.

I did reach out to World Electronics previously, but hadn’t heard back from them before writing this post. They’ve written me back telling me to ignore the warning, if I’m working on a DMC-1A. I’ve only seen it heard of the controller referred to as a DMC-I, so this also through me off a little.

#35135 - 04/24/23 12:42 PM Re: DMC-I door set-up [Re: VatorMech93]  
boomer Offline
journeyman
boomer  Offline
journeyman

Check your selector adjustments and make sure you have counts for your floors. If it’s missing those you may have to do a hoistway scan before you can do your door scan. If you’re lucky someone may have written theses down on the adjusters sheet and you can just type them in. Also make sure you have a good clc battery like the others said.

#35143 - 04/24/23 06:54 PM Re: DMC-I door set-up [Re: VatorMech93]  
Jluff Offline
old hand
Jluff  Offline
old hand

Are you getting 14 fault on your CLC ?

#35147 - 04/24/23 10:40 PM Re: DMC-I door set-up [Re: VatorMech93]  
Indirtwetrust Offline
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Offline
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
A DMC-1A is the budget model without a selector so they don’t need hoistway scans. And I don’t think you can manually enter floor heights.

#35152 - 04/25/23 12:49 AM Re: DMC-I door set-up [Re: boomer]  
VatorMech93 Offline
VatorMech93  Offline

New York, New York
I believe that my floor counts would be alright, being that the car is “running” without issues. Currently what’s happening is that my front door will take adjustments, but if my detector edge trips, the door will reopen fully and then slam shut at high speed. My rear door will open fine, but at times during the close it will slow down, speed up, slow down, then speed up until fully closed. I’ll be back on this job Wednesday and will definitely confirm my selector adjustments before I get started attempting the door learn.

Also now that I know the DMC-IA is the model without a selector, I know I just have a regular DMC-I.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit