Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 17 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,507
Posts36,835
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35380 - 06/21/23 08:45 PM DMC no hall or car calls  
Alpha1G Offline
stranger
Alpha1G  Offline
stranger

Afternoon brothers,

Found the unit on the top landing (3rd) floor with doors open. Ran through your typical maintenance check, broken parts, debri in track, same old same old. Closed everything up and turned the power back on. (Building owner had it off). The unit will run on inspection but will not take a hall call or car call. Button lights no latch. No blown fuses. I did find that the 3v battery in the car top box was dead, replaced that. I also tried jumping P24 to 1U, 2D etc, no luck there. I will have the laptop with DMC fast tomorrow to take a look at what’s going on. Any input would be appreciated. Thx

Last edited by Alpha1G; 06/21/23 08:45 PM.
#35381 - 06/21/23 09:34 PM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
lowoil Offline
Elevator guy
lowoil  Offline
Elevator guy

Wisconsin
Sounds like a cold start and you need to load the adjustments, perform a hoistway and door scan for starters. Replace the clc battery.

#35382 - 06/21/23 11:24 PM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
john jay Offline
old hand
john jay  Offline
old hand

ohio
With the power off and no voltage on the backup battery, you have to re-install everything.

#35384 - 06/22/23 12:25 AM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
EElevator Offline
addict
EElevator  Offline
addict

Not a huge deal, like the other guys said you lost your parameters. You just gotta go through all the CLC adjustments and make them correct. Don't forget to set the low 50s adjustments (51,52 etc) including the group for the floors it serves. In other words tell it the group has 3 floors even if it's a single car. Save all the adjustments as you go. Fire service Is off by default.

When you do your shaft setup and learn the door travel make sure you click on selector/front door then parameters then save all the parameters, you should see the value under saved as well as working. If you forget to go to the parameters and hit save, you will have all the values in the working field and you'll have a running car. But if power goes out you'll have to come back just to do a hoistway learn again. Learned that one the hard way.

The last couple times I've done a full setup on a dmc I didn't even have to do anything for the operator, after leveling down off the normal and putting it back on auto the doors cycled and learned the travel count themselves.

Easiest to sit on the cartop, you can do everything without moving.

#35385 - 06/22/23 12:27 AM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
EElevator Offline
addict
EElevator  Offline
addict

The help file on the dmc fast is actually very handy, gives you a description of every parameter, timer, adjustment etc.

If you don't have a mouse for your laptop, it's well worth running into walmart in the morning to grab a cheap corded one with the spinning dial in between the clickers

#35430 - 06/30/23 04:04 PM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: EElevator]  
Alpha1G Offline
stranger
Alpha1G  Offline
stranger

Thank you for the response, very helpful. I started entering all the correct parameters under CLC adjustments, starting at 001. However when I get to 048 and all the way to 086 the system shows “No data available from device”. Also when I change 002 witch is the number of floors from the factory setting “002” to “004” the car will not run on automatic. This car is a 4 stop. It refuses to see the other 2 floors and will only run when set to the factory setting.

Last edited by Alpha1G; 06/30/23 04:20 PM.
#35432 - 06/30/23 05:47 PM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
Indirtwetrust Offline
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Offline
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
Sounds like your software is old and doesn’t support the parameters over 48, that’s fine. You need to set the correct number of floors then do a hoistway scan.

#35434 - 07/01/23 01:14 AM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
elmcannic Offline
addict
elmcannic  Offline
addict

S. Central Utah
As EE said, “SAVE all parameters as you go”. Is this what you’re doing?
IDWT said, “ SET the number of floors, THEN do a hoistway scan”. We’re you successful in this?

Cold Start can be a pain if not too familiar with it.

#35508 - 07/13/23 06:00 PM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: elmcannic]  
Alpha1G Offline
stranger
Alpha1G  Offline
stranger

Yes correct, I am saving 1 parameter at a time as I go down the list, however something is off, this is a 4 stop, when I change the number of floors in the software and save it the unit won’t run on inspection. If I change it back to default it will.

#35515 - 07/14/23 03:48 PM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
Indirtwetrust Offline
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Offline
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
On a DMC, inspection is only relay logic. There’s nothing the CPU can do to prevent the car from running on inspection so you’re missing something. If it isn’t running on inspect just troubleshoot that, ideally with the great print in the back of the FAST Guide.

#35842 - 09/01/23 04:41 AM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
Alpha1G Offline
stranger
Alpha1G  Offline
stranger

Ok, sorry for the late response.

*Update”

Come to find out the battery holder was loose and the battery was not making good connection. *Fixed. The maintenance manager of the college keeps turning the elevator on and off and screwing with things. Fixed that with a loving conversation. I do have a much older software version and that threw me off a bit with the parameter list. I can not explain why but I had a fire service parameter set wrong and once I corrected it, saved it, did a learn run, the unit works.

First time doing this, never used a FAST tool and never lost a CLC before so it took me minute. Not that it really matters now but this particular unit has given me hell over several different issues. I have 6 other DMCs on campus, same rise, same piston diameter, same controller, same everything and only this unit gives me hell. The only difference I can tell is instead of having the CLC in the COP, they ran everything back to the car top and shoved 20lbs of wire in a 5lb box. It’s ridiculous. I had a short across F3 fuse one time and it took me over 2 weeks to find. Completely intermittent. I had to put a filament light bulb across the fuse and catch it in the act. Ran back & forth to the machine room from the car top 30 freakin times lifting 1 wire at a time until I found it. Another fun prize is the Hoistway is entirely too large for the unit. I thought that maybe there had been something here before but no. There’s 7 feet…. Yes 7 feet from the edge of the cab to the back wall. The university refuses to let us install a handrail per code and per my saftey. The inspector failed to write it up. So that’s my rant.

Thank you for the information and assistance in helping me fix this. I do appreciate it 👍🏼

Last edited by Alpha1G; 09/01/23 04:46 AM.
#35861 - 09/01/23 11:55 PM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
VTR Tech Offline
observer
VTR Tech  Offline
observer

South Central USA
thanks for updating. yeah setting up parameters from a dead clc batt and figuring out the tool your first time is a pain. i would much prefer a dmc over some of the new crap nowadays though. they were a solid controller. can you explain your trick with the filament bulb across the fuse? what does this show you? i usually just put several inline fuses in, so i would love to hear an explaination of how someone else deals with it

#35899 - 09/08/23 09:47 PM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
waglip Offline
stranger
waglip  Offline
stranger

Sometimes the instruction in the manual for hoist and door travel doesn't work very well.
After entering all the CLC adjustments correctly, the best I found is:

1. In Inspect move the hoist to the bottom floor level.
2. Press reset microswitch on the door board (sometimes the door doesn't do the learning if not reseted)
3. On IMS go CLC adjustments 1 and change to 1 (enter/enter) then to zero (enter/enter), then clear all CLC faults, make sure of that.
4. On IMS Selector Parameter 0 and click Preset.
5. Now, the selector LED must be solid on, if it is blinking, you need to move the car down from 1" to 2", releasing hidraulic pressure a bit, then the Selector LED will be solid on.
6. While still in inspection move manually the car up to the final limit in the sky, this will make Selector to learn the counts and floors.
7. After some seconds (I already had 10 seconds) IMS Selector Parameter 1 should show the actual learning value, just wait until it shows, then Selector Parameter 0 and SAVE.
8. Then click IMS Door Parameter 1, switch Inspection OFF to automatic, the DOOR should make its own learning open/close and after few seconds will show the value on Door Parameter 1.
9. Click IMS DOOR Parameter 0 and SAVE.

Works everytime like a charm. The tricky here is (5).

If the door doesn't make its auto travel learning, something went wrong, redo all of the above.

#35902 - 09/09/23 12:25 AM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
Indirtwetrust Offline
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Offline
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
The hoistway setup and door scan are completely independent…. If you have a successful hoistway scan there’s no reason to do it again to get a door scan to take. To do a door scan, weather it be immediately after a HW scan or later after moving a limit. Car on auto, open the door to the limit, put on inspection, clear the faults, DOR PAR O PRE, STS 1 E, take off inspect, should see SUP so you know the door is in setup mode, let the doors close. Check your new scan value in DOR PAR 1, then DOR PAR 0 SAV.
For the hoistway scan I almost always do it from the machine room with a jumper from INB to INU, bump down off the limit, check that floors have values, SEL PAR 0 SAV. Take it off inspect and it should level in. If it fails I’ll go to the car top to watch the selector LED but it rarely does.

#35908 - 09/11/23 05:37 PM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
waglip Offline
stranger
waglip  Offline
stranger

I am sorry Indirtwetrust, I am new on this, but INB will only have 24V with inspection OFF (automatic). When you jump INB to INU, what good is that with inspection ON?

#35909 - 09/11/23 06:06 PM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
Indirtwetrust Offline
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Offline
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
You’re right but look at pulling INB and jumping it to INU or IND like machine room inspection. Same applies to any controller with MR inspection, won’t work if car is on access or car top.
As far as the problems getting a door scan, what program are you using? It’s been years but I do remember there being something tricky about using the old DMC FAST PC program with “Orange Cable”. I’ve also never used the World tool but I think they have their own instructions. The FAST tool, and any of TK’s programs that look just like the FAST tool, work just like per the FAST Guide or big book.

#35911 - 09/12/23 04:04 PM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
waglip Offline
stranger
waglip  Offline
stranger

Yes Indirtwestrust, jumper from INB to INU or IND in AUTOMATIC will move the car up or down.
Also, I am using the DMC FAST with Orange cable (RS232 to RS485). Files saved to FAST from CLC, when download to CLC will not populate all the adjustments values, several are intentionally missed, such as the hoist and door learning, forcing the tech to do this manually after changing CLC board or battery goes down.

#35913 - 09/13/23 12:01 AM Re: DMC no hall or car calls [Re: Alpha1G]  
Indirtwetrust Offline
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Offline
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
That is odd… I don’t remember that being a problem but I know there are a lot of guys on here that still use that program. Maybe one of them has seen that or has a suggestion. Nice thing I remember about that tool is it saves the transfers from CLC to FAST as files so you could have your whole route backed up if you wanted. Not really very useful though if it doesn’t transfer the learned parameters.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit