Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Tjhats12, john jay), 15 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,509
Posts36,849
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35703 - 08/11/23 02:07 PM Tac-32 Weird jack issue  
Alpha1G Offline
stranger
Alpha1G  Offline
stranger

Good morning brothers,

I have a 3-stop Tac-32 that was recently re-packed and new check valves. About a week after the repair crew changed everything I get a call and they tell me the elevator is making a loud noise when it gets to the 3rd floor. I get there, I ride it up and about the last 2, or 3 inches of leveling into the floor there is a hard vibration. Sounds a feels very rough. It’s just on the 3rd landing in that spot.

A place the car on inspection and ride it down, feels fine. Then I ride up and the car starts bouncing like CRAZY. Bump, bump, bump.

I’m unclear as to this being a valve issue or something wrong with the new packings. I pulled the up leveling screen out and cleaned it and also added a gallon of MaxGlide oil additive but no change in the condition.

Any thoughts on this?

#35704 - 08/11/23 03:11 PM Re: Tac-32 Weird jack issue [Re: Alpha1G]  
Norcan Offline
Norcan  Offline

I also had the same thing happen to me only on a 2 stop twin post synchronized telescopic. Make sure the cylinders are level to each other by removing jack bolts and buffing out the car and let the cylinders fully collapse away from the strike plates. Measure the distance between strike plates and top of cylinders and see if they are equal. The elevator will do a automatic resync usually once a week in the middle of the night and if the cylinders don't fully collapse onto the check valves you will have issues. Make sure Jack bolts are long enough to let the cylinders collapse away from strike plates and enough time in the parameter settings for the resync to work properly. You mentioned cleaning the up level screen. There is also another screened input on the oildraulic valve on the side behind a plate with 4 bolts. I believe it's part of the bypass. Carefully check it for any debris as well.

#35709 - 08/11/23 09:52 PM Re: Tac-32 Weird jack issue [Re: Alpha1G]  
Indirtwetrust Offline
ElevatorPractitioner
Indirtwetrust  Offline
ElevatorPractitioner

Local 18
So couple things on the TKE telescopic jacks.
The runby and bottom overtravel are critical for it to work correctly. Minimum bottom overtravel is 8-1/2” and ya, the jacks need to be at the same height. If you pull the springs and manual lower it, you must be clear of the buffer stands so that you can bottom out the jacks to get a full manual re-sync when necessary. It’s a super common misconception that the bolts are long so that the jacks can fall away and bottom out when the car does an auto re-sync. The inertia bolts, or jump bolts, are for hitting the stop ring at high speed. If the measurements are correct the check valves open when the car hits the springs. It should be set to do it once a day and I max out the duration, I think it’s 30 seconds. Make sure the inertia bolts turn by hand so you know the jacks aren’t bound. Always pull the springs and do a manual re-sync when you’re having any trouble. You can sit a piece of paper or cardboard on the stand when you do it so you can see if it’s bottoming out or not.

#35729 - 08/14/23 07:28 PM Re: Tac-32 Weird jack issue [Re: Alpha1G]  
Neville Offline
stranger
Neville  Offline
stranger

Please check there is no air in the system. Consider stopping the lift on the top floor for 2-3 hours or overnight so the air separates from the oil. Then ensuring motor does not operate, lower the cabin in inspection to access the bleeding screw on the piston. Bleed out the air till oil begins coming out.
Hopefully this should address the issue. Please keep us posted.

Also check when the lift is at the top level, the motor is submerged in the oil, and top up the oil if necessary.

Last edited by Neville; 08/14/23 07:35 PM. Reason: Added one more point
#35736 - 08/15/23 11:25 AM Re: Tac-32 Weird jack issue [Re: Alpha1G]  
KSNY Offline
KSNY  Offline

Air in jacks, check valves not set right, pistons not bottoming out or could be leveling speed in up is a little to slow if its a terminal floor.... I had this issue and confirmed all this was correct I added 1-1.5 gallon of the Maxton Max Gluide (helps with tight packings and is an additive for the oil) and problem went away... I was sceptical at first but now I am believer.

Last edited by KSNY; 08/15/23 11:25 AM.

I like elevators and cars. Be Smart Work Safe!
#35745 - 08/16/23 08:46 AM Re: Tac-32 Weird jack issue [Re: Alpha1G]  
Neville Offline
stranger
Neville  Offline
stranger

You say it only happens at top floor and not at the intermediate floor correct?
If this is the case, are your terminal switches interfering with the normal position reference system?
Temporarily bypass the up slow down limit switch and the up direction limit switch, but keep the final limit switch in circuit and check whether the problem disappears. If yes re-adjust the limit switches and put them back in circuit.

Also check whether at this position any related traveling cable wire is losing continuity and sparking because strands are broken.

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit