Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 6 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,525
Posts36,927
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3742 - 05/31/12 09:59 PM Tac 50 04 slow dispathing  
galaxy Offline
galaxy  Offline

I have two buildings with older Tac 50 04s. One is a duplex, the other is a triplex. I was working on a car at the duplex building today, had it on inspection, the other car in service at the same landing and it would not answer a hall call at that landing. After a few minutes it took off for another hall call and came back for the one where I was at. The triplex building is the same senario, and 1 car serves 1 more landing and it frequently will latch and cancel a hall at that landing (in normal operation ofcourse). The controls are the 18 bit processors. Does anyone know if Thyssen has a software fix for this or something?

#3743 - 05/31/12 11:09 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: galaxy]  
E-man Offline
addict
E-man  Offline
addict

I have a building of 6 cars. Had a problem with Car 1 the other day and turned it off to work on it and the other cars went on block/wildcard. Wonder why Car 2 didn't take over? Not trying to hijack, just figured I may get some hints about T4 dispatching.

Last edited by E-man; 05/31/12 11:10 PM.
#3744 - 05/31/12 11:09 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: galaxy]  
ifrratedpilot Offline
journeyman
ifrratedpilot  Offline
journeyman

South East US
What tool are you using to communicate with these units, it may be your tool causing the problem if it's not an IMS recognized tool. I know of one tool that will shut a entire bank down if you shut one car down using the tool.

Nothing to prove anymore, done it all.
#3745 - 06/01/12 12:38 AM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: ifrratedpilot]  
galaxy Offline
galaxy  Offline

I can spell dispatching, anyhow I also had a call on the triplex job today and I strolled over, saw the car not responding to its one penthouse level call. I ran the car down on m.room inspect, the car re-leveled and started answering hall calls. No tool hooked up. Yes my laptop is not a IMS, but I know that's not the root cause here. We also have a real IMS tool, (my company has deep pockets) So I'm pretty sure its not a issue like that.

Thanks for the replies, keep 'em coming

#3746 - 06/01/12 12:54 AM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: galaxy]  
ifrratedpilot Offline
journeyman
ifrratedpilot  Offline
journeyman

South East US
LOL. another disconnect reset artist. seen tons of you guys come and go. you will be there again tomorrow.

what does your tool tell you that you have for faults? Car and Group?

put some info out here if you want a fix, or keep doing the poor man's reset.

#3751 - 06/01/12 02:17 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: ifrratedpilot]  
galaxy Offline
galaxy  Offline

I've worked with a lot of arrogant pricks like you in my 20 years. I'm a service adjuster, the majority of them are not. I'm asking if anyone out there has seen this and what the fix was. Your tip about a non IMS tool messing up a group is valid, but not the cause here. I've been logged into the triplex job before, all 3 cars in normal operation, service car not answering its penthouse level hall call, no faults remotely pointing to group communications

#3761 - 06/01/12 09:59 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: galaxy]  
ifrratedpilot Offline
journeyman
ifrratedpilot  Offline
journeyman

South East US
Is the penthouse module and pica fuse any good?

And thank you, I am an arrogant prick, most mechanics won't allow a helper to carry my tools.

#3764 - 06/02/12 01:18 AM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: ifrratedpilot]  
lepricon Offline
stranger
lepricon  Offline
stranger

Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted By: ifrratedpilot
Is the penthouse module and pica fuse any good?

And thank you, I am an arrogant prick, most mechanics won't allow a helper to carry my tools.

ifrratedpilot: there is no such device as a "penthouse module" I assume you are asking the poster to check the HN module for the penthouse or the CNA IO in the machine room. Also there is no such thing as a PICA fuse. They are called PICO fuses.
If he had a bad PICO fuse the hall calls would be dead. If your going to be an arrogant prick at least be an arrogant prick armed with proper facts/suggestions.

To the poster: I would check the hall call assign table. You could have one car assigned to answer the PH level and the rest disabled. Beyond that I would do a TECCR TECC which will reset/relearn the CAN card information:

Regards

Lepricon

#3765 - 06/02/12 01:41 AM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: lepricon]  
ifrratedpilot Offline
journeyman
ifrratedpilot  Offline
journeyman

South East US
Up yours dick, if this guy doesn't know what I'm referring to, as of course YOU don't, then get a job as a greeter at your local WalMart.

You both certainly don't belong working on elevators.

You can label TC CAR CALL, TOP DOWN HALL BUTTON any friggin thing you want. If you are too dumb to know the difference in the numonics I will label you a dumb F.

Got it? Good. Enough said.

#3766 - 06/02/12 01:45 AM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: ifrratedpilot]  
ifrratedpilot Offline
journeyman
ifrratedpilot  Offline
journeyman

South East US
You wouldn't happened to be " Dean 'look how tough I am' Jarvis " would you?

I biatch slapped your old man years ago.

#3767 - 06/02/12 11:50 AM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: ifrratedpilot]  
aquadag Offline
elevator lifer
aquadag  Offline
elevator lifer

NYC
pilot you need to be banned from this forum rudeness is not appreciated or accepted

#3768 - 06/02/12 05:47 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: aquadag]  
Administrator Offline
Administrator
Administrator  Offline
Administrator

Orange County, California
Hey guys we're all on the same team here. This forum was not created to insult or berate each other. It's to help each other out when we're in trouble or need information to do our job. Let's keep the posts professional and productive going forward. We have to deal with a lot crap in the field, we shouldn't have to get slammed here for asking a simple question. Thanks for your participation!!

#3769 - 06/02/12 07:29 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: Administrator]  
christycollett Offline
addict
christycollett  Offline
addict

Monterey, CA
Come on you guys, you need to give pilot a break and take it easy on the poor guy. The misspellings and racial epilates are obviously the result of knocking back a few after a hard day of being the company’s or maybe even the industry’s first and foremost “Prima Donna”

#3770 - 06/02/12 09:23 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: christycollett]  
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
jkh  Offline
4 Ever Learning.

It seems that many of us here are not new to the industry. We all have our own style, beliefs and convictions. It is each one of our own choice on how we perceive infrratedpilot! I have made the choice not to let his style upset me. It is my opinion that everyone can contribute to our discussions. And it is my choice to take out what I see as a value and discard the rest.

Infrratedpilot please keep posting! I may not agree with everything you put out there. But I do appreciate that you are trying.

And maybe in time you will speak to us in a more conservative manner.

Or maybe not!

Make good choices,

JKH
#3771 - 06/02/12 09:36 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: jkh]  
ifrratedpilot Offline
journeyman
ifrratedpilot  Offline
journeyman

South East US
I didn't start it and I will let you know now you got to tough when you are stupid.

I've repair and shot trouble on more equipment than most guys will ever see over the phone.

The man posted vaguely what his problem was.

I need his eyes to tell me what is going on or I can't help him. He provided no info on what he has for a tool or exactly what was going on until about his 12th post.

All of this could have been avoided but someone thinks I'm a prick.

So be it. I'll let you flounder and after you are reduced to the idiot stage, I'll help you.

Last edited by ifrratedpilot; 06/02/12 09:37 PM.

#3772 - 06/02/12 10:57 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: ifrratedpilot]  
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
jkh  Offline
4 Ever Learning.

I'm not putting you down!

I'm saying you have a different style then I do!

When I started in this industry 27 years ago. The first job I was on I worked for an (what I would call) old school mechanic. A mean son of a gun! I felt like everything I would do was wrong. Finally at one point he turned to me and asked for a 9/16" box wrench. I pulled it out of his bag and handed it to him! He went to use the wrench and it was too big! He turned to me threw the wrench and it hit me in the chest. He then told me he said a 1/2" box wrench. I picked up the 9/16 put it back where it belonged in his bag. I pull the 1/2" and threw it back at him. I told him at the end of the day one of two things were going to happen! He was either going to apologize willingly or I would beat it out of him!

The next day I was called into the office. I was asked what happened so I gave my side of the story. Thinking this was my last day. The boss told me that he was a great mechanic and I could learn a lot from him. To this day we are still friends and I'm glad I gave it another chance.

My point is this I'm not thin skinned! And if I find someone else's personality to be different to mine. I don't get offended and dismiss them!

Make good choices,

JKH
#3773 - 06/03/12 12:19 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: jkh]  
galaxy Offline
galaxy  Offline

Thanks for the tips Lepricon. I'll re-state the situation starting with the triplex job. Any of the 3 cars can be in service and not answer a hall at the floor that they're at. After a bit they'll take off and go. The car that serves the penthouse level will usually respond to that floor on a hall call just fine, but in low traffic situations, it'll be in service at a different floor or at the penthouse level and if you place a penthouse level hall call, it will latch it for 30 seconds or so and then cancel it. Each car at the duplex job serves the same landings and like I said earlier, a car can be out of service and the in service car won't answer hall calls at the landing where its at. Two different buildings with the same issues. Thats why I asked if anyone has seen this and if Thyssen has a fix for this issue. For example, the Kone KCM 831 had a lot of issues with the ADON 1 boards, Kone realized this and came out with the ADON 2 board. I'll dig into this Tac 50 04 issue more this week, I was just looking for the easy way out on this one.

#3774 - 06/03/12 02:46 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: galaxy]  
ifrratedpilot Offline
journeyman
ifrratedpilot  Offline
journeyman

South East US
Originally Posted By: galaxy
Thanks for the tips Lepricon. I'll re-state the situation starting with the triplex job. Any of the 3 cars can be in service and not answer a hall at the floor that they're at. After a bit they'll take off and go. The car that serves the penthouse level will usually respond to that floor on a hall call just fine, but in low traffic situations, it'll be in service at a different floor or at the penthouse level and if you place a penthouse level hall call, it will latch it for 30 seconds or so and then cancel it. Each car at the duplex job serves the same landings and like I said earlier, a car can be out of service and the in service car won't answer hall calls at the landing where its at. Two different buildings with the same issues. Thats why I asked if anyone has seen this and if Thyssen has a fix for this issue. For example, the Kone KCM 831 had a lot of issues with the ADON 1 boards, Kone realized this and came out with the ADON 2 board. I'll dig into this Tac 50 04 issue more this week, I was just looking for the easy way out on this one.

OK, here we go. I had the same problem on a goup of 5 with a swing car.

Go through your security options, TKE offers a ton of different variations in the security department.

You may have to play around to get it all to start working again properly if it did work properly in the first place.

If the car was at the floor, the hall button would light but no doors would open. But the car would answer a hall call on a different floor and take car calls. It turned out to be a security option that was adjusted wrong.

#3793 - 06/06/12 04:42 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: ifrratedpilot]  
galaxy Offline
galaxy  Offline

Well ifrrated pilot, your last post is good information and its a avenue I'm going to check out when I get to the job, hopefully tomorrow. By the way I go on vacation and I'm afraid to reply to your posts? I'm going to try to be civil from here on out. Thankyou for the info.

#3800 - 06/06/12 10:55 PM Re: Tac 50 04 slow dispathing [Re: galaxy]  
ifrratedpilot Offline
journeyman
ifrratedpilot  Offline
journeyman

South East US
Galaxy,

appreciated the kind words, sorry...

you are my eyes man, i have to know whats going on there...

i hope the TKE security bit helps, you described the same problem I had, it was a nightmare. took me a while to get it but i got it... and it was a security adjustment...

do you have any TKE literature on the security options???

i can PDF them and PM them to you... if you'd like, if this forum will allow that...

otherwise ifrratedpilot@msn.com 24/7/365

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit