Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 10 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,531
Posts36,947
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4572 - 09/08/12 08:59 AM IGV MRL  
Ray H Offline
stranger
Ray H  Offline
stranger

I have a problem with IGV MRL approx 2010 - the lift works fine all week, then over a weekend something happens as monday morning I get a call out lift 0-0-0
on arrival processor flashing 06 - relevel fault - press reset button lift works fine lift is level at floor no problems all week until after weekend again same fault, lift always at ground floor level with floor processor flashing 06
Any suggestions or help?

#4573 - 09/08/12 11:24 AM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Ray H]  
Robert Krieger Offline
Robert Krieger  Offline

Camarillo, CA
What happens on the weekend that does not happen during the week? Sometimes, when its hoof sounds, its horses and not zebras.

#4576 - 09/08/12 11:02 PM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Robert Krieger]  
Vic Offline
jack of all depts
Vic  Offline
jack of all depts

orange county, CA
Hey, Ray...

What's an "IGV"? European, Asian, or?

#4577 - 09/08/12 11:28 PM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Vic]  
Johnny Offline
Journeyman
Johnny  Offline
Journeyman

Portland. Oregon
Is this a traction MRL or a hydro MRL? Big temperature changes over the weekend? Relevel issues? Is the car level when you come in on Monday? How new is the job? Has this always been a problem? What type of level sensors? Infrared or magnetic? Cockroaches running in front of the sensors? Dirty lenses? Will it get the fault if both LU and LD sensed at the same time? Dead Zone too close? All you have to do is hit the reset and everything works? Does the car move when you reset it? (relevel?)

#4578 - 09/09/12 11:07 AM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Johnny]  
Ray H Offline
stranger
Ray H  Offline
stranger

IGV is an Italian package and its a HYDRAULIC MRL hence re-level fault
Fault has just started last couple of weeks, lift is quite new 2010.
After reset or before reset lift is level at floor, and after reset the lift will just run as normal, no re-levelling takes place, senses are pencil switches reading magnets.
I might check but LU LD should be seen together and then as pencil switch drops off magnet it re-levels until it see s it again
I suspect something untoward maybe happening over the weekend but I am being told nothing does
Thanks for your responses, please send ideas forward may hit a note , not sure about horses and zebras though !! lol

#4580 - 09/09/12 06:26 PM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Ray H]  
Johnny Offline
Journeyman
Johnny  Offline
Journeyman

Portland. Oregon
I should have asked whether it was on switch leveling or off switch leveling. Most off switch leveling causes a fault if both LU and LD are sensed at the same time. What kind of building is this? Office, apartments, doctors? Are there cleaning or maintenance people in the building doing something? Is there any other traffic in the building on the weekend? I know it is difficult, but could it be checked halfway through the weekend to see exactly when it faults? If you have a shutoff valve in the machine room, cut it off and wait 10 or 15 seconds and see if the pressure falls off. It it does, then you will have a relevel every 5 minutes or so, and this may cause your problem.

#4581 - 09/09/12 06:46 PM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Johnny]  
Johnny Offline
Journeyman
Johnny  Offline
Journeyman

Portland. Oregon
Do you know what will trigger a relevel fault? Too many relevels in a period of time? Releveling taking too long to get back to the floor? Use your hand pump and see if DOWN relevel works on Monday morning? Down directional limit set too close to the first floor, not allowing down leveling?

#4583 - 09/09/12 07:45 PM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Johnny]  
Ray H Offline
stranger
Ray H  Offline
stranger

Thanks guys really appreciate your comments:
Its an office block, tried shut off valve doesnt appear to sink so re=level. As I have said its level on arrival after fault. Cannot be sure whether anyone is in building over weekend I am told there shouldnt be but this is from office staff not maintenance staff
I dont know at this point what is causing the fault to appear, the manual just says 06 - re-level fault, it doesnt sat whether failed to relevel or relevelled several times etc. I was hoping someone might know who read this.
I am happy to keep listening, you guys are in us this is in uk just to let you know.
many thanks

#4586 - 09/10/12 12:35 AM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Ray H]  
Johnny Offline
Journeyman
Johnny  Offline
Journeyman

Portland. Oregon
Did the pressure drop off when you shut off the tank valve? Give it 15 seconds. If it drops at all, it will cause a relevel. Also, when the oil cools off, it will contract which will cause a relevel. Hit your manual lowering button and cause a relevel 6 or 7 times in a minute and see if it throws an 06 fault. We use IGV valves, but dont use the controller.

#4587 - 09/10/12 01:05 AM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Johnny]  
uppo72 Offline
addict
uppo72  Offline
addict

i think whats happening here is there may be no movement of the lift( no use) and you might be getting a little leakage back into the tank. this will cause the lift drop a little but the relevel function maybe to close to floor level and not relevel properly which may trigger this 06 fault. if it runs on pencil readers i would extend the up(bottom) magnet longer(about 1/2 to 1 inch) to let the lift go more under floor level which may give it a more positive relevel. it certainly cant hurt the action anyway. ive had this on a spanish type we use.

#4594 - 09/10/12 08:03 PM Re: IGV MRL [Re: uppo72]  
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
jkh  Offline
4 Ever Learning.

The Idrofit pump units are equipped with a pressure gauge on top of the valve. If thats what it is! You may want to try to read the static pressure one more time. Turn the power off, close the shutoff line valve. Read the pressure. Wait 10 or 15 minutes and compare the pressure readings. If the pressure dropps it's in the valve. If not check the floor level, leave it off overnight. Then check to see if the elevator car creeped down over night.

This way you will have ruled out the system holding pressure...

Make good choices,

JKH
#4603 - 09/12/12 04:04 AM Re: IGV MRL [Re: jkh]  
Vic Offline
jack of all depts
Vic  Offline
jack of all depts

orange county, CA
Ray, try posting your question on the Elevator Shack forum. There are a lot (mostly?) Europeans on that site. Another great resource.

#4609 - 09/12/12 08:38 PM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Vic]  
Ray H Offline
stranger
Ray H  Offline
stranger

Vic
Many thanks
ray

#5124 - 11/11/12 12:03 AM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Ray H]  
Danger mooose Offline
stranger
Danger mooose  Offline
stranger

Hi the answer to your problem is fault code 06 relates to your anti creep unit is not functioning properly

And considering its quite random i would most probably say it is pencil switch ZP which is your relevel one im sure its a normally open switch.

If not that check down slowing/stopping pencil i think is RFS

What happens is the switch doesnt work properly on a run/or relevel it causes a channel on anticreep to tell main board theres a fault and will then home to ground and sit out of service.

This threads been up for a while so its probably been sorted by now if not hope this helps.

Danny W

21st century lifts ltd

#5150 - 11/15/12 08:09 PM Re: IGV MRL [Re: Danger mooose]  
GJJ Offline
stranger
GJJ  Offline
stranger

Hi

Having done loads of these mrls, the code 06 correctly mentions releveling problem, possible causes are, the oil thickening up, assuming you haven't got the oil heater fitted and struggles to flow through the valve, adjustment needed of the block.

ZP inductor faulty or the ZP magnet set incorrectly, make sure the inductor is no more than 15mm away from the magnet. I have also found the LP1 telemac relays to be unreliable at times, especially the add on blocks. The CRS module can also become faulty because the +/- module supply voltage percentage is not good. The power supply Connection come from igv set at 50 v ac input, this creates a 27 vdc output instead of the 24 v required, then the CRS modules become faulty creating 06 codes and failure to level and open the doors, move the input wire to 60v terminal on the psu board.

Rfs [up slow and stop] could cause a problem, but you would see it all the time during normal running, if it is fitted with rfs and rfd relays, try cleaning the contacts.

Best of luck

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit