Who's Online Now
1 registered members (wltr00), 23 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
vacheera, KM Elevator, Shawzee, ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano
8461 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,521
Posts36,908
Members8,461
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5865 - 02/15/13 05:13 AM DMC Problem  
Administrator Online content
Administrator
Administrator  Online Content
Administrator

Orange County, California
I have a DMC Duplex that was installed in 2002. One of the cars has a rear opening on the bottom landing. The other car is front opening only. On normal operation both cars work fine and door operation is perfect. When on phase II fire service, the car with front and rear openings will only open its door 1" and immediately closes the door when pushing the door open button. All door operation parameters and fire service parameters are set the same for both cars. Any ideas ?

#5871 - 02/16/13 02:53 AM Re: DMC Problem [Re: Administrator]  
Ibconelson Offline
Rag Man
Ibconelson  Offline
Rag Man

West Tex
At the bottom floor do the front and rear doors do the same thing if you push front and rear open buttons on phase II?

#5872 - 02/16/13 03:38 AM Re: DMC Problem [Re: Ibconelson]  
sbrmilitia Offline
addict
sbrmilitia  Offline
addict

Most likely something to do with a BIT or Parameter. Do you have a list of these you can run thru and check everythng is as it shoud be. If not pm me

#5879 - 02/16/13 08:12 AM Re: DMC Problem [Re: sbrmilitia]  
Administrator
Administrator

The rear door does the same thing on the bottom floor and the front door does it on all other floors. I went through each parameter and compared this car with the other car that is working properly. Other than floor validation for the rear opening, all the parameters are set the same. While on Phase II operation I've checked to make sure all inputs are correct: DOL, DCL, DCB, DOB, Phase II key switch. This ones got me stumped crazy

#5880 - 02/16/13 01:35 PM Re: DMC Problem [Re: Administrator]  
uppo72 Offline
addict
uppo72  Offline
addict

Up until we allowed the euro rules to co habitate, our fire service worked like this. A fire service recall key switch on the main terminal floor would call all lifts to that floor and maintain a feed to the car call to keep the doors open. Then fireys' would then switch the car over to fire service(to the on, then to start to move) to check the individual floors for fires. When you got to the floor selected (1 call at a time) the doors didnt open on their own you had to use the DOB. If there was a fire on opening and if the door wasnt more than half way open the door would immediately close over(protecting them from the fire) when you took your finger off the button. I wonder if thats what's wrong here(new program). Can you try to push and hold the DOB until the door is more than half way or fully open?

#5881 - 02/16/13 03:12 PM Re: DMC Problem [Re: uppo72]  
EDMAn Offline
stranger
EDMAn  Offline
stranger

In Ontario, our code requires constant pressure on the door open button until the doors reach the open limit, and same idea when closing. Check CLC adjustments 20, 23, and 27...

#5884 - 02/16/13 04:32 PM Re: DMC Problem [Re: EDMAn]  
Administrator
Administrator

Our FS code is the same function. In this case the elevator recalls fine on phase I to the primary recall floor. Then when switched to Phase II, the doors will close with constant pressure on DCB. Upon arrival to the selected floor the door should open if constant pressure is held on DOB. This elevator's door only opens 1" and immediately re-closes with constant pressure on DOB. It basically traps you in the car because the door pressure to open manually is quite strong. The only way to reset the car is to bring it back to the recall floor and open the doors manually.

#5885 - 02/16/13 05:35 PM Re: DMC Problem [Re: Administrator]  
Administrator
Administrator

CLC adjustments are as follows: 20= 000, 23= 000, 27= 001. Same as working car.
One thing I forgot to mention, I got on the car top during phase II and tried to open the door manually with the button on the door board and had the same result. It seems the software is preventing the door from opening for some reason. The open button on the door board works normally when the car is in normal operation. WTF!!

#5888 - 02/16/13 07:02 PM Re: DMC Problem [Re: Administrator]  
EDMAn Offline
stranger
EDMAn  Offline
stranger

Sounds like a good one... what about the 5v supply on the operator? I've seen problems arise when it drops below 4.9v.... Dover stuff is notorious for that...

Maybe check CLC timer 7 as well (stuck DOB)...

#5889 - 02/16/13 10:48 PM Re: DMC Problem [Re: EDMAn]  
Administrator
Administrator

I'll have to go back and start checking more stuff. The hotel started getting busy and I'm sure they were getting tired of me putting the elevators on fire service over and over again. Here's something else that was weird, since this is the Master car in the duplex. When we put this car on Phase II, even if we turn the other car loose the hall calls don't work for that car. Only when we reset the car were working on do the hall calls start working again. Something else that needs to be fixed! I guess the DMCs are getting back at me for trash talking them....

#5890 - 02/17/13 12:46 AM Re: DMC Problem [Re: Administrator]  
uppo72 Offline
addict
uppo72  Offline
addict

Originally Posted By: Administrator
I'll have to go back and start checking more stuff. The hotel started getting busy and I'm sure they were getting tired of me putting the elevators on fire service over and over again. Here's something else that was weird, since this is the Master car in the duplex. When we put this car on Phase II, even if we turn the other car loose the hall calls don't work for that car. Only when we reset the car were working on do the hall calls start working again. Something else that needs to be fixed! I guess the DMCs are getting back at me for trash talking them....

Since the door operator will close straight away, i think you need to find out if the DC is from the controller and is the cause of the doors closing or is the pcb on the door itself doing it. I would check this first, then swap the PDO pcb to see if it's on the door itself or there is a rogue limit causing this fault. It's a good fault but we love this stuff.

#5891 - 02/17/13 01:33 AM Re: DMC Problem [Re: uppo72]  
Johnny Offline
Journeyman
Johnny  Offline
Journeyman

Portland. Oregon
What version of software is in each car? Are you checking the inputs thru the variables (assumed)? When the car is on insp, can you manually (with the bull wheel) open the doors? clc adj 18? Have you tried switching the master and slave car? (for the other problem) Do both cars show Mas on the status display? When you press the open button and the doors open 1" and immediately close, do they try to reopen agaain or do you have to let off the button and hit it again? While it is open 1", does the dol input go low? Is the dcl high at this point? Is the dcb input high?

#5892 - 02/17/13 01:59 AM Re: DMC Problem [Re: Johnny]  
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted By: Johnny
What version of software is in each car? Are you checking the inputs thru the variables (assumed)? When the car is on insp, can you manually (with the bull wheel) open the doors? clc adj 18? Have you tried switching the master and slave car? (for the other problem) Do both cars show Mas on the status display? When you press the open button and the doors open 1" and immediately close, do they try to reopen agaain or do you have to let off the button and hit it again? While it is open 1", does the dol input go low? Is the dcl high at this point? Is the dcb input high?

I'll need to check the software version of each car. Yes, checking inputs through variables. When the car is on inspection, the doors are easily opened manually with bull wheel. CLC 18 = 001. I did try to change the other car to Master and this car to Slave and the hall calls did not work, so switched back. Not sure if both cars show MAS, need to check that. If you hold constant pressure on DOB, doors will continue to open 1" and re-close. Need to verify DCL and DOL in this sequence. FYI, doors work normally on independent service. DOB and DCB working correctly on independent and normal.

#5893 - 02/17/13 04:41 AM Re: DMC Problem [Re: Administrator]  
spanky Offline
stranger
spanky  Offline
stranger

Fargo
sounds like layered multiple problems. I'd be checking validated group landings first and make sure both group validations are the same in each car. Car validation is different, but the group is the same. The car without rear doors still has to see the the hoist way configuration, particularly if it's the master, so it needs group rear landing validation. You sort that out first, and the other problem might make itself more evident. I assume both were put in at the same time, and one wasn't a "mod" car added later.

Last edited by spanky; 02/17/13 04:48 AM.

My teacher told my parents I don't play well with others.
#6000 - 02/26/13 01:28 AM Re: DMC Problem [Re: spanky]  
Cincy guy Offline
stranger
Cincy guy  Offline
stranger

Sounds exactly like an account I used to service in KY. After everybody and their brother looked at the job we ended up replacing the CLC board and problem went away. My OEM contact said the software was written special for he job so e had to be extra careful with the chips

#6003 - 02/26/13 02:54 AM Re: DMC Problem [Re: Cincy guy]  
billvator Offline
journeyman
billvator  Offline
journeyman

the rear opening is it the only opening at that landing? or is there a front and rear at that landing? i hand issues very close to this with some DMC elevators. you will have an expansion board on the clc for the rear opening, they go bad and do very odd things,replace it. also make sure the car with the front and rear openings is the master. let me know if any of this works i will look in my adjusters book to see if there is some other odd input that might need to be set.

#6018 - 02/27/13 01:20 AM Re: DMC Problem [Re: billvator]  
Len Offline
Len  Offline

Sounds like you may have a problem with one of your clc..I seen recently where someone had a problem with one car in a three car system and they changed the master/slave config..and to go around a bad card..get the hall button system to work..but also caused one car out of three to go to sleep..and park at the lobby..working only when reset..master is designated and should not be changed..

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit