Who's Online Now
1 registered members (astepa), 17 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Newest Members
Prairieelevator, Robot Rob, Montkone, Jevans, Clayshooter
8395 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,468
Posts36,643
Members8,395
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#12627 - 11/07/14 02:16 AM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: doggie]  
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
jkh  Offline
4 Ever Learning.

Zany,

I think I am starting to understand what you are looking for.

Doggie,
Great suggestion! He may find what he is looking for there...

Make good choices,

JKH
#12630 - 11/07/14 01:24 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: doggie]  
zammy Offline
zammy  Offline

Itīs an other forum. Thanks.

IF there were this kind of site on the internet that You could easily browse Your way to a specific error code online and get the information instantly in the elevator machine room.

Would You use it?
Would You pay to use it?

Last edited by zammy; 11/07/14 01:25 PM.
#12631 - 11/07/14 01:42 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: zammy]  
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
jkh  Offline
4 Ever Learning.

Just as I suspected...

Make good choices,

JKH
#12632 - 11/07/14 02:11 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: jkh]  
zammy Offline
zammy  Offline

Dear JKH

I have been searching and searching this kind of service.

So I started to read the net is there reason. So far I have not found a reason.

Some say it is copyright. Some say these cartel companys own this information. But so far I can see that the guys making these claims are propably working in these companys.

And it is true that when there is no service like this it makes one think that maeby there is market for this kind of service.

Do You think it is wrong? Or is there a reason for beeing sarcastic about this?

Last edited by zammy; 11/07/14 02:12 PM.
#12633 - 11/07/14 02:31 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: zammy]  
koss Offline
journeyman
koss  Offline
journeyman

UK AND LOOKING FOR A JOB!
One question,,,are you a qualified lift engineer,,yes or no?

#12635 - 11/07/14 03:14 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: koss]  
zammy Offline
zammy  Offline

Yes I am.

I worked with fault finding for twenty years now. Have worked in big and small companys and different countrys.

My experince is that these cartell companys are trying to make it difficult for others to fix their elevators. Of course they do. How else they could have prices of repairs so high?

What happens is that there are no competition which makes the cartell eaven stronger. And it is the end user the lift owner and the people who are paying overprice of monopoly service when they have no choice but to buy the service and repairs from the original lift manufacturer.

It was a same thing with automobiles years back but the codes and tools are now free for anybody.

More knowledge more competition. Right?

Last edited by zammy; 11/07/14 03:33 PM.
#12636 - 11/07/14 03:35 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: zammy]  
ThyssenKrapp Offline
GDB
ThyssenKrapp  Offline
GDB

I'm afraid i am with Zammy on this one.

As long as the info stays within industry professionals then it could only be a good thing.

#12637 - 11/07/14 04:56 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: ThyssenKrapp]  
zammy Offline
zammy  Offline

In the automobile industry the car manufacturers tried to do the same that cartel lift companys are doing still.

They tried to have this repair information as their own information and to be used only in their own car workshops. They were claiming that the quarentee of car would be only valid if the car owner uses only car manufacturers "own" service and repairs. After a short while this was banned by law.

The new law allowed small workshops to buy tools and information for a reasonable price. Manufacturers of carīs have to give this information to anybody.

For me it hard to understand why is this any different in elevator business?
I JUST DONīT GET IT !

#12638 - 11/07/14 05:02 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: zammy]  
koss Offline
journeyman
koss  Offline
journeyman

Are you a qualified lift engineer,,yes or no?.??

#12639 - 11/07/14 05:03 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: koss]  
zammy Offline
zammy  Offline

Can You read? Yes or No ?

Last edited by zammy; 11/07/14 05:13 PM.
#12641 - 11/07/14 06:30 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: zammy]  
Silly Offline
enthusiast
Silly  Offline
enthusiast

Go ask any of these non Union places how safe the industry is. Information is just that, without the skills or knowledge to use it, people die, end of story. You repeatedly reference the auto industry, when the two do not even compare. owner of vehicle is typically the driver, driver is responsible to have a legal auto on the road. Brakes fail, driver dies or is injured, OR CAUSES SOMEONE ELSE TO BE INJURED, driver gets sued.

Lifts are not the same, the owner may never even ride the elevator that is used 1000's of time a day. Owner is still responsible to have lift in proper working conditions, and to meet code, these conditions are tested. His liability by allowing some asshat with Internet access to troubleshoot and or repair his elevator would be catastrophically high.

You wish to compile a list of elevator codes to publish on the Internet, cool have at it. You ask me would I use it, sure I do not turn away advice or tools when they are made available. You ask if I would pay for it, nah, that's not how we roll. Take your asshat self, go make your website, and get sued by the "cartels" that you have no fear of. I know for the company I work for, our lawyers have lawyers for their lawyers...

#12642 - 11/07/14 06:35 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: Silly]  
koss Offline
journeyman
koss  Offline
journeyman

Yep,,I can read,,,,are you a qualified lift engineer,,and what qualifications do you have?

#12645 - 11/07/14 11:03 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: koss]  
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
jkh  Offline
4 Ever Learning.

Zammy,
I've been around for 28 years. I've worked for big and small companies. I've worked with great mechanics and great people (not necessarily the same thing). I've heard a lot of tall tails, big boosting, and too much hot air.

The only thing I will agree with that you said is "The new LAW allowed the small shops to BUY the tools and information for a REASONABLE PRICE". This of course is a European law your referring to.

I think if the companies like the big 4 should be willing to sell thier prints, manuals, service tools and support at a reasonable price. And when a service tool or controller needs an updated software to be installed it should be for sale at a reasonable price too.

I am not interested in reading how you can do what you feel you can or should do! I would rather read a post from you helping someone who has posted a problem. Show me that side of your character. Show me your willingness to help a colleague in need of assistance. That is the side of the individuals on this sire that makes me proud to be apart of this industry.

Make good choices,

JKH
#12646 - 11/07/14 11:30 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: jkh]  
zammy Offline
zammy  Offline

Thats all I want. To help others.

Iīm only telling these jackasses who claim that errorcodes are proprity or copyright information that they are wrong. They are either working in the cartell companys or they are very easily brainwashed. Propably both.

Silly - I am not comparing the industry in any other way than in perspective of law. If the repairs is made by professional or not is a totally different discussion.

Koss - I concider myself a professional. What qualifications do you have? Is this really the topic here? Doeas it matter?

#12647 - 11/07/14 11:33 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: ThyssenKrapp]  
zammy Offline
zammy  Offline

Originally Posted By: ThyssenKrapp
I'm afraid i am with Zammy on this one.

As long as the info stays within industry professionals then it could only be a good thing.

Thanks for the support - somebody with brains here

#12648 - 11/07/14 11:36 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: Silly]  
zammy Offline
zammy  Offline

Originally Posted By: Silly
Go ask any of these non Union places how safe the industry is. Information is just that, without the skills or knowledge to use it, people die, end of story. You repeatedly reference the auto industry, when the two do not even compare. owner of vehicle is typically the driver, driver is responsible to have a legal auto on the road. Brakes fail, driver dies or is injured, OR CAUSES SOMEONE ELSE TO BE INJURED, driver gets sued.

Lifts are not the same, the owner may never even ride the elevator that is used 1000's of time a day. Owner is still responsible to have lift in proper working conditions, and to meet code, these conditions are tested. His liability by allowing some asshat with Internet access to troubleshoot and or repair his elevator would be catastrophically high.

You wish to compile a list of elevator codes to publish on the Internet, cool have at it. You ask me would I use it, sure I do not turn away advice or tools when they are made available. You ask if I would pay for it, nah, that's not how we roll. Take your asshat self, go make your website, and get sued by the "cartels" that you have no fear of. I know for the company I work for, our lawyers have lawyers for their lawyers...

Hah...we know where Silly works.

#12649 - 11/07/14 11:39 PM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: Silly]  
zammy Offline
zammy  Offline

And Silly...do You drive a car? If You do please stop...its really unsafe. Did You know that allready ? What a brainer.

#12650 - 11/08/14 12:57 AM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: zammy]  
rac66 Offline
journeyman
rac66  Offline
journeyman

Florida, USA
Zammy, you've got employees of "Cartels" that can't fully work on their own equipment because only certain technicians get all of the training. My advice is to avoid proprietary units. There is plenty of work out there.

#12652 - 11/08/14 02:19 AM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: zammy]  
doggie Offline
stranger
doggie  Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: zammy

IF there were this kind of site on the internet that You could easily browse Your way to a specific error code online and get the information instantly in the elevator machine room.

Would You use it?
Would You pay to use it?

@Zammy

It may be useful, but knowing specific fault/error codes is not going to fix elevators. Experience, knowledge, understanding, proper shop support and shared knowledge between elevator men in the field and on forums such as this one does.

I do however agree with you, the big boys do all they can to try to hold captive their market and the customer certainly pays. To a large degree though, any service company is only as good as its front line mechanics and when these mechanics are joined fraternally, fault code knowledge along with associated real world experience is usually a phone call or two or three away.

It takes educated and experienced men to fix broken elevators, information is and will always be simply another tool in their bags.

A fault/error code website would have to be pretty comprehensive and encompassing to be of real value.

And yes the auto repair industry and consumers have lobbied hard on multiple fronts and have made big legal strides in leveling the field for the independent repair shop. The reasons why it has not happened in the elevator industry are likely many, such as elevator owners are at best loosely knit - no lobby power, independent elevator repair shops are loosely knit - no lobby power, the size and type of industry, etc. Are you going to take you Otis car to a Schindler dealer for repair, your Kone to Thyssen, your Ford to Chevy, your Nissan to Toyota.

For the foreseeable future, the independent elevator repair shop and aftermarket parts supplier will remain at a disadvantage and will remain playing catch up when taking on the big boys and their newest twists and technologies. I have worked for the same independent elevator company as a front line mechanic for many years, and only thorough shared experience and information with other mechanics, have I been able to succeed to the degree that I have.

A better educated, organized and proactive elevator consumer is what would be needed to bridle the big boys, and that's not going to happen anytime soon.

@Silly

Lmfao. You made some very good points, and I am willing to bet Zammy has thick skin.

#12654 - 11/08/14 03:46 AM Re: Error codes for any elevator [Re: Silly]  
doggie Offline
stranger
doggie  Offline
stranger

I know for the company I work for, our lawyers have lawyers for their lawyers...

Off topic

Guy walks into a bar and orders a shot and a beer. Bartender brings him his drink and says "boy, you look glum, long day?", Guy shaking his head says "nah,... all lawyers are assholes." Guy at the other end of the bar says "hey, I heard that remark and I resent it!" Guy says "figures,... you're a lawyer too?!" Guy at the other end of the bar says "What! No I'm not a lawyer I'm an asshole."

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit