So the elevator has shutdown a couple times at exactly the same spot in the hatch. I thought I was clipping a door lock so I was mislead for a while. Last night a passenger was entrapped and when I arrived the building, thankfully , left the line in and I was able to see what the elevator was actually doing. Intermittently, the elevator will neglect to accelerate into high speed. It will respond to a hall call, or home to a floor, at around 10-12 fpm. It will creep down the hatch until the "FT timer" trips and shuts it down. After going through the prints I figured that maybe one of my "F" relays either wasn't picking or not making contact. I cleaned them up. I later took out the "V" slowdown IBM relays and either sprayed them with cleaner or replaced them depending on how my tester read them. I am not confident I got it because I really wasn't able to cause the problem by blocking contacts. I plan to go back tomorrow and am looking for any other ideas on what may cause a composite to act in the way I described. Also, I witnessed the problem in both directions.