Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 18 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
ChurchGuy, Luis Mariano, zorktar, LiftsInSpace, Brian-EW
8457 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,499
Posts36,809
Members8,457
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14345 - 06/02/15 03:47 AM Diagnosing Error Codes -TK Lev Residental Elevator  
etbrown4 Offline
stranger
etbrown4  Offline
stranger

We perform skilled maintenance on motor controls, elevators, and related equipment in St. Thomas, VI where we have to wear many hats. We are not full time elevator repair folks, and have limited knowledge on the Lev units.

We have a unit which intermittently displays an E2 code. Resetting the UPS will usually clear the code, though it will usually re-occur in either days or weeks.

Suggestions appreciated.

#14346 - 06/02/15 04:36 AM Re: Diagnosing Error Codes -TK Lev Residental Elevator [Re: etbrown4]  
WAstarita Offline
stranger
WAstarita  Offline
stranger

You are in tricky territory when it comes to TK LEV and other TK products. There home elevator, accessibility division shut down about 3 years ago so getting parts and support is very difficult.

E2 is a result of a critical fault in the selector system and can be triggered from a ton of things (door zone sensors, normal limits, out of alignment of magnets, etc).

If you are not under contract for this I would tread carefully, you may end up in a quagmire and own something you can't get out of. We've been retrofitting LEV installation over to Savaria Eclipse drive systems when major parts and boards have failed, while not the cheapest answer it makes sense in the long run to have a supported product. It becomes almost dollar for dollar in cost when the drive unit goes bad.

My suggestion would be to check the leveling magnets, see if any fell off or are moved around. They could have also just become demagnetized to the point of not being picked up. If you look at the service history, more than not this happened when the elevator got to a particular landing and sat for a while or right after getting to a landing, typically the same one.

The leveling magnets get read by the selector to tell the controller how close the car is to the landing as it is approaching and making it stop at a sweet spot where it needs to be to be level with the sill. If they are not reading correct or have shifted it may make the car stop beyond the landing just enough to go past a normal limit, so while the selector is reading the lift has stopped physically where it supposed to be, the normal zone limit switches may not be activated do to the shift, confusing the controller. The selector is telling the controller the lift is where it supposed to be but the limit switch is not active so its seeing conflicting information.

Check the magnets are straight, they are set in a pattern indicating the landing stop, you may have to contact TK Access parts for an installation manual if one is not on site. Check the car top and the pit to see if any fell off.

If it is not the selector or the magnets another common reason for this was the DZ1 and/or DZ2 relays have gone bad. You can exchange them for the ones for the brake and see if that stops the issue. If you have ever seen a C2 error, those are also related to the DZ relay's going bad.

Resetting the UPS is not enough to diagnose the issue, upon resetting it the elevator cycles and homes (unless a door or gate contact is open). My guess is its the relays.

Hope this helps. Be safe.

#14355 - 06/02/15 01:18 PM Re: Diagnosing Error Codes -TK Lev Residental Elevator [Re: WAstarita]  
Silly Offline
enthusiast
Silly  Offline
enthusiast

I also would think its the relays, as a manual reset clears the issue for "days or weeks". Missing magnets would normally be picked up on the very next run, as would a broken or malfunctioning switch. But a relay....gawd awful how those things can be so intermittent. It's why a very smart guy created the Wizbang after all! Good luck and happy hunting.

#14402 - 06/08/15 01:35 PM Re: Diagnosing Error Codes -TK Lev Residental Elevator [Re: Silly]  
etbrown4 Offline
stranger
etbrown4  Offline
stranger

We got to the job after the guest had left, and no code showing.

I am sure he encountered an E2 code at some point as otherwise he would not have complained.

We've cycled the unit numerous times without a load....no codes.

Ideas appreciated.

#14414 - 06/10/15 10:03 PM Re: Diagnosing Error Codes -TK Lev Residental Elevator [Re: etbrown4]  
BillS Offline
journeyman
BillS  Offline
journeyman

ECI in Florida offer repair services for the LEV controllers.

#14431 - 06/11/15 10:38 PM Re: Diagnosing Error Codes -TK Lev Residental Elevator [Re: BillS]  
etbrown4 Offline
stranger
etbrown4  Offline
stranger

ECI sounds like a good tip, however, I went to their site and I see every brand of electronic elevator component there except for TK. I wonder if they call it something else.

In cycling the unit perhaps 30 times, we finally got the E2 code to reappear.

We've replaced 2 DZ relays on the main board as suggested. Since the trouble was intermittent, it may take a while to see if this does it.

#14435 - 06/12/15 04:53 PM Re: Diagnosing Error Codes -TK Lev Residental Elevator [Re: etbrown4]  
Boa Offline
Boa  Offline

NC
you can easily prove if the relays. Swap both DZ's with BK's, if the relays are the problem a differant code will appear

#22855 - 01/30/18 09:12 AM Re: Diagnosing Error Codes -TK Lev Residental Elevator [Re: etbrown4]  
vidwiz Offline
stranger
vidwiz  Offline
stranger

Thanks. This thread has helped a lot. Anyone still around? I have a bad relay and my difficulty comes in matching the part. I've gone to the findernet.com relay website and studied the numbering system. The fifth character in the part number indicates DC or sensitive DC. I've found no identifying marking on the part. The part number is 44.52.?.024.0000. The question mark can be a 7 or a 9. Anyone know the correct number?

#22856 - 01/30/18 09:15 AM Re: Diagnosing Error Codes -TK Lev Residental Elevator [Re: etbrown4]  
vidwiz Offline
stranger
vidwiz  Offline
stranger

And to add to the confusion, these guys say it should be 40.61.8.024.0000.

https://access2parts.com/elevator-parts/access-industries/lev/lev-door-zone-brake-relay-blue.html

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit