Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 8 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Newest Members
Prairieelevator, Robot Rob, Montkone, Jevans, Clayshooter
8395 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics6,492
Posts36,768
Members8,395
Most Online117
Jan 16th, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5484 - 01/08/13 05:37 AM schindler 400A  
Scott Davidson Offline
troubleshooter1
Scott Davidson  Offline
troubleshooter1

california
we are getting one of these units on service, the simm card is already missing. has anyone been servicing one of these units without the simm, and without a CADI Tool? What does the CADI tool do? The owner is aware we may have trouble without the above items. is it true you cannot see all faults, nor see all of the Input and outputs without the simm. if we had the simm, is the CADI Tool absolutely necessary? Also, I have a print, but no manual, anybody have a manual in pdf form they would like to share, give me a pm. thanks

#5486 - 01/08/13 02:45 PM Re: schindler 400A [Re: Scott Davidson]  
Philly Offline
enthusiast
Philly  Offline
enthusiast

Every time swindler or otis does crap like this it hurts there reputation. When are they going to figure out that if they'd actually do the job that they were paid to perform, they wouldn't lose service. Stealing the customers parts so they can blackmail them into service is pathetic. And what does this say for the former service guys character? Stealing for your company? WTF! Sorry, just venting a bit.

#5487 - 01/08/13 02:46 PM Re: schindler 400A [Re: Philly]  
Philly Offline
enthusiast
Philly  Offline
enthusiast

I'll see what I can get scott.

#5533 - 01/11/13 07:16 AM Re: schindler 400A [Re: Philly]  
GreenPants Offline
GreenPants
GreenPants  Offline
GreenPants

most property managers leave the manufacture due to prices not lack of maintenance. manufactures like to keep their technology to themselves like any other tech company. we arent working on relay based stuff anymore. best thing is to bow out gracefully, leave the small parts/prints, and wait for the prop. manager to call back but for cheaper price.

#5537 - 01/12/13 02:06 PM Re: schindler 400A [Re: GreenPants]  
SEC Reject Offline
SEC Reject  Offline

If you have the SIM (SDM chip), the CADI is not very relevant. With the SDM chip, CAT 1 and CAT 5 tests are easily performable, as well as troubleshooting and setting different parameters. Without either, you would want the customer to demand an upgrade to 2.18 software, which allows enough functionality to make retention of the job a possibility. Unfortunately, this is something the customer needs to demand, as SEC will not listen to another company's requests.

The purpose of the CADI is more for initial set-up and to make in depth parameter changes.

One other tactic to try is to get the consultant involved if one has been involved in the maintenance bidding process. They can be 'quite persuasive' in getting SEC to leave the SDM chip on site or in upgrading the software.

Good luck.

#5546 - 01/13/13 05:09 AM Re: schindler 400A [Re: SEC Reject]  
Scott Davidson Offline
troubleshooter1
Scott Davidson  Offline
troubleshooter1

california
Wow, thanks for the info. really appreciate it, as we are definitely taking the unit on without the sim card. Customer has been informed of the problem, he contacted schindler, and they informed him the sim card was proprietary equipment, and that the car would function properly without it. Customer is also so upset with schindler, that he is willing for us to take the service regardless of the possibility of us not being able to fix the car at some point. I am going to contact the owner, and inform him of the info you gave me. thanks again, would be nice to learn how to work on these cars.

#5552 - 01/14/13 05:39 AM Re: schindler 400A [Re: Scott Davidson]  
classic_chevy Offline
classic_chevy  Offline

SoCal
From what I understand the on board diagnostics are all loaded on the SIMM. Without it the CADI will be required for pulling fault codes and possibly even resets. Very difficult to support without the SIMM. Supposedly an early version of CADI was leaked out but I have never seen anyone with it nor have I been able to find it. They have a special telegram they can send to the CPU that will invalidate the SIMM and make it unusable so, just because the job has the SIMM DOES NOT mean it is functional.

#5609 - 01/22/13 02:08 AM Re: schindler 400A [Re: classic_chevy]  
SEC Reject Offline
SEC Reject  Offline

Not true. Some very basic fault codes are available on the base SMLCD without even the SIM card. As stated above, with the software revision, you have more than a fighting chance of retaining the job. Leave a thread on the forum and I'm more than willing to help with fault codes.

Also, Schindler will no longer even bring the SDM chip to the job after construction turnover unless Schindler's SRM (Schindler Remote Monitoring) has been installed. That is how they can invalidate the SDM chip if they lose the job and are unable to gain access to the controller. Another note-don't bother demanding the SDM chip from Schindler. The chip is not on the customer's bill of sale, and won't be provided as it is considered property of Schindler.

I have seen customers with a bit of clout (a lot of properties and units) strong arm Schindler into leaving the SDM chips in the controllers. But I have also seen a few customers fail when trying.

As stated above-version 2.18 or above is the way to go. The company I work for has been successfully maintaining TX-R5 and 400A units with and without the SDM chip. It's just that without it you need to have some prior experience with the equipment.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions in the future. Here to help.

#5614 - 01/23/13 04:08 AM Re: schindler 400A [Re: SEC Reject]  
ABE Offline
Mechanic
ABE  Offline
Mechanic

A few years back Schindler installed 2 400As at fairly large University in my area. As part of the the University's elevator spec all the elevator contractors are required to provide a full set of diagnostic tools and manuals to the university on any new installations and mods. In this case Schindler refused to provide the SDM chip even after it being in the specifically spelled out in the job spec. The University then held a large chunk of money from the General Contractor after the building was finished. Long story short, another company was contacted to replace the 400a controls and fixture before Schindler's warranty had even expired.

#5615 - 01/23/13 08:15 AM Re: schindler 400A [Re: ABE]  
elevatedone Offline
elevatedone  Offline

God help anyone who gets a 3300.You know,the belted machine-roomless deal.
Never had any major problems out of the rest of the types,pretty basic.
I have had a few crip boards go bad,mostly with the HW door circuits on the board.

#27547 - 08/02/19 05:59 PM Re: schindler 400A [Re: Scott Davidson]  
Jcjmowrey Offline
enthusiast
Jcjmowrey  Offline
enthusiast

Atlanta ga
Anyone have a manual or at least a fault code list for 400a’s. I know I’ll need this in the future. The three controllers we have service on still have SIM cards.

If all else fails, read the instructions

Photo Gallery
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
Drive sheave
The best helper.
Rotary Oildraulic
Old Otis badge.
Brakes,Coil,Rotor
KONE MX10 repair tool kit