I have a building with 4 Dover composites, 11 stops. One of the cars had a very noisy MG that went to the motor shop for work. I suspect the armature was coming off of the shaft. Our office had the commutator cut, armature cleaned and fields cleaned to clear all grounds.

MG set was re-installed today. Ran the car on inspect and found that the car was not suiciding properly, jumper off of the terminals and the ran through the brake. I found that the back contact of BR was dirty, cleaned the contact and no more driving through the brake. Suicide circuit appears intact.

Generator still noisy (office did not spec work correctly), I started checking the same stuff all over again. I found that I have a 5.5-6 volt output at the generator armature(bad) and 2-2.5 volts on my hoist motor armature with an idle car. Output doesn't appear to to build past 6 volts. I am concerned because when I run empty car up, I read only 3.5 volts on my hoist motor armature. The other cars have zero voltage on the generator or hoist motor when idle.

I have two generic sets of prints that are not job specific. I am grabbing a tach tomorrow morning to check speed in both directions on auto (doors out). I am wondering if improper compounding can cause this issue? I should also mention that I have checked all connections, installed and sanded in new brushes.