I have a simplex Northern car, not sure if it is a Northstar 9000 or TC 3200; no name plate on the controller. I have an installation guide that has both names.
The car is driving through the brake. It has a Thyssen geared machine, two brake coils in series; they ohm out fine and wiring back to the controller is good. Neither of my brake relays are picking, power to pick the relays comes from a side contact of the main contactor and that ohms out fine. When I checked power from the side contactor to the brake board, I only had 7 vac, I should have 120 vac. WIth the connector unplugged, I get 120 vac.
I figured that something was screwy on the brake board, so I ordered another. Installed the new board today, car still drives through the brake. I found a battery behind the relay board for the sheave jammer, it is split open and dead. I will replace the battery in the morning but after that I am at a loss.
I have no open fuses and I have checked all relay contacts that are in the brake circuit. Any ideas?