Originally Posted By: swift5000expert
why would they charge for a terminal emulator program? I would connect to the dummy terminal and figure out the keystrokes to make a windows version.

Once again.....Swift does talk in dumbterminal mode. Now then if you're wanting to see the monitor.....

Without a video board configured for the correct readout and a monitor capable of painting the screen from the video board signals, so that you get your normal group display, or the PMI board display. You are stuck with a terminal on some sort of VT100 mode issueing FLT commands. Monitors need a graphical structure to paint the screen. True with enough time and money things can happen. But MCE offering for free. And swift 5000 your basically looking at a bunch of 30 year old dreams of John Pierre on those old RGB monitors. It's not hardly worth it.

I've wondered something about Swift. They claim they're non-proprieatary and for the most part they are in the states. In the provinces of Canada, no support is offered or parts to any OEM's in Canada, with the exception of TK. I thought Non-Proprieatry was just that, till a few trips that way.

It Don't mean a thing if it aint got that swing.

Cool, Free, Johnny Smith courtesy of NPR..HERE
http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/asc/asc25.smith.asx