A little late on the update, but for those still curious of my progress, I did in fact pass the aptitude test.

For any prospective apprentices I'll give a quick run down of my test, but I'll also be mindful that a lot of guys on this forum are likely union members and would frown upon me giving an undeserved advantage to incoming recruits.

With that said, my test was 100 questions, split up evenly between math/reading comprehension/mechanical aptitude.

The reading comprehension was exactly how all reading comprehension tests are. Be mindful that the difficulty scaled up towards the end.

The math was much more basic than I thought it would be. There was no alegbra. You're test might be different, because its possible each region uses a different aptitude test so take it with a grain of salt. There is no calculator so make sure you have all your basics down. Long division using a decimal would be an example of what to touch up on. As always, know order of operations.

Mechanical comprehension is hard to study for. Be familiar with pullys, gears, levers, pressure/fluid.

Hope that helps put anyone to ease with the test coming up.

My interview is on the 26th. This is sooner then I was expecting, so I'm sort of scrambling to get a letter of recommendation and some old college transcript grades. I'm honestly not sure how important that stuff is. So if anyone wants to provide anymore input for my upcoming interview, that would be cool.

Otherwise thanks again for those who helped me out so far.