coriice,

I have been in this industry for a long time. To my knowledge, only Schindler personnel INSTALL Schindler. 3 of the big 4 will not allow others to install their elevator. Thyssen will allow it through Vertical Express (Vertex -- I think they changed their name again, I don't know). In other words, any third party installer / elevator company with a Vertex account (which we have) can by a Thyssen package, Thyssen tac controller with on screen display, and have a complete elevator to install. With that said, I don't understand how you can say your guy installs Schindler elevators but mostly handles Thyssen? I've been doing this for awhile and I don't think that is possible. If it is, let me know how it is. I am a lifelong learner and maybe can learn something new. But remember I deal with these 4 companies on the parts and troubleshooting side every day. I know certain people from each company very well.

Now, to try to help you. A Schindler Smart needs someone with special diagnostic tools to diagnose it....depending on the software. You'll have to buy any part(s) through someone (Adams or Shindler, Shindler owns Adams) and I don't think they are going to sell it to you without being a licensed elevator company, insurance, licensed techs, etc.