Hey Johnny, you were 6th on the list correct? If so I actually think you are next in line. I believe they have called out 5 people so far.

You will likely need to be at your job site around 7am, where ever that may be. Each local has its own jurisdiction and I couldn't tell you what local 133's is until I myself get accepted.

I suppose it's possible that if there is sufficient work in your area and you got in good with your contractor, they might cater a little to where you live. I wouldn't expect this as a probationary apprentice coming in though.

My electrical contractor basically keeps the guys who live south working south, and north working north (for the most part, I know people who are traveling all the way to San Antonio for work!). I may just be lucky to be working for a considerate contractor though.

If it were me, I would at least start considering the idea of relocating if it becomes necessary, because it very may well become a major issue for you. Getting through Austin in either direction can be a major pain, especially when we need to be at work so early already.

Seriously though man, good luck and I hope you get your call soon. I'm sure some of us in this thread may even end up working together soon, so please keep us updated.