Zammy,
I've been around for 28 years. I've worked for big and small companies. I've worked with great mechanics and great people (not necessarily the same thing). I've heard a lot of tall tails, big boosting, and too much hot air.

The only thing I will agree with that you said is "The new LAW allowed the small shops to BUY the tools and information for a REASONABLE PRICE". This of course is a European law your referring to.

I think if the companies like the big 4 should be willing to sell thier prints, manuals, service tools and support at a reasonable price. And when a service tool or controller needs an updated software to be installed it should be for sale at a reasonable price too.

I am not interested in reading how you can do what you feel you can or should do! I would rather read a post from you helping someone who has posted a problem. Show me that side of your character. Show me your willingness to help a colleague in need of assistance. That is the side of the individuals on this sire that makes me proud to be apart of this industry.

Make good choices,

JKH