Originally Posted By: Silly
Go ask any of these non Union places how safe the industry is. Information is just that, without the skills or knowledge to use it, people die, end of story. You repeatedly reference the auto industry, when the two do not even compare. owner of vehicle is typically the driver, driver is responsible to have a legal auto on the road. Brakes fail, driver dies or is injured, OR CAUSES SOMEONE ELSE TO BE INJURED, driver gets sued.

Lifts are not the same, the owner may never even ride the elevator that is used 1000's of time a day. Owner is still responsible to have lift in proper working conditions, and to meet code, these conditions are tested. His liability by allowing some asshat with Internet access to troubleshoot and or repair his elevator would be catastrophically high.

You wish to compile a list of elevator codes to publish on the Internet, cool have at it. You ask me would I use it, sure I do not turn away advice or tools when they are made available. You ask if I would pay for it, nah, that's not how we roll. Take your asshat self, go make your website, and get sued by the "cartels" that you have no fear of. I know for the company I work for, our lawyers have lawyers for their lawyers...

And Silly...do You drive a car? If You do please stop...its really unsafe. Did You know that allready ? What a brainer.