Wow has it been this long? Where have i been? What have I been doing? Service work, safety tests, replacing a step chain and steps on an escalator, the usual. 1 LR and 2 mechanics here so we do EVERYTHING. Maintenance, service, construction, surveys, sales, customer visits. Its a juggling game. But they leave us alone so I'll never complain.

I'm thinking it was the cracked DCL limit too, replacing that calmed it down but then later found a bad safety edge cable causing it to intermittently open at regular speed too, and the customer wasn't clear on the speed differences, just that it was opening on it's own. A coincidence of 2 separate events causing very similar occurrences.

Going to throw a few of those collars in the van!

Also was recommended that it was important to do a door learn from the software on the laptop. My assumption is that the door software is programmed to do a learn on its own, because the pulse count it stored was identical to the pulse count i initiated from the computer.

While i was playing around I found a feature in the CLC parameter list that said:

Predictive Maintenance

Any body have any idea what this could possibly mean? Its been on my mind for awhile. We have a unit built by a (now out of business) local company with an off-the-shelf PLC and it was programmed to require a reset procedure every 6 months. Which always ended up in a callback.

Last edited by rollaway-up; 11/28/14 02:18 AM.