WorkingSuper,

I just want to go over what I see you are saying to us.

The car starts to move mostly in the up direction, then there is a pause, then an abrupt start to move again?

The car was found with the mechanical portion of the governor tripped, the car on safety and slack in the hoist cables?

The oil was found heated up to a high tempature and the oil tank over tempature switch was broken and was replaced?

The car when it is sitting idle and not being used will run the pump unit and relevel in?

And you've said the following corrective actions were taken?

A oil heater was installed?
The rails were polished?
Contactors or relays were replaced?
The oil over tempature sensor was replaced?
The piston packing was replaced?
And the oil flow was adjusted?

I am recommending you and your elevator contractor do the following;

1) Turn the power off to the elevator, place a gauge on the valve and close the hydrualic supply line shut off valve to the piston. If the pressure drops on the gauge the valve needs work.

2) Place the elevator controller on test, turn the power on. With the elevator at the bottom landing, place the elevator on controller inspection. Run the car up and watch the timing of wye and delta. If the time to transfer from wye to delta is lengthy (example would be 5 seconds) stop running the car up. Your DELX timer is bad or set too long.

3) with the controller on test and inspection, run the car up and watch if BB (the motor transfer pilot is picking up before delta. If it is then I belive the car is trying to run up while the pump motor is running in wye. If so, then when delta picks the pump would increase the pressure rapidly to the piston.

Let us know what you find...

Make good choices,

JKH