just being inquisitive , speed is definitely a concern, i think I'm more concerned with the positioning system at that hi of a speed. i just don't think a tape reader system can handle such a rise and speed. maybe theoretically, but how practical is it really. that is one concern. guess we really need to contact all the non proprietary companies and ask questions about how they feel about the speed and rise, see if they have anyone install such a system, and any problems that may have arisen,
jkh we have not sent proposal yet, just getting all our ducks in a row, it will be 15 cars, all gearless, of which we would keep all the machines. also new door equipment, probably keep the existing otis hall door equipment. just a new operator etc. they are otis currently otis 401 elevonic cars.
obviously we are going to try and get the mod, was just wanting some feed back.
BRG, have you ever worked on cars of that speed? have you ever witnessed a safety set at 1450 fpm? it can be quite intimidating to someone who has just installed and worked on 350fpm cars. i think speed is a contributing factor to think about, you really don't want the cars to shut down in flight due to some benign fault that most of the new controllers incorporate into there systems now.
I think at that speed, you would want software to check, and double check if not triple check all aspects of the system before issuing a command to drop everything in flight. this would be another concern of mine, also I'm sure there are things to take into account at that speed which we have not thought of yet. not sure what they would be, as i personally have only worked on one other system that had that speed. and only a few times at that.