I've started my own 14 years ago and still running strong. However, the BS one has to deal with is a major struggle. You'll need to have a business mind to even compete let alone succeed. 14 years ago I started up with 3 others, today I am sole proprietor. I've been audited twice, I had to sue individuals, I've also been sued, been stabbed in the back by both friends and family, struggled through the worse economy our generation has ever seen, work more hours than I spend at home, and many other things I can sit here and cry about. But you know what? It's been worth it and I love what I do. I also enjoy the fact I can tell any one of my customers to go F*** off anytime I want, though I typically don't. There is one important lesson that I recently had learned the hard way. At the end of the day, all I am is the guy who signs the checks. No matter how much you think you are friends with any employee, you are not theirs. Other than that it's been great lol

Love what I do, enjoy the challenge, the elevator industry has made me a much smarter man than I ever would have been.