Jim - I can't find any info on an exact date when the elevator was installed but I believe it was in the early 50's. Code data plate shows it to have been installed under ASME17.1 - 1930 if that helps. Plate on unit says Rotary Power Unit Model K10, Serial No E7348. I alsoe taken some pictures of the panel if that will help. Let me know if you need any more info.

I was in working on the elevator today. I removed all the relays, cleaned all the contacts and reinstalled. No change to operation was noted.

Here's what I found when I ran some tests -

With the car on the 1st floor, when the 1st floor call button was pressed, relays 1C, A and C latched. I then manually engaged the DO relay (which stayed latched). The door opened, paused and then closed and all the relays reset.

Car still on 1st floor, pressed the 2nd floor call button. Relays 2C, A, C and UA latched but nothing else happened. Had to shut-off the power to clear the relays.

Moved car to 2nd floor by manually activating the motor relay. When the car arrived on the 2nd floor, the relay disengaged (short of the stop). Re-engaged relay and car moved to correct location and disengaged so now car is on location on 2nd floor.

I pressed the 2nd floor call button and 2C, A and C latched. I then manually engaged DO which latched and the door opened, closed and the relays reset.

I then pressed the 1st floor call and relays 1C, A, C and UA latched. Again nothing else happened and I had to turn off the power to get the relays to reset.

There must be a permissive somewhere that is locking up the system.

Dave