Covering calls on another mechanic's route, not really familiar with this gear. This issue is a repeat callback, I don't really have any info as to what the mechanic has tried.

The log was cleared less than 24 hours ago and fault 41 was logged 56 times. I found a book in the machine room and checked all of the items it suggested. Encoder wheel looks ok (not chunked out and riding nicely on the rail) and RL2 is picking and dropping. After resetting the log and running the car, I immediately started logging this fault again.

The book also suggested checking a menu that showed acceleration, deceleration and velocity in both directions. The first two values (accel and velocity) are pretty close in both directions, but all I get for decel values are question marks. The book says if I get question marks I should double check an input that picks the RL2 relay. Since I saw the relay picking and am not sure when the relay should pick or how long it should be picked (maybe 67% of contract speed) I didn't check the input.

I would really have liked to swap speed boards with a running car but in this three car group, this car runs 50 fpm slower than the other two.

Can I swap speed boards with a car that has a higher contract speed?

I ordered two of the little speed boards, how do I set these boards up? Am I on the right track?

Thanks